Roster moves | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Roster moves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
FWIW: Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but ......IF IF IF.......this player transfers out to another 1A program and sits out the required time, (not a 1-AA) he'll be the first player recruited to UCONN as a scholarship football player, that suited up and hit the field, with the team, and then decided that it wasn't the right fit, and wanted to play at another 1A program.

Take that for whatever you think it's worth. I'm curious to see where he ends up.

And again, I'm glad we've got players waiting in the wings. When was the last time we had overflow of division 1A athletes on our roster? Maybe it happened a lot in the past and I didn't pay attention. Who knows. Who cares.

Kickoff in 21 days.

Off the top of my head only one I can think of is Terrence Jeffers.

Reaction Score

I may be wrong but didn't he flunk out before he saw the field. Pretty sure, at the very least, he didn't finish.

Reaction Score
Storrs is dead in the summer. Some people just can't adjust. Good luck to him.

Reaction Score
I may be wrong but didn't he flunk out before he saw the field. Pretty sure, at the very least, he didn't finish.

I'm not 100% sure whether he ever played a down for Vandy, but I'm positive that he didn't finish.

Reaction Score
Never played. Sat out transfer year, then was academically ineligible.

Reaction Score

Forgot about him. Starting WR left the program for Vandy because he felt like the passing game wasn't getting him the ball enough. Every WR worth a salt, feels like they aren't getting the ball enough, but for UCONN in 2007? Uhh....never mind, let's not go here. Kickoff in 20 days and a few hours now. I'm jacked.

Reaction Score
You know what though? You are right for a change. I would. Oversigning is unethical and disgusting. Plain and simple.

you really are just a self righteous . wow. Maybe you were on vacation for the pages and pages of recruiting talk and discussion about building up relationships with prep schools, juco's and post secondary programs when recruiting for a 1A football program to have potential to compete at top 25 level of play based in the Northeast.

Perhaps you'd be happier, losing a top recruit, to being a typical 18 year old kid having trouble making a very tough life decision, and having a giant hole in the roster going forward. Perhaps you'd be happier having a top recruit get arrested on child charges and leave a giant hole in the roster. Perhaps you'd be happier with a player that's an upperclassman and ready to fill a key spot at RB, decide to leave school early and play at a division ii school, and leave a giant hole in the roster .....oh never mind. Attrition in your world must not be a part of football, and if it is, maybe it's catholic guilt or something, you think the program should pay for it on our knees.

There is a right way and a wrong way to go about business, and when you build relationships with prep schools, juco's, and post secondary programs in recruiting, and you are completely open and honest with your communication about what opportunities are available and how you go about earning a spot, and how decions are made, you can have a situation like we've got now, that's a win-win for everybody involved, and a guy leaves, and another guy comes in, without a hiccup.

Show me where a single person has been lied to, not been completely and totally aware and understanding of their situation.

Otherwise STFU.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
you really are just a self righteous . wow. Maybe you were on vacation for the pages and pages of recruiting talk and discussion about building up relationships with prep schools, juco's and post secondary programs when recruiting for a 1A football program to have potential to compete at top 25 level of play based in the Northeast.

Perhaps you'd be happier, losing a top recruit, to being a typical 18 year old kid having trouble making a very tough life decision, and having a giant hole in the roster going forward. Perhaps you'd be happier having a top recruit get arrested on child smut charges and leave a giant hole in the roster. Perhaps you'd be happier with a player that's an upperclassman and ready to fill a key spot at RB, decide to leave school early and play at a division ii school, and leave a giant hole in the roster .....oh never mind. Attrition in your world must not be a part of football, and if it is, maybe it's catholic guilt or something, you think the program should pay for it on our knees.

There is a right way and a wrong way to go about business, and when you build relationships with prep schools, juco's, and post secondary programs in recruiting, and you are completely open and honest with your communication about what opportunities are available and how you go about earning a spot, and how decions are made, you can have a situation like we've got now, that's a win-win for everybody involved, and a guy leaves, and another guy comes in, without a hiccup.

Show me where a single person has been lied to, not been completely and totally aware and understanding of their situation.

Otherwise STFU.

Listen Jacka**, I was talking about the practice in general across the sport. Someone with your wealth of college football knowledge shouldn't need me to spell out that issue for you.

Relationships with prep schools are important? You are on the cutting edge.
I know you think that your rudimentary explanations of simple concepts are valuable because you think UConn football fans are neophyte rubes - it's really just you being an arrogant bastard.

None us know what the staff tells recruits. Do you really need an example of a player who feels he was lied to? Since you were mouthing off in the Lagow threads I'll chalk it up to willful ignorance.

As for Robbie Frey - you might remember me blasting academic blowhards like upstater for weeks over the nonsense of not admitting him to grad school. Maybe the revisionist history is true but I doubt it.

I also was vocal about being willing to give Michael Dyer another shot. So maybe, just maybe I'm comfortable with what needs to be done to win and can still think oversigning is a disgusting practice.

And can you be more dramatic with the idea that CJ leaving is a giant hole in the roster? Oh a true freshman left at the team's deepest position. How can they ever recover?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Storrs is dead in the summer. Some people just can't adjust. Good luck to him.

He is from North Branford not exactly a summer hot spot.

I wish him well wherever he ends up "well almost anywhere".

Reaction Score
C J Marck played and started at Miami. Cox, the FB, ended up playing at GTech.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
He was born Aug 18 1994. Right about the time I was getting ready to move to the Jungle for freshman year! Damn I'm old.
August 18 1994? Just getting home from Captains' Practice. Just about to enter my senior year...In high school!!!!

Reaction Score
He is from North Branford not exactly a summer hot spot.

I wish him well wherever he ends up "well almost anywhere".

I have no idea if that played into it. But spend some time up there in the summer. It is so different than what it is like when the kids show up. Probably like that at other schools to but last time I was up there in the summer it just felt creepy.

Reaction Score
Probably realized how hard it would be cracking the two-deep this season. We are stacked at LB, and I think only one senior in the group.

Reaction Score
Probably realized how hard it would be cracking the two-deep this season. We are stacked at LB, and I think only one senior in the group.
If he stays local(ish) maybe Fordham , Stonybrook , PG

Reaction Score
I don't know but if I were betting here's what I would bet: He wants to play football. he wants to stay local. He wants to have a life outside of football. D2 schools can offer scholarships, I think 35-36, but D2 allows "equivalency" scholarships so you can give partials as long as you don't exceed 36 total, so it is possible he also got a scholarship of some sort to go to new haven.

Reaction Score
P mentioned he wasn't committed to what he had to do at UConn. Nothing wrong with that. The demands on a UNH football player are much less than at UConn. Some kids don't love the sport enough to treat it like a job. Best of luck to him, most of us would be lucky to have the talent to be able to make that choice even if it doesn't seem like the right choice from our perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom