Seton Hall Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The only important thing that happened tonight was Clingan looked really hurt. Sit him until he really gets well.

We didn't play well or shoot well or handle the ball well.

We should have sagged and mucked up the paint. Bad game plan tonight.

Reaction Score
Disappointing game. I don't even think Seton Hall played really well, we just played horribly. Guess the guys are ready for Christmas

Agreed. This didn't really feel like an outlier performance from SHU to me. They played exactly how you'd expect them to play, we just weren't prepared (or didn't execute) to stop it. They dictated the pace and style of play and we let them.

Road games are tough.

Reaction Score
Not surprised we lost; surprised at the margin.

BE teams are 4-0 at home so far. Anyone saying we were going 17-3 or 18-2 in conference play needs a reality check. 15-5 is our ceiling.
If 15-5 is our ceiling we don’t have much shot at a top 2 seed

Reaction Score
I'm also sick of the "they wanted it more!" or "they had more toughness!" crap.

Every player on the floor was tough. Every player on the floor wanted to win. We just didn't play the right way TO win. That was a failure of preparation by the staff and players alike.

Onto the next one. The Big East isn't supposed to be easy.
Agree on everything but the toughness. It doesn’t mean our guys are soft. SH absolutely was tougher in the paint tonight. The guards went stronger to the rim. And Samson was completely outmatched on the glass

Reaction Score
I know the hallmark of Hurley's defense is tough aggressive man to man, I just don't understand the logic of feeling like you need to suffocate guys 25+ feet from the basket and just leave the whole middle of the paint completely exposed. Every game we've dealt with Richmond, he's always backed smaller guards down to the hoop starting at like, the high post. and we just keep giving them space to do it. Same for Wusu.. the dude is a tank, he can bump Karaban wherever he wants, let alone Newton or Cam if they're guarding him.

Reaction Score
Bad game by everyone except DC.

Missed to many shots. Cam and Karaban almost no shows on offense.

To many turnovers. Got out rebounded. Sampson out of position and can't defend the block against real bigs. For long periods. Teams are going at Karaban of the dribble or posting up.

Tristen didn't carry us tonight. Richmond bigger than him.

Ball and Castle didn't play well. They are freshman and will learn.

We'll be back. But need DC healthy. He needs to be smarter when he is out of position. He got hurt on a bad foul.

Reaction Score
Bad loss. effort wasn't there. Whatever.

I'm concerned that we aren't playing castle enough; and I'm concerned it's because he missed so much time with the injury.

He looks ready and looks lost at the same time. I think he's a guy that needs to start and play 30mpg to make an impact. I'm worried the staff isn't giving him a big enough green light and enough time to adapt.

dingaling

“There’s no better feeling than winning.” K.Powers
Reaction Score
I guess we can stop talking about going undefeated in conference play this year.

Reaction Score
I'm also sick of the "they wanted it more!" or "they had more toughness!" crap.

Every player on the floor was tough. Every player on the floor wanted to win. We just didn't play the right way TO win. That was a failure of preparation by the staff and players alike.

Onto the next one. The Big East isn't supposed to be easy.
If you didn’t see that one team was tougher than the other then your blind. It was also the things you said but they were definitely the tougher rougher team. It’s apart of the recipe to beat us this year. Make it a fight and we may fold. I don’t think it will happen ooc though.

Reaction Score
We are now 6-7 on the road the last two seasons.

That's really frustrating... esp in BE play. I've seen so many interviews with the players where location doesn't matter after what we've seen and been through. There is clearly is an issue away from home.

Reaction Score
Disappointed because I thought this team was too smart and experienced to play that bad. They lost at Seton Hall last season so I figured it couldn't happen again.

Very worried about Clingan. If he's out for the season then they are in big trouble. No depth at the 5 and Johnson looked like a newborn colt tonight. What was that?

Who thought the black uniforms were a good idea? I'm sure not Hurley. Surprised he didn't over rule that.

Reaction Score
Agree on everything but the toughness. It doesn’t mean our guys are soft. SH absolutely was tougher in the paint tonight. The guards went stronger to the rim. And Samson was completely outmatched on the glass

Fair enough. I call that strength or quickness or skill... just sort of depends on how you define it. A lot of guys saying we weren't "tough" in the chat ARE calling our players soft. that's the general point I was making.

Reaction Score
That's really frustrating... esp in BE play. I've seen so many interviews with the players where location doesn't matter after what we've seen and been through. There is clearly is an issue away from home.
But played like warriors @Kansas. I think the issue is something different. And it’s staring us all in the face. It just comes off sore loser ish to bring it up after we played so poorly so I won’t haha

Reaction Score
It’s not effort that’s such an over used phrase. Work smarter not harder.

Reaction Score
Without Clingan in the game we got embarrassed. With him on the floor we still lose. It it would be close tho. Our lack of athleticism with Cam and AK on the floor together was on full display against a super athletic team.

Felt like Holloway was prepared. They had Dawes sitting waiting for the switch. When we rolled to to the rim they made sure their hands were up to tip passes. Played us to perfection. Took Cam and AK out the game and forced Newton to beat them one on one. They did what Kansas did except Newtoncl could not rescue us tonight.

Reaction Score
Beat Gonzaga, Beat UNC, Beat Texas, Beat Indiana. Should have beat Kansas. We looked good in all of those games.

Big East is no joke. Marquette just lost to Providence. We will not win every game, it’s not reality to think we will.

Learn from the sloppy play and move on. Better bring our A game on Saturday against St. John’s. Pitino is going to have them ready to play.

Reaction Score
Hopefully we are in this part of last years schedule.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    18.3 KB · Views: 70
Reaction Score
Good news is the schedule, at least on paper, is not too bad for the next 3 weeks or so until Creighton on 1/17. Gives Clingan some time to heal if needed.

Reaction Score
clingan was playing amazing. I think he was due to carry us tonight. Injury looks very bad
We have no athleticism , Cam ,Newton , and Karaban are avg and it’s always shows.
-Danny has to have better athletes going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom