Secret Scrimmage v Harvard | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Secret Scrimmage v Harvard

Reaction Score
Anyone want to opine who the front court leading scorer and/or rebounder will be? I’m going with Whaley (boards) and Carlton (points).

Reaction Score
A blow out doesn't help us at all - hope the coaches shape the game in a way that it is close and competitive.

Reaction Score
A blow out doesn't help us at all - hope the coaches shape the game in a way that it is close and competitive.
Let KO coach the team. Then it will be close. Hell, we may lose.

Reaction Score
Story from the sixties....In 1964 UConn with Toby, Bialoksunia, Penders, et al held a closed scrimmage with the Jimmy Walker led PC team. Big deal at the time. Anyway I showed up to hang around and try to get in to no avail. On the other hand, one assistant football coach named Lou Holtz was manning one of the entrances which was chained shut, but could be partially opened. Gentleman Lou allowed me to open the doors as much as possible and peer through the doors to watch the game as best as I could. Pretty competitive game as best as I could tell—-Toby, Wes and Holloway (I think) vs Walker, Riordan and Westbrook.
No matter how much I grew to dislike Holtz, I will always have warm memories of a kinder, gentler, 20-something Holtz.
Don’t know if this appeared . Here is hoping.

Reaction Score
Not sure why anyone is talking about a blow-out. Harvard is a very good team, could be top 40 nationally. This game is about working on stuff, even with a modified and limited game plan. In this case, the focus will be executing the new defensive approach.

Reaction Score
A blowout is always good for morale.

Probably not if you are on the receiving end, nobody wants the Huskies to have a successful season than do I but finding their way at first could be difficult, new chef, some new ingredients, etc.

Reaction Score
No. We need to to beat teams we’re supposed to beat and beat them badly

Ok, but this is not one of those games? Harvard is ranked higher than UConn by most pre-season metrics. Don’t get fooled by the conference. I’m more interested in how the coaching staff later references things they saw in these exhibitions/scrimmages.

Reaction Score
I was there ... I'd tell you all about it but I'd have to kill ya

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom