Seton Hall Post Game Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Spencer was worse against Kansas.
I don't know why Spencer played so much against Kansas when he was obviously hurt (it was aggravating and inexplicable) and I don't know why Spencer played so much last night against Hall when they were frankly making him their btich every time Spencer's man drove to the hoop. As bad as he was I'd rather Castle got manhandled so Castle could gain experience & step up down the road. I know how valuable Spencer has been and how well he moves the ball to facilitate the offense, but ...
1. Against the most athletic teams Spencer is a massive defensive liability. UConn can't play man if Spencer is guarding someone with strength & driving skills.
2. Against athletic/long defenses Spencer cannot create his own shot and actually does the opposite = dribbles into trouble, consistently.
3. Spencer is very possibly a different player on the road. Immediately lower the minutes and if he poops the bed on the road again consider making Spencer reverse CovidKryie & just plays him at home/neutral sites.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
“We all gotta own it. That was not reminiscent of a top team, that was a pretty embarrassing performance for all of us, myself first in line. Nobody played well. I coached bad, I prepared the team bad, our scout prep was bad. I think literally every player on the team minus Donovan offensively had a bad performance, and you have embarrassing losses like this on the road when that happens.”

The lack of preparedness and adjustment in-game felt like a regression to old Danny and not the new Championship Danny of last season. I am glad to see him acknowledge it here in the post-game and I'm sure he'll get this turned around. I didn't panic last January and I'm not going to now.

Honestly, I wasn't surprised by the loss - this and the St John's games feel like where we take some punches. I have faith the team will take the BE beatdown baptism and use it. Depth is more of a concern than I was expecting but we'll need to see how it shakes out especially with the nagging injuries.

What was up with Castle trying to inbound twice off SH players? Twice. I'm rooting for the kid but that should never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom