Seton Hall Post Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
nothing wrong w/losing just get a plan for the big east; the greatest title ever

Reaction Score
If you honestly think the refs are why we lost this game when we had 12 second half turnovers you don’t understand the sport of basketball
It also helps to be able to shoot and make point blank layups. Our non-shooting guards are too busy forcing passes. Our bigs can't make gimmies. How many field goals did we have in the second half???? Not many for sure.

Reaction Score
Our guard play is beyond pathetic. Let's see, they can't shoot, they can't drive or dribble, and they can't pass, they can't defend; other than that they are pretty good.
Sanogo is a complete and utter disaster for us. How many turnovers do we get trying to get him the ball? Then he gets the ball and turns it over, and shoots less than 50% from 6 ft or less for two pointers??
Lastly our coaches are complete idiots, not having Clingan in to rebound the putback at the end, was a reason to get fired. They have one guy , whose only talent is putbacks, and he beats us. A TOTAL JOKE OF A LOSS.

( Plus we have to listen to Donny Marshall)

Reaction Score
This sums up what I feel like right now:

Announcer: "UConn at 14-0 looks like the best team in the country despite their #2 ranking. Who CANT these boys beat?"

UConn: "Hold my Beer."

Another double digit lead implosion and UConn drops 5 of their last 6 games.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
How did we forget Jordan Hawkins existed for the first 17 minutes of the second half? Sanogo needs to look in the mirror. Getting completely outplayed by every big in the Big East

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
It also helps to be able to shoot and make point blank layups. Our non-shooting guards are too busy forcing passes. Our bigs can't make gimmies. How many field goals did we have in the second half???? Not many for sure.
Seven

Reaction Score
It was a replay of the St Johns game. Same combinations of players on the court - same crap man to man defense. Same crap offense in the half court - force feeding Sanogo who was horrendous in this game. Not playing a 2-3 zone vs this team (and St John's previously) was coaching malpractice. Am I wrong?

Reaction Score
They didn’t help. Look at the last play. That as blatant as an over the back as I have ever seen
Gesus, I hate gripes about calls or non calls, or refs or some other garbage.
We lost that game with sustained terrible play, not because some ref didn't toot his whistle. How about we stop worrying bout things we can't control, and focus on ending this freefall? The refs are not why we lost. Let it go.

Reaction Score
oh so he didn't help with the gameplan? he didn't put the roster together? he doesn't lead practices? he doesn't manage the locker room? the only thing that matters is the in-game coaching. ok, buddy
You think during the game Luke Murray is thinking to himself with 3 minutes left in a one possession game… “what did Hurley plan for here?”

Luke was responsible for subs, Luke was responsible for defensive scheme changes. Luke was responsible for keeping Diarra on the bench too much tonight, and Clingan on the bench for the final defensive possession.

Hurley is responsible for the team, but not for the outcome tonight.

Reaction Score
Mentally weak team. Playing not to lose. No lead dog. Hard to watch.
It seems to be a mental issue in that they just will themselves to lose. It’s not total lack of talent but th3y sure as hell play that way.

Reaction Score
Tough to win without a true point guard. Need someone who can handle the ball, distribute and occasionally drive north -south.
The 2 bigs got pretty good inside position - but very few entry passes.

Reaction Score
It’s a chore for the guards to free themselves up. Getting the ball across half court is nerve wracking to watch. It seems like everyone easily locks us down. It also seems like we are getting bumped and jostled with no fouls being called. Probably the homer in me but it’s aggravating!

Reaction Score
This will happen for as long as Hurley is operating his culture at this program.

It’s clear.

Someone on this board could have taken us out of the rut KO left us in. There are still decent basketball players who would come to UConn at the drop of a hat. That happened. Things got better.

However- Danny’s culture works for a grand total of a month. Then wears kids out.
That’s what I said elsewhere. There are 50 guys who could have gotten us to where we are today. Well better than we are right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom