Root for the Rutgirls Thursday night? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Root for the Rutgirls Thursday night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Guys, Rutgers does not win stuff. They just don't. It's like darkness at night, fall to winter, hell....it's like gravity. It's just a fact of life. Rutgers does not win championships.

Reaction Score
Whether Louisville wins the BE will have no effect on conference realignment, so let's get that out of the way (if you think it does, spend 2 seconds analyzing the last half dozen moves and see how important conference championships are). You root for Louisville to win for two reasons. It makes our win over them look better, and means they're likely to be ranked at the end of the season. Also why would you root for the traitors to win the conference? Obviously we hope we're next out, but either way I want Louisville to win for the same reason I wanted Cuse to beat BC a decade ago when they were leaving, if they want to leave, they can be sent off with a loss. I don't want Rutgers taking the belt with them (I know they'll be here in 2013, but still). Plus wouldn't you rather Rutgers going to the B1G having never been to a BCS Bowl from the Big East?
Whether or not RU wins and goes to BCS bowl, they are already co-BE champs, so that goes with them to the B1G.

Reaction Score
Easy answer: Root for Jersey State....to get blasted by 50!!

I congratulate them for getting into the B1G, but i hate them now and I will hate them then. I will hate them even more when we join them in the B1G....

Reaction Score
It won't matter who wins on Thursday as the acc will likely vote for the 14th member by tomorrow. I think the ville will win the game on thrusday, bridgewater will play but it might cost the cards in the long run.

Reaction Score
Whether or not RU wins and goes to BCS bowl, they are already co-BE champs, so that goes with them to the B1G.

Nobody gives a crap about co-championships, it's all about being invited to the BCS bowl

Reaction Score
I'd rather the team we beat (Louisville) wins the Big East. Send Rutty off to the Big10 with a loss. I'd like Cincy to come into Saturday's game with everything to play for, play intensely, and still lose. No excuses.

Reaction Score
I think and hope that Butch Jones is more worried about getting his SEC coaching resume ready than putting a solid game plan together for uconn.

Reaction Score

BE Co-Championships in a year in which Temple replaced WVU on everyone's schedule should not count for anything.

Reaction Score
Oh, please....you guys rightfully gloated when you were co-champs a few years ago. And you'd trade places in a nanosecond whether it was Temple, WVU or Oshkosh State.

Reaction Score
Oh, please....you guys rightfully gloated when you were co-champs a few years ago. And you'd trade places in a nanosecond whether it was Temple, WVU or Oshkosh State.

nj, this is rutgers best shot ever to get to the bcs, if you guys dont get there, you guys will have no one to blame.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Can I root for a tie? Fark them both!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Definitely Rutgers. The posing by these Louisville schmucks has completely pissed me off. Their delusions of grandeur need to be stopped now and forever. Even after losing to us they need a big helping of humble pie. After Thursday, Pitino's boys need more of the same. I sure as hell hope their soccer team lost too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Guys, Rutgers does not win stuff. They just don't. It's like darkness at night, fall to winter, hell....it's like gravity. It's just a fact of life. Rutgers does not win championships.

Nice rant, but, uh, Rutgers has already clinched at least a Co-Big East Championship...even if Louisville wins, so your whole rant is a FAIL. We just win the Big East outright on Thursday with a win.... as oppossed to those shared ones you have in your trophy case.

But nice rant.

Reaction Score
Nobody gives a crap about co-championships, it's all about being invited to the BCS bowl

So are you saying no one, including yourself, care about your co-championship when you didn't go to the BCS game? Does it mean that it doesn't count...because people on this board sure crowed about the fact that UCONN has won two Big Eas Championships.

Pretty convenient you care about it when it's your team, but no one notices or cares when it's Rutgers.

Reaction Score
So are you saying no one, including yourself, care about your co-championship when you didn't go to the BCS game? Does it mean that it doesn't count...because people on this board sure crowed about the fact that UCONN has won two Big Eas Championships.

Pretty convenient you care about it when it's your team, but no one notices or cares when it's Rutgers.

We can crow about whatever we want to on OUR board.... Go back to your board and pop a bottle of Riunite to celebrate.

Reaction Score

Obsessed with UConn this guy. Obsessed.

Reaction Score

Big East CoChampionships are a dime a dozen. As often as not two or three teams win one. It's nice to have, but you and I both know the golden ring at the end of the season is a BCS bowl, not a cochampionship with a consolation trip to the Belk Bowl

Reaction Score

You strike me as looking like one of those miscreants from the Scout board who post pictures of your yearly RU circle jerk at that dive bar in NJ (sorry for the redundancy). A creepy cast of characters. If I saw any of you within 100 feet of a playground I'd probably call the cops.

Reaction Score
No, never root for Rutgers.

I like them right where they are, the athletic equivalent of Indiana with a losing basketball team.

Reaction Score
So hard to stay civil with (former) rivals. So I'll just sign off this thread with the news that the Empire State Bldg will be red on Thursday night in support of RU, as released in a press statement. Thanks for the memories.

Reaction Score
So hard to stay civil with (former) rivals. So I'll just sign off this thread with the news that the Empire State Bldg will be red on Thursday night in support of RU, as released in a press statement. Thanks for the memories.

Red This....

grandma3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member