Root for the Rutgirls Thursday night? | The Boneyard

Root for the Rutgirls Thursday night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not that it matters, but do we root for Rutgirls, as painful as that is, over Looserville since a NJ win means Cincy has less to play for on Saturday? With only 1 BE loss, Cincy can't even gain a share of the BE title.

Reaction Score
Plus it may shut up Clemsum and FSU crowd up about Ville being a "Football" school.

Reaction Score
Have to root for RU. They're already off the ship, so we aren't competing with them to land in another conference anymore. It gives Cincy less motivation when they play us as they will not have an opportunity to be conference champions. Any loss for UL helps wipe away their assertion that they are a football powerhouse.

Reaction Score
That's what I'll miss about this rivalry. It doesn't matter what's best for the team, its the irrefutable hatred of each other's team (and it really should be relegated to the fans, the players are just innocent bystanders in this hatred) that makes us root against each other no matter the consequences. Go right ahead and root for whoever you want, it makes no difference, RU is still going to the B1G (had to get that dig in, hehe).

Reaction Score
I'm rooting for the teams to have a bus accident on the way to the game. I don't' want anyone seriously hurt, but that would save me from having to figure out which of these teams I don't want to lose more.

You can make a case that Snooki losing is in our better long term interest, because Snooki going to a BCS bowl will make it harder for us to recruit against them in the tri-State area. How you balance that against Cincy being a little less motivated I don't know.

Reaction Score
If we get the ACC offer before Saturday then I root for Ville, otherwise I feel the need to root for Rutgers. On the other hand....

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Whoever wins is going to get blasted by FSU. You don't lose to Kent St and Syracuse and compete in a BCS bowl, just like you don't lose to Temple and Louisville.

If it's RU getting bombed, That's the Big Ten's problem.

Then again if it's Louisville, they get to live their own version of the Great Edsall Escape.

So, I'm good either way.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Whether Louisville wins the BE will have no effect on conference realignment, so let's get that out of the way (if you think it does, spend 2 seconds analyzing the last half dozen moves and see how important conference championships are). You root for Louisville to win for two reasons. It makes our win over them look better, and means they're likely to be ranked at the end of the season. Also why would you root for the traitors to win the conference? Obviously we hope we're next out, but either way I want Louisville to win for the same reason I wanted Cuse to beat BC a decade ago when they were leaving, if they want to leave, they can be sent off with a loss. I don't want Rutgers taking the belt with them (I know they'll be here in 2013, but still). Plus wouldn't you rather Rutgers going to the B1G having never been to a BCS Bowl from the Big East?

Reaction Score
Whoever wins is going to get blasted by FSU. You don't lose to Kent St and Syracuse and compete in a BCS bowl, just like you don't lose to Temple and Louisville.

Then again if it's Louisville, they get to live their own version of the Great Edsall Escape.

So, I'm good either way.

You think Strong goes to Arkansas or Auburn?

Reaction Score

So, I'm good either way.

You mean like who WVU lost to in '07 (Pitt and USF) before blowing out Oklahoma? Or who WVU lost to last year before blowing out Clemson?

Reaction Score
Rooting for Rutgers, would anyway. I think they win big, esp. if they're without Bridgewater. It'll shut up FSU (if they still even need to be shut up) and take Cinci's motivation away.

Reaction Score
You mean like who WVU lost to in '07 (Pitt and USF) before blowing out Oklahoma? Or who WVU lost to last year before blowing out Clemson?

Lest we forget that FSU also lost to NCST who just fired their coach.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
No.

Here is a complete list of the situations in which I would root for Rutgers in anything.......

And that's it

This. No. It's that simple. Root for Rutgers in a scenario where the upside is that our opponent may be flat for our game? What the hell has this world come to. I'd maybe root for Rutgers if they were playing Iran.

Reaction Score
Whether Louisville wins the BE will have no effect on conference realignment, so let's get that out of the way (if you think it does, spend 2 seconds analyzing the last half dozen moves and see how important conference championships are). You root for Louisville to win for two reasons. It makes our win over them look better, and means they're likely to be ranked at the end of the season. Also why would you root for the traitors to win the conference? Obviously we hope we're next out, but either way I want Louisville to win for the same reason I wanted Cuse to beat BC a decade ago when they were leaving, if they want to leave, they can be sent off with a loss. I don't want Rutgers taking the belt with them (I know they'll be here in 2013, but still). Plus wouldn't you rather Rutgers going to the B1G having never been to a BCS Bowl from the Big East?

Matt - exactly what I was thinking. RU got their B1G dream come true, now make sure they will never have a BCS Bowl game to crow about because they sure as hell are not getting one in the B1G! Go Lousyville, hope we didn't hurt Teddy too badly! I'll just have to live with a motivated Cincy team that would still have a shot at a share of the conference title on Saturday.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
If we're invited to the ACC before game time thursday then go Loiusville but if not then go Rutgirls simple as that

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Let Ville win but get stomped by 50+ in the BCS game.

Rutgirls

Reaction Score
Depends on where Ville goes...

Nah. Don't think that comes into play at all. He's an SEC guy. Grew up there. He's in line for an SEC job. Probably will have his pick between the 2. Tennessee may make a run at him as well.

Reaction Score
Nah. Don't think that comes into play at all. He's an SEC guy. Grew up there. He's in line for an SEC job. Probably will have his pick between the 2. Tennessee may make a run at him as well.

Maybe... but the longer the Ville is up in the air, the more likely he bolts. I think Jimbo bolts for Auburn.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
You think Strong goes to Arkansas or Auburn?

Not sure he goes to either. There are a ton of openings and more to come.

Personally, I think you have to be nuts to accept an SEC job that isn't one of the big 4. You're basically guaranteed to fired before your first recruiting class are seniors. Some of those schools like Auburn and Arkansas have very unrealistic expectations. Auburn should be giddy about 2010 for another.decade at least.

Reaction Score
I'm rooting for the teams to have a bus accident on the way to the game. I don't' want anyone seriously hurt, but that would save me from having to figure out which of these teams I don't want to lose more.

You can make a case that Snooki losing is in our better long term interest, because Snooki going to a BCS bowl will make it harder for us to recruit against them in the tri-State area. How you balance that against Cincy being a little less motivated I don't know.

Regardless of who wins, I hope that the game is legendary in its ugliness, with countless unforced turnovers, highlight-reel bloopers, and monumental ineptitude. Pretty much like our own offense.

Reaction Score
Regardless of who wins, I hope that the game is legendary in its ugliness, with countless unforced turnovers, highlight-reel bloopers, and monumental ineptitude. Pretty much like our own offense.

Right. Or, as we call it in UConn country, "gameday."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro