SC Gamecocks off-season, Part 2 | Page 13 | The Boneyard

SC Gamecocks off-season, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just because I am anxious for the season to start. And have nothing else to do. Lol. I will contribute this photo to the Milaysia Fulwiley height debate -looks 5’10 here to me. Originally I said 5’7.

Attachments

• IMG_5940.jpeg
    IMG_5940.jpeg
    245.4 KB · Views: 171
Reaction Score
Milaysia is 5'10, She was listed as 5'7 as a 7th grader when she first hit hoopsgurlz and they never changed it as they have done with many players in the past. They have a history of never changing the height even as players naturally grow during high school unless it is specifically called to their attention. I probably seen her play 60 times and I know her high school coach who told me, even before she committed that she had been 5'9 to 5'10 since 10th grade.
Do we think this is Tac’s announcemnt about where she is going?

Attachments

• E87DFD86-2FC2-4FF6-BF61-3591E3C14428.png
    E87DFD86-2FC2-4FF6-BF61-3591E3C14428.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 170
Reaction Score
With Koval to ND. I never understood why we never got any traction with her.. Dawn and her Mom played for the Charlotte Sting. ...Koval never really considered us IMO.

Head scratcher that Shaq's daughter might not be goinf to LSU as everybody thought.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
With Koval to ND. I never understood why we never got any traction with her.. Dawn and her Mom played for the Charlotte Sting. ...Koval never really considered us IMO.

Head scratcher that Shaq's daughter might not be goinf to LSU as everybody thought.

Koval to ND felt like a no-brainer. But LSU made it interesting.

Reaction Score
Koval to ND felt like a no-brainer. But LSU made it interesting.
Those European players place great value on the academic side. I recall an interview this summer with the Athletic and Koval said the biggest driver in her recruitment was on the academic side. Seeing Stanford/ND in her finalist made sense, LSU/Miami not so much based on those comments but I get not passing up a visit to the national champions. I always thought Stanford/ND were a no brainer, plus the depth chart is much more favorable in the post at ND. Great fit for her IMO.

Anyone know the latest on Tac?

Joyce is visiting Stanford this weekend and then A&M and SC later this month.

Reaction Score
Not much to glean from her instagram. She doesn't follow any college players that I can tell but an Alabama coach follows her as well as Aliyah Matharu

Reaction Score
Not much to glean from her instagram. She doesn't follow any college players that I can tell but an Alabama coach follows her as well as Aliyah Matharu
Our assoc head coach Stephanie Norman is following her on IG. Don’t know if that is recent

Reaction Score
Those European players place great value on the academic side. I recall an interview this summer with the Athletic and Koval said the biggest driver in her recruitment was on the academic side. Seeing Stanford/ND in her finalist made sense, LSU/Miami not so much based on those comments but I get not passing up a visit to the national champions. I always thought Stanford/ND were a no brainer, plus the depth chart is much more favorable in the post at ND. Great fit for her IMO.

Miami has a very good academic reputation i thought?

Reaction Score

Tac update is in this thread/see Monday at 11:12pm i think.

Reaction Score
Yeah- last minute cash will do that.
They will eventually get investigated and probably inquire NCAA violations throwing around cash like that. Its obvious who the Utah coach was talking about earlier this summer.

Reaction Score
Miami has a very good academic reputation i thought?
ND/Stanford made the most sense of her background.

Stanford is ranked #3
ND is ranked #18
Miami is ranked #68 (still very respectable)

But much of this is subjective and also dependent on what you want to do. You may have some schools which they aren't known academically but have specific programs where are among the top nationally in their perspective fields.

Reaction Score
@Fowlball Coach Staley was over in Spain earlier this Summer to watch the U19 World Cup. Yeah she saw Joyce. Do you think she kick the tires on Fam?
I would love for Fam to be a Gamecock but I know other college coaches was there too. Plus coaches yo already followed Fam on Instagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom