SF Alpha Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SF Alpha Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
From that tape, an interesting prospect. Sort of a crafty, not-overly-athletic wing player, but with excellent ball skill.

Basically an extremely poor persons Paul Pierce? I'll take that.
Just a reminder that Pierce made some pretty damn athletic plays in college and early on in his career.

Reaction Score
Quote from Alpha Diallo in a Rivals article from today:

"I'm hearing from a lot of schools," Alpha said. "I'd say I'm hearing the most from Arizona State, Minnesota, San Diego State, UCONN, Oklahoma State, yeah, that's some of them."

Reaction Score

very nice. Would love him to be a serious target for KO, seems very under the radar due to sitting out last year. Dominated nations, great size to play the 2/3 even 4 a la larrier + hamilton. I like him as much if not more than Jackson our other wing target

Reaction Score
A top 100 kid whose cousin is a 5 star recruit and one of our top targets. It'd be crazy if we weren't in on him. I bet we see both of them in a UConn uniform.

Reaction Score
A top 100 kid whose cousin is a 5 star recruit and one of our top targets. It'd be crazy if we weren't in on him. I bet we see both of them in a UConn uniform.
Is Hamidou actually his cousin?

Reaction Score
Went to Brewster's first game last night to watch Alpha Diallo for the first time in person. Played against Redemption Christian which had good players but didn't appear to me to have quality D1 talent. He is really a Lasan Kromah clone. Plays hard hard hard, gets results from the effort more than the skill. Shoots okay but isn't a deadly shooter. He is a good player, but that 100 to 200 ranking is probably right. He did not own the game like he did on tv as part of the Africa Team, and did not start the second half or play 'best player' minutes for Brewster.
Taurean Thompson is an uncommitted 6'10 2016 top 100 player (90ish) for Brewster who will be a contributing big man for somebody but not the main big on a good D1 team. He has an aggressive offensive mentality but also wants to ref the games. Brewster has a 6'9 white kid committed to Lehigh, (Jack Lieb), who is better than that level. An Eric Montross type of posture and broad shoulders with speed, ups, energy, and IQ. He didn't get an opportunity to show on the offensive area but I bet he is solid. You will hear from CJ Keyser who is their point guard replacement for Jalen Adams and is Brewster's best player, (Witchita State commit). I didn't know of him and haven't checked if he is rated, but he is easily top 100 talent at guard and similar to Corey Joseph when he played at Findley Prep.

Brewster in 2015 had commits to UConn, Georgetown, Arizona, Virginia, Washington, Louisville, Wisconsin, and 3 others lower D1.
Brewster in 2016 has Witchita State, Colorado, Lehigh, South Florida, West Point, Northwestern, +Thompson & Diallo , ie good but not as good. South Florida commit couldn't make a shot or lay up but looked pretty trying.

I'll keep the boneyard informed on what I see from quality players this year as they come through the 'lake' teams.

Reaction Score
Finally being reported on 247 that we are trying to get in the mix. He is a player we should have been on for a year. He can play 2G in situations no problem.

Reaction Score
Finally being reported on 247 that we are trying to get in the mix. He is a player we should have been on for a year. He can play 2G in situations no problem.
Good stuff...

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
He sure does sound like a player we could use. He was described as a "4" at 6'7" if I got it right. Is that correct? I thought he was more like an all-around skilled but not super-athletic SF.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
He sure does sound like a player we could use. He was described as a "4" at 6'7" if I got it right. Is that correct? I thought he was more like an all-around skilled but not super-athletic SF.
From the couple of times I've seen him I'd call him a left-handed, poor man's DHam. So, primarily a wing who can handle the ball up top, but with enough size to play as a smallball 4 in college.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

4-star? He was described as a wing.

Reaction Score
From the couple of times I've seen him I'd call him a left-handed, poor man's DHam. So, primarily a wing who can handle the ball up top, but with enough size to play as a smallball 4 in college.
Yeah I forget what it was that I saw with him and Hamidou on the same team but he was the best player in that game. Points, Rebounds, Assists, he was doing it all.

Reaction Score
When I watch him I think of a better ball handling Lasan Kromah that contributes all over the court and is very effective depending on matchups. Perhaps searches his shot more than Kromah, and perhaps has a more reliable shot from all ranges, but his value is defense, a will to win, and switching to any player on defense like a Kromah or Giffey. He is a glue type player. He rebounds in traffic but his body type is more Kromah, not a power 4 player. Coombs-McDaniel type athlete, meaning adequate, but not a sky walker. You could sic him on another team's wing scorer and I think he could take the guy out of his game. Those who watched the Africa game on TV saw him handle the ball a lot and have the offense run through him, but penetrating a couple dribbles from a point guard's pass and then taking pull up 10 ft shot is a real strength. Evidently scored 25 points against IMG and then went for 35 points, eight rebounds and eight assists against Hargrave Military Academy with Ollie watching. I view him as a big 2G in a 3 guard lineup. Like Walker-Bazz-Lamb. Was Lamb really a 3 wing or a big 2G?
He isn't going to change the fortunes of the team, but I like him.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Wonder if the offer has anything to do with DHam.
Last I heard Dham is going nowhere, just testing the waters. Who knows though, things do change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom