Seton Hall Post Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
It also helps to be able to shoot and make point blank layups. Our non-shooting guards are too busy forcing passes. Our bigs can't make gimmies. How many field goals did we have in the second half???? Not many for sure.
Thats exactly it. When you turn it over 12 times, your bigs forget how to control the paint on both ends, you cant hit a gimmie, your conference player of the year refuses to dunk, you have your best scorer taking an abysmal deep 3 while up a possession, you dont have Clingan in to grab the most important rebound of the game, Sanogo refuses to foul up 1 with 5 seconds to play and allows a guy to get a layup….

But yeah the refs are the reason we lost. People need to look in the mirror and realize this team is underperforming in every aspect of the game. If you dont think thats the issue then nothing can be said to prove you wrong. We let every opponent play the style they want and we have not proven we have one iota of heart in the last 3 weeks

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
I think the team managers can put away the Big East trophy poster

Reaction Score
This season is just about over. Sanogo cannot get a rebound to save his life. Unbelievable
I will bet my house he will never play in the NBA Has anybody Weber seen a guy with his size and strength never dunking the ball??
He is so soft and nobody on defense ever worries about him anymore

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Another first round NCAA exit this year and things could get pretty interesting around these parts. That said, if UConn can channel its PK85 identity, they could head to the Final Four. If not, they could head to the NIT. Let's see which one they go with.

Reaction Score
The coaches still feel like we don’t need to change anything. Someone tell me what AJ does for this team? He rebounds sometimes. He is not the passer every says he is. Cant defend anyone yet I keep hearing he can defend 4 positions. He can’t shoot or drive. He is a negative
Jackson is also a liability as an outside shooter.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This Is Fine GIF by 100% Soft

Reaction Score
I will bet my house he will never play in the NBA Has anybody Weber seen a guy with his size and strength never dunking the ball??
He is so soft and nobody on defense ever worries about him anymore
Can’t block a shot
Can’t pass
Can’t hold onto the ball
But the team is lost and that’s on Hurley

Reaction Score
It’s a chore for the guards to free themselves up. Getting the ball across half court is nerve wracking to watch. It seems like everyone easily locks us down. It also seems like we are getting bumped and jostled with no fouls being called. Probably the homer in me but it’s aggravating!
This 1000x

However, we don’t deserve fouls if we can’t get past the defender or keep the ball on a string. Body Fouls start being called as sloppy play real quick when it’s evident you can’t hold onto the ball.

Reaction Score
I’m not trying to pick on anyone or beat a dead horse….but our starting point guard needed to back his way over half court tonight.

One of the truly great coaching mysteries in the last 5 years is the failure of Hurley to bring in a true point guard. We’re taking about a guy who should know a thing or two about the position. And he’s 0-UConn. Mind boggling.

Reaction Score
You think during the game Luke Murray is thinking to himself with 3 minutes left in a one possession game… “what did Hurley plan for here?”

Luke was responsible for subs, Luke was responsible for defensive scheme changes. Luke was responsible for keeping Diarra on the bench too much tonight, and Clingan on the bench for the final defensive possession.

Hurley is responsible for the team, but not for the outcome tonight.
delusional. he's responsible for everything that happens with the program. He is the head coach. it's quite literally his responsibility.

Reaction Score
delusional. he's responsible for everything that happens with the program. He is the head coach. it's quite literally his responsibility.
Responsibility does not always equal blame

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
This is just a choke team, but there is a giant asterisk at the play where Newton should have gotten an and-1 and instead was called for one of the worst charges I've ever seen, a call that probably goes against no other team but us.

We would have been up 7-8 with 8 minutes left and all the momentum.
Yeah that totally sucked. Exactly what we've been wanting Newton to do, and he did it. And got screwed on that call.

Reaction Score
The past 2 games we’ve had EIGHT or NINE turnovers from stepping out of bounds. Those are crucial unforced errors and need to stop immediately. I believe we had fight tonight.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Has Alleyne given up? Another no show performance.
Hasn't contributed much since conference play started. Had one sweet assist tonight, but damn, coaches should make the guy pay a fine every time he attempts a three.

Reaction Score
It’s like they are over compensating for last year when they didn’t play people enough. Now they are playing too many people who don’t deserve minutes. Newton is too methodical for this team. He doesn’t get we are most dangerous in transition. Alleyne should be behind Romoglou. Diarra should only come in when we need a stop. Joey isn’t getting enough minutes. We need him and Hawkins to be on the court together as much as possible. The only way he is going to get out of the slump is by shooting more in live action. By getting him going, that frees up Hawkins.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom