Roster moves | The Boneyard

Roster moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Frosh LB Cory Jusudowich has decided to transfer

Wow. Wonder if the kid just expected to play right away, doesn't like the teammates or what.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
wow.....i wonder if this could utlimately lead to walsh getting a look at MLB at somepoint. and now there is a little more need for sylva.

Reaction Score
My guess is that we are clearly stacked deep at linebacker right now, and the kid thinks he's got a better shot at earning playing time from the get go, someplace else. Good luck to Mr. Jusudovich. There is always attrition during fall camps, for all kinds of reasons.

As for Boland - it's nice to have a players lined up waiting in the wings, that you can pull off the vine, when you need them. I kid you all not, just this morning, I was wondering about our depth on DL, as we've got some good players lined up, but might have a hole in the roster in the future, without another player or two deep on the chart, and things have kind of sorted out for now. A log jam position is lighter one player, and a position that could use another - got one.

ANother day of camp.

So let's go.

Reaction Score
Does this mean that he will have to sit out a year and count this as 1 year towards his eligibility, like Jarrell Miller several years back. To practice he would have had to enroll, no?

Reaction Score
Does this mean that he will have to sit out a year and count this as 1 year towards his eligibility, like Jarrell Miller several years back. To practice he would have had to enroll, no?

Would probably RS this year anyways - no?

Reaction Score
Wow, this does come as a surprise... good luck to him, better to find out now that it is not going to work out. In addition I am also surprised it is DT/OT Mike Boland coming in and not LB Chris Britton… the whole situation is very interesting… could Stapleton be moving over to LB now?

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller 2:22pm via TweetDeck
Freshman LB Cory Jasudowich discusses his reasons for leaving #UConn in email to Register Post original url/1cxVG2P

Thursday, August 08, 2013
Jasudowich addresses decision to transfer

Freshman linebacker Cory Jasudowich sent his thoughts regarding her decision to leave UConn in an email and figured I would pass on what he had to say.

"First, I would like to take this opportunity to thank UConn, Coach Pasqualoni and the coaching staff for giving me such a great opportunity. Unfortunately, after many sleepless nights and much soul searching, I have decided to leave UConn.

I have struggled with this decision for more than a month now. I have been on campus since June and unfortunately, it just didn’t feel like the right fit for me. I am nothing but grateful for such a wonderful opportunity, however, bottom line, I have to be 110% in it, not only physically, but mentally and emotionally as well. I cannot take a full scholarship away from another player who can be committed 110%. I want to be fair to everyone involved, the team, the coaches and myself. UConn has a great program with a great staff, but no matter how hard this decision is for me, I know I am making the right choice.

I am looking into other options at this point, and I am still very excited about my future. I still very much want to play football as well as get a great education, and I am lucky enough to have a few more choices at this time. I want to be the best I can be for myself, the college I go to and the football team I will be honored to play on."<<

Classy move...

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller 2:22pm via TweetDeck
Freshman LB Cory Jasudowich discusses his reasons for leaving #UConn in email to Register Post original url/1cxVG2P

Thursday, August 08, 2013
Jasudowich addresses decision to transfer

Freshman linebacker Cory Jasudowich sent his thoughts regarding her decision to leave UConn in an email and figured I would pass on what he had to say.

"First, I would like to take this opportunity to thank UConn, Coach Pasqualoni and the coaching staff for giving me such a great opportunity. Unfortunately, after many sleepless nights and much soul searching, I have decided to leave UConn.

I have struggled with this decision for more than a month now. I have been on campus since June and unfortunately, it just didn’t feel like the right fit for me. I am nothing but grateful for such a wonderful opportunity, however, bottom line, I have to be 110% in it, not only physically, but mentally and emotionally as well. I cannot take a full scholarship away from another player who can be committed 110%. I want to be fair to everyone involved, the team, the coaches and myself. UConn has a great program with a great staff, but no matter how hard this decision is for me, I know I am making the right choice.

I am looking into other options at this point, and I am still very excited about my future. I still very much want to play football as well as get a great education, and I am lucky enough to have a few more choices at this time. I want to be the best I can be for myself, the college I go to and the football team I will be honored to play on."<<

Classy move...
Was gonna say the same. Admitting you aren't 110% invested and you know there are players needing the scholarship who are takes a lot. Good for this kid seeing that. Wish him the best where ever he goes.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure he'll still be able to play this fall, if he gets through all the red tape fast enough. There's an exception rule that seems to fit this kid's profile, and I'd bet the farm he already has a pretty good idea of where he's going, or at least wants to go, and needs to just follow the red tape. He's practiced less than a week, and just made it very public that this has been a decision that he is not taking lightly, has spent significant amount time considering, and to my knowledge has not yet actually begun classes in a full time academic semester (not sure if enrolling freshmen take july/august summer school classes). NCAA doesn't like to give exceptions when players transfer once they've started their academics. Never know with NCAA reviews, but I think this is a case, that seems like he might be in another training camp very soon, and still be able to eligible this fall. Either way, good luck to Mr. Jusudowich.

Reaction Score
i wonder if staff put any restrictions on his transfer (no conference schools, no BC)

Reaction Score
i wonder if staff put any restrictions on his transfer (no conference schools, no BC)

Well, the old Big East rule was inter conference transfers were not allowed. I'd imagine that is still in place with the AAC. And, I also would guess that the BC door is not open.

Good luck to Cory.

pj

Reaction Score
Best of luck to Cory. Good for him that he was decisive enough to make this decision before school started.

Reaction Score

I think he would have to sit a year, perhaps this year and next.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure he'll still be able to play this fall, if he gets through all the red tape fast enough. There's an exception rule that seems to fit this kid's profile, and I'd bet the farm he already has a pretty good idea of where he's going, or at least wants to go, and needs to just follow the red tape. He's practiced less than a week, and just made it very public that this has been a decision that he is not taking lightly, has spent significant amount time considering, and to my knowledge has not yet actually begun classes in a full time academic semester (not sure if enrolling freshmen take july/august summer school classes). NCAA doesn't like to give exceptions when players transfer once they've started their academics. Never know with NCAA reviews, but I think this is a case, that seems like he might be in another training camp very soon, and still be able to eligible this fall. Either way, good luck to Mr. Jusudowich.

Which transfer exemption are you thinking about Carl?

Reaction Score
Which transfer exemption are you thinking about Carl?

FIrst off, I'm no NCAA rules expert or recruiting expert, I'm just a guy with an internet link. That said.

Depends on his status as far as enrollment in classes, how much (if any) financial aid has been awarded formally yet, and whether or not he signed an NLI. There is some wiggle room in the transfer rules, based on his profile if he's not formally enrolled in a full semester yet, accepted financial aid yet, and practiced under 2 weeks. If he's formally enrolled in fall classes, with a signed NLI, and has accepted financial aid formally - at this point - he's pretty limited in 1-A as to playing time. The signed NLI is the most significant issue though, and I'm pretty sure he signed one. As long as Manuel releases him (and I'd bet he already has - given the kid's public statement and already withdrawn from program) his options are going to be severely limited in division 1 based on the signed NLI, but he's got some room to at least appeal for an exception based on the other things. Other than that, it's sit out a year in 1A, or go to 1-AA and play now.

No matter - what - I wish the kid luck and success.

And more importantly, I'm pretty happy that we've built up a recruiting system, where if/when a kid like this decides it's not the right fit, (or whatever reason) we get attrition, there's another player that we're quite familiar - right to step into the roster without skipping a beat.

Reaction Score
Born a,month and a half after I graduated hs, reality check time.

Reaction Score
FWIW: Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but ......IF IF IF.......this player transfers out to another 1A program and sits out the required time, (not a 1-AA) he'll be the first player recruited to UCONN as a scholarship football player, that suited up and hit the field, with the team, and then decided that it wasn't the right fit, and wanted to play at another 1A program.

Take that for whatever you think it's worth. I'm curious to see where he ends up.

And again, I'm glad we've got players waiting in the wings. When was the last time we had overflow of division 1A athletes on our roster? Maybe it happened a lot in the past and I didn't pay attention. Who knows. Who cares.

Kickoff in 21 days.

Reaction Score
Wow. This is very surprising.
He decommitted from BCU, chose us, and is now leaving us.
i hope he finds what he wants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22