Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
uniform_comp.jpg

Ar08TogCIAM6Zai.jpg

Reaction Score
XFL would be proud of those helmets.

They're not as hideous as some others, but not something I'd co sign either. I like RU's old uni's to be honest, especially their helmets.

Reaction Score
we need to ban Nike from producing uniforms...for any sport...when did Rutgers colors become scarlet and grey?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Alright, I'll say it. I like them, and I'd love to see some similar UConn designs. I've long been a fan of black as a 3rd uni for maybe 1 game a year.

Reaction Score
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2012/05/rutgers_unveils_new_nike_pro_c.html

"Wide receiver Mark Harrison modeled the all-white road uniforms, defensive tackle Scott Vallone wore the all-scarlet home uniforms and linebacker Khaseem Greene donned the all-black look, which will be used for a "blackout game" against Connecticut on Oct. 6."

Looks like we'll get their all black jerseys when we visit them this season. All UConn fans going should bring a "white-out"

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i'm not a fan of the stripe on the dome piece. i think a solid color with the R would look best. but besides that i think these are really good for ruty.
1-they have the home white ans away red and besides some lines and small changes these are fresh/new but not out of control and busy looking.
2-the black for 1 game is cool. we need to do it but for us black out everything and make the block c and #'s and lines our dark blue, would look cool...
3-i still think we need to put "uconn or connecticut" on our fronts. were not nd or psu. rutgers looks good.
4-the gray numbers are hit and miss with unis, they look fine here.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Why do they insist on 0.00000005 pt font rutgers on the front? only thing they should have changed, and they didn't.

Reaction Score
Whether we like it or not the trend for schools trying to establish themselves at the FBS level seems to be to incorporate designer uni's ... Not a bad idea...

Reaction Score
Whether we like it or not the trend for schools trying to establish themselves at the FBS level seems to be to incorporate designer uni's ... Not a bad idea...

You're not wrong. But, there's nothing wrong with bucking the trend every now and then.

If I ever see "#huskies" painted on the field at the Rent, I will not be held responsible for whatever happens to huskyfandan.

Reaction Score
Not a fan of the tiny numbers, but a decent look.

These Nike uni's are made for two things, improve the look (so/so with this attempt) and generate a little buzz/PR. Looks like they have succeeded with both.

I wish UConn would do something to spice things up with the uni's. I guess they wait uhntil they think it is truly a trend (i.e., all 119, or whatever the number is now, other schools do it before us).

Reaction Score
Don't even think about messing with our unis and helmets. They are fantastic just the way they are.

Reaction Score
Big fan of the uni and more importantly the recruits absolutely love this stuff! Oregon wouldn't be Oregon without the "Nike Effect". Expect alot more of this.

Reaction Score
we need to ban Nike from producing uniforms...for any sport...when did Rutgers colors become scarlet and grey?
couldn't disagree with you more. I love the swagg it gives a school. They can keep that all white Penn State uni and I will continue to hate it. Now the Under Armour MD state flag uni is horrible.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
couldn't disagree with you more. I love the swagg it gives a school. They can keep that all white Penn State uni and I will continue to hate it. Now the Under Armour MD state flag uni is horrible.
But you know what? I give MD credit for pushing the envelope. I think their fans would like em more if they won more than 2 games. :)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
You're not wrong. But, there's nothing wrong with bucking the trend every now and then.

If I ever see "#huskies" painted on the field at the Rent, I will not be held responsible for whatever happens to huskyfandan.

hey hey hey, relax. its #UConnGame. i think your missing the idea thats behind that really and why it would be great media but w/e i'm not gonna go into it.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
But you know what? I give MD credit for pushing the envelope. I think their fans would like em more if they won more than 2 games. :)

agree with this thought also. what it comes down to is they didn't execute the uniforms well at under armor.

Reaction Score
Not a fan of the tiny numbers, but a decent look.

These Nike uni's are made for two things, improve the look (so/so with this attempt) and generate a little buzz/PR. Looks like they have succeeded with both.

I wish UConn would do something to spice things up with the uni's. I guess they wait uhntil they think it is truly a trend (i.e., all 119, or whatever the number is now, other schools do it before us).
I think your wish will come true.

An unproductive Rutgers gets a chrome helmet? Wow. They will be wearing their black against us because we already have conference championships.

Reaction Score
Seems like chrome is cool so we should jump on the bandwagon? 1 game - maybe. I don't want to give up the block "C" permanently any time soon. It still looks tough to me and it'll look better when everybody else is in that indistinct chrome reflection. I'm not against looking at new ideas though. If Rutgers go with it I'd ditch the middle helmet altogether, but the black does look decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom