Secret Scrimmage v Harvard | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Secret Scrimmage v Harvard

Reaction Score
Is this confirmed? I don't see anything on Twitter with a score/stats

Reaction Score
I think Caronimo is plugged in. I think the outcome was predictable and I'm sure the reaction will be predictable.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't really surprise me if they lost to Harvard. Harvard is a pretty good team. UConn is trying to install new offenses and defenses with a new coach and trying to work in some new players (I count Gilbert in here) to see what they have. This is a preseason game scripted for that type of stuff. No need to panic.

Did anyone think they were coming out of the gate looking like gangbusters anyway? We'll see what they look like on November 8.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't really surprise me if they lost to Harvard. Harvard is a pretty good team. UConn is trying to install new offenses and defenses with a new coach and trying to work in some new players (I count Gilbert in here) to see what they have. This is a preseason game scripted for that type of stuff. No need to panic.

Did anyone think they were coming out of the gate looking like gangbusters anyway? We'll see what they look like on November 8.
Yeah, I'm with you. Would have loved to see a win, but I don't think a loss here is cause for much concern. I'm glad that Hurley scheduled a low-pressure early season test for this team. Now they know what needs work and can get ready for the regular season to start.

Reaction Score

Our 1999 team almost lost to Marathon Oil.

Syracuse lost to a D3 school one year, I think, and went on to play in the Final Four.

Nothing here should be either encouraging or discouraging.

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score
Our 1999 team almost lost to Marathon Oil.

Syracuse lost to a D3 school one year, I think, and went on to play in the Final Four.

Nothing here should be either encouraging or discouraging.
I appreciate the reminder of what pre-season first scrimmages are for...I know better but I was already in my room under my covers sobbing :). There is little doubt that Hurley was playing everyone and looking to learn about his team not being only focused on a win. No sarcasm here, just gratitude. Rome wasn't built in a day; a watched pot never boils; to be a rock and not roll!

Reaction Score
The people who will see a lot of time haven't played with the same 5 or different 5's they need to get to know each other. This early on the fact Harvard already played one of these is an advantage. Relax all will be fine.

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score
It’s a secret scrimmage, which means by NCAA rules, Chief00 is not suppose to watch.
Yes Chief, but we expect some complex, yet revealing metaphors (to those who have learned the secrets of Chief's language) about the scrimmage to be coming soon!

Reaction Score
Weird we haven’t heard much yet. Took about 5 minutes after Nebraska’s to see a box score and full write up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom