Secret Scrimmage v Harvard | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Secret Scrimmage v Harvard

Reaction Score
I am convinced that we are going to find out that AG is the most talented player and the leader by conference play....

Or by conference play it will become apparent that AG and Jalen are the best backcourt combo in the country. As super talented as AG is (and I am very high on him), Hurley continues to say Jalen is the most talented player on the team (and repeated this even after the scrimmage).

We should all be excited about AG-Jalen combo, those two alone should win us a lot of games.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I have a reliable source that told me the final score was 85-76. Gilbert and CV played well and the ball movement on offense was much improved from last year. Outside of Cobb, the front court didn't play too well, but overall, the team looked good for a late October scrimmage.
Welcome David!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
With all due respect, you suggesting that someone else seek therapy is quite ironic.

That poster is clearly unstable and was overemotionally yelling his head off all weekend. I call things as I see them.

Reaction Score
I spoke too soon. Cobb with 14 is a big step up. If he can become a factor at the 4 spot, then we can slide Polley over to the 3, and play AG and Jalen at guard. Won’t have to go with a three guard starring lineup, CV comes off the bench.
Only problem with this is it seems like CV is a better defender & rebounder than Polley. I would hate to go with length at the 3 because it’s just the more “traditional” approach.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So I feel like the BY started calling this the "Secret Scrimage" and now everybody, including Hurley is. Or was that always a thing?

Reaction Score
So I feel like the BY started calling this the "Secret Scrimage" and now everybody, including Hurley is. Or was that always a thing?

Always a thing. But Calhoun/Ollie liked 2 exhibitions instead of the scrimmages so we never did it.

They changed the rules recently to allow boxscores to leak out, so now it's more analyzed than before.

Boneyard definitely did not coin the term. Here's a CBSSports article from 2012 talking about them:
Secret Scrimmage List: Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone!!!

Reaction Score
Or by conference play it will become apparent that AG and Jalen are the best backcourt combo in the country. As super talented as AG is (and I am very high on him), Hurley continues to say Jalen is the most talented player on the team (and repeated this even after the scrimmage).

We should all be excited about AG-Jalen combo, those two alone should win us a lot of games.
With those 2 operating together we have to have a competitive team though I'm unwilling to talk about tournament or wins/losses. Any kind of front court and we would be dangerous.

Reaction Score
Yeah I mean - backcourt looks good; some serviceable pieces at wing, front court is a mess.

So pretty much exactly what everyone's been saying.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Well, this being the second year in a row he's had a stupid preseason incident that demonstrated horrific leadership for a team desperately in need of it, the criticism seems warranted, no?
Your assignment is to use "stupid," "horrific," and "desperately" in the same sentence, and bring it home by challenging others to disagree with your conclusion.
Fair enough, and, "No."
I don't know enough to believe your quoted words are "warranted."

Reaction Score
Yeah I mean - backcourt looks good; some serviceable pieces at wing, front court is a mess.

So pretty much exactly what everyone's been saying.

If it helps you should see Nebraska's front court. Our only true Center is a walk-on, otherwise we have to play a new level of small ball with Isaiah Roby at Center. We would take Carlton, Cobb, Whaley in a HEART BEAT

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom