Robert Griffin III on the Rent | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Robert Griffin III on the Rent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just a reminder of what was...and what will be again in the (hopefully) not so distant future...

Reaction Score
If by "worship", you mean that I think he did a good job, then yes, I worship him.

Someone bumped this really, really, old thread and after reading the last page, I think the sarcasm wasn't laid on thick enough in my post.

Reaction Score
Jon Robinson: Another cool thing they have in the game is the atmosphere from the crowd, where they're cheering wildly for the home team, while making it tough on the road teams to call audibles with all the crowd noise. When you were at Baylor, what was the toughest place for you to play in terms of crowd noise?
Robert Griffin III: The thing that people think is when you go to these big stadiums and they have 80,000 people or 100,000 people, that these are the toughest stadiums to play at, but really, those aren't. When you have that many people, most of the time, the fans are pretty far away from the field. The toughest places to play are the ones that are jam-packed, are really tight to the field, and sit about 45,000 people. When we played at UConn my freshman year, that was the loudest place I've ever been as a football player. The stands are right next to the field, it was packed, and everyone was yelling. That was probably the coolest place for me to play at aside from Texas, Texas A&M, and Nebraska.
Robert Griffin III talks video games, draft - ESPN

Hope this makes it into UConn's B12 pitch today...

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If we played a B12 schedule, you'd be sure to hear more of this.

Reaction Score
It is my hope there is a video portion to the presentation and in that presentation we have the video highlights of the noise
RG III heard at that game (shown after the quoted words). Couldn't hurt to throw in the next year's highlights when we beat them again in their house.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
I remember the 04 Pitt game on a Wed or Thurs night in Oct. Crowd was so loud Their Qb and offense had about 3 or 4 Ill Procedure calls. Wild. We beat them too.!!!!!!!!

Was there and remember this as my loudest game at the Rent. Walt laid up at the end of the half with Palko, and the crowd forced back to back false starts in the 3rd quarter. Awesome night. Edsall's teams werent going to be greaqt, but the defense wa1s always damned good.

Reaction Score
We were always mediocre at best all around but my, how far we have fallen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom