SC Gamecocks off-season, Part 2 | Page 12 | The Boneyard

SC Gamecocks off-season, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reading between the lines:
  • Lay is going to be one of the better freshmen we've had in a long time, probably the best since AB.
  • Paopao is an offensive force to be reckoned with
  • Our offense could be better than last year's team once chemistry and roles are figured out.
  • The bigs are just as good as the guards at shooting 3-pointers
  • Defense is looking good but not as good as last year's team
  • No outright team leaders yet
  • We have some work to do to provide a consistent product day-in and day-out
  • Dawn is liking what she is seeing
  • Feagin and Kitts will see a significant increase in minutes

Did I miss anything?

Reaction Score
Do you all know Jesus- Gamecock Jesus that is… Superfan for all Carolina sporting activity. Has been sick a couple of yrs but back for 2023.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
sometimes when I post -the spelling is way off. Most times I am doing it from my iPhone.. My fingers just cant get the keyboards right on any of my handheld devices...

Reaction Score
Reading between the lines:
  • Lay is going to be one of the better freshmen we've had in a long time, probably the best since AB.
  • Paopao is an offensive force to be reckoned with
  • Our offense could be better than last year's team once chemistry and roles are figured out.
  • The bigs are just as good as the guards at shooting 3-pointers
  • Defense is looking good but not as good as last year's team
  • No outright team leaders yet
  • We have some work to do to provide a consistent product day-in and day-out
  • Dawn is liking what she is seeing
  • Feagin and Kitts will see a significant increase in minutes

Did I miss anything?
lol,Is this what you got from Coach DS interview?

Reaction Score
During Coach DS interview. Last 5 minutes. Take a 2nd look at the practice court opposite her right shoulder. #2 Ashlyn Watkins is practicing a dunk. Look closer and a player wearing #12 is also close on her Dunk. That player is Malaysia Fulwiley. .

Reaction Score
During Coach DS interview. Last 5 minutes. Take a 2nd look at the practice court opposite her right shoulder. #2 Ashlyn Watkins is practicing a dunk. Look closer and a player wearing #12 is also close on her Dunk. That player is Malaysia Fulwiley. .
Lay has tried to dunk during high school games. She can't quite jump high enough. The tip of her fingers can wrap around the rim but at minimum you need your wrist above the rim to dunk. Either way, that's a ridiculous vertical for a 5'10" player. She has a little over a 10' reach.

Reaction Score
Lay has tried to dunk during high school games. She can't quite jump high enough. The tip of her fingers can wrap around the rim but at minimum you need your wrist above the rim to dunk. Either way, that's a ridiculous vertical for a 5'10" player. She has a little over a 10' reach.
I think she is smaller than 5ft10
Barely 5ft7

Reaction Score
I think she is smaller than 5ft10
Barely 5ft7
She’s definitely 5’8” maybe 5’9”- 5’10” in shoes but she’s not small by any means. I’ve seen her play on numerous occasions.

Reaction Score
Lay’s about same height as Bueckers, just a tad shorter. I’ve posted this screenshot before from the YT vid Bueckers did about her for Overtime. Bueckers listed at 5’11.
IMG_5472.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With Fulwiley, It’s just like men’s roster height listings in the women’s game, always listed on the “upside” in basketball. Holmes from IU is listed as 6’3”, as an example. Standing next to my 6’3” cousin (a friend of her and her family) she is noticeably shorter than him. I don’t put much stock into listed heights for men or women, and in Holmes case what does it matter, she is one of the best post players in the country, maybe the best this season. For Fulwiley, it won’t matter if she is 5’7” or 5’9”ish, her game will do all the talking.

Reaction Score
fWith Fulwiley, It’s just like men’s roster height listings in the women’s game, always listed on the “upside” in basketball. Holmes from IU is listed as 6’3”, as an example. Standing next to my 6’3” cousin (a friend of her and her family) she is noticeably shorter than him. I don’t put much stock into listed heights for men or women, and in Holmes case what does it matter, she is one of the best post players in the country, maybe the best this season. For Fulwiley, it won’t matter if she is 5’7” or 5’9”ish, her game will do all the talking.
Milaysia is 5'10, She was listed as 5'7 as a 7th grader when she first hit hoopsgurlz and they never changed it as they have done with many players in the past. They have a history of never changing the height even as players naturally grow during high school unless it is specifically called to their attention. I probably seen her play 60 times and I know her high school coach who told me, even before she committed that she had been 5'9 to 5'10 since 10th grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom