SC versus UConn — So, how worried are you? | The Boneyard

SC versus UConn — So, how worried are you?

How worried are you about the Huskies v. Roosters?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Like Kia Nurse said the other, we are pretty confident in what our girls can do. Not worried one bit. We come out and be the aggressor. Hit fast. Hit Hard. And Keep on hitting. We got this. UConn, baby. Bleed Blue 4 Life!!

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Like Kia Nurse said the other, we are pretty confident in what our girls can do. Not worried one bit. We come out and be the aggressor. Hit fast. Hit Hard. And Keep on hitting. We got this. UConn, baby. Bleed Blue 4 Life!!

All good, but that’s what I thought before last year’s game with MSU. Still can’t believe that UConn lost that game.

Reaction Score
A'ja has never beaten us. Dawn has never beaten us. We have always beaten them - convincingly. We beat them by 25 last month. Z didn't play well - she is playing much better now. We are on a mission - to take back our rightful place as national champions. A'ja is on a mission - "to enjoy her college career." UConn will be in Columbus next weekend.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
This year is totally different from last year. No 111 game winning streak and no HBO cameras following them around. They will be focused and play a great game.
I didn't know those things bothered them last season...

Reaction Score
The UCONN WBB team was ripe for a fall sometime during the 2016-2017 season! It could have come during that horrendous OOC schedule Geno setup or as it did at the semi's in the Final 4! There wasn't an "if" but a "when", IMHO they even should have won the Miss St. game as lousy as they played! Missing free throws, layups, etc. hitting 4 free throws in regulation and they don't have to go to OT! Miss St. as good as they played didn't win the game UCONN lost it! They had more chances and turned those chances into misses!
With the history of that loss stenciled on their brains and the addition of Azura as a alternative offensive and defensive threat the team won't make the same mistakes if they face Miss St. again!
SoCar can't score enough points to beat UCONN and their defense can't stop UCONN from scoring 75+ points!
UCONN has already beaten ND and L'ville this season and Oregon is still too young to beat the Huskies at the FF if they get that far!
UCONN has to play like UCONN and they will have #12!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn always matches up very well against teams that are over reliant on one player. However, I have come around to the notion that Wilson is the best player in the country, at least at this point in time, so that does give me some pause. I voted Pretty Confident.

Reaction Score
I voted somewhat worried, a loss can happen. I can’t get over last year. This year’s team has quarters where we’re incredible and others, not so great. Yes we’re 34-0. And if we play our A or B+ game we win...no matter how SC plays. But stuff can happen. How healthy is Danger? Gabby’s hip. Z didn’t look good against Buffalo. I expect us to win, but a bit worried.

Reaction Score
That being said, I will have my mojo martini chilled at tip off

Reaction Score
A'ja Wilson is a great player but if she played for UConn she wouldn't even be the best player on the team. I expect a good game but our defense gives me confidence.

Reaction Score
ESPN and others including many BY members sing the praises of A'ja Wilson as POY and a great WBB player!
IMHO forgetting positions, C, PF, SF, SG, and PG, A'ja doesn't even make my 10 top players!
Is A'ja Wilson a better player than:
Tina Charles
Maya Moore
Diana Taurasi
Sue Bird
Rebecca Lobo
Jenn Rizzotti
Swin Cash
Gabby Williams
Nykesha Sales
Breanna Stewart
And that's just UCONN players!
A'ja is a GOOD WBB player but has miles to go before becoming a GREAT WBB player! For all the talk of her greatness, how many times has she beaten UCONN, or even come close to beating UCONN? And you better bet the farm that A'ja knows deep down if UCONN made the finals last year she'd still be looking for a National Championship!
Katie Lou runs rings around her in all phases of the game but the "talking suits" before the season even started called A'ja the best and now can't admit they were wrong!

Reaction Score
Two Things:

In 2016, UCONN defeated Mississippi State by 60; in 2017.......

Second, I think we will win the game, but I am worried about someone getting hurt. I watched the second South Carolina - Missouri game, and I felt that Jennings and Cliney should have been penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct. I think that they play physical in a way that someone could get badly hurt. I think that Wilson and Harris are great players and I think their behavior on the court is exemplary, but I worry about Cliney in particular.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
When you depend solely on one player, that's never a good thing. South Carolina will have to depend on feeding the ball into the post players. This is where the road ends for them. UConn has too many weapons. In any given game, UConn has between 3-6 players scoring in double figures. Crystal and Azura didn't have a good game against South Carolina the last time UConn played them, but South Carolina can't afford to sleep on them. With Kia and Gabby leading the way, UConn is on a mission, and UConn will not be denied. This is March, and UConn is totally a different team.....they have shifted to another gear :). South Carolina isn't ready for what is about to hit them.

Reaction Score
I both think we will win and think that a loss is possible (so, both #6 and #3? the options are not well worded).

Yes, we beat them handily 6 weeks ago, completely dominated them for a half.

But, frankly, our offense has not looked great (save St. Francis) for several weeks now. We're getting nothing from Crystal, and Kia's shot has been hit or miss. Z is coming on, but most of that has been against lesser competition that doesn't challenge her physically.

At the end of the day, I think SC is too much of a one-man team to be considered likely to beat us, but we have been more "getting by" than "scorched earth" lately.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
If they couldn't beat us on their own home court, how are they going to do it on a virtual UCONN home court?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
A'ja has never beaten us. Dawn has never beaten us. We have always beaten them - convincingly. We beat them by 25 last month. Z didn't play well - she is playing much better now. We are on a mission - to take back our rightful place as national champions. A'ja is on a mission - "to enjoy her college career." UConn will be in Columbus next weekend.
Actually, Dawn did as a player in the Final Four in 1991.

Reaction Score
...Z didn’t look good against Buffalo.

Did I miss a game? When did we play Buffalo?

I'm a bit worried also because there is something going on I can't put my finger on. Katie Lou seems to have been relegated to floating beyond the arc as she did as a freshman. Her teammates aren't getting her the ball otherwise, aren't setting screens, and in general don't seem to be looking for her on offense. Kia never has, but now it appears as if the rest of the team doesn't want her to shine either. Could there be some jealousy involved? Lou had a horrible 3pt. shooting experience in the conference tournament. It cost her three (3) percentage points (49 to 46) and a drop from leading the nation to 4th place. However, as always, she did well in other aspects of her game. But since then her role has diminished and I wonder why? If this team is going to win it's 12th NC, they definitely need Katie Lou hitting on all cylinders.

Reaction Score
The keys for UConn tonight are:

1. Make jump shots- SC is likely to go big against as us (that is how they have played their best lately) to try and take away the paint.

2. Limit 2nd chance points- We have to be able to rebound against SC's bigger lineup

3. Look to run- Need to wear down the bigger SC players by forcing them into a track meet.

4. Play smart/ hope the officials are on their game- Hopefully the officials won't let SC commit murder in the paint and hopefully it won't be a foul by just looking at Wilson. NCAA wants this to be a close game.

Reaction Score
If they couldn't beat us on their own home court, how are they going to do it on a virtual UCONN home court?
Only if UConn has an off game. If our team plays the way they did against Duke, the game will be a lot closer than it should be.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
ESPN and others including many BY members sing the praises of A'ja Wilson as POY and a great WBB player!
IMHO forgetting positions, C, PF, SF, SG, and PG, A'ja doesn't even make my 10 top players!
Is A'ja Wilson a better player than:
Tina Charles
Maya Moore
Diana Taurasi
Sue Bird
Rebecca Lobo
Jenn Rizzotti
Swin Cash
Gabby Williams
Nykesha Sales
Breanna Stewart
And that's just UCONN players!
A'ja is a GOOD WBB player but has miles to go before becoming a GREAT WBB player! For all the talk of her greatness, how many times has she beaten UCONN, or even come close to beating UCONN? And you better bet the farm that A'ja knows deep down if UCONN made the finals last year she'd still be looking for a National Championship!
Katie Lou runs rings around her in all phases of the game but the "talking suits" before the season even started called A'ja the best and now can't admit they were wrong!
confused-e1372986731860.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom