Robert Griffin III on the Rent | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Robert Griffin III on the Rent

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
I'm not surprised by that statement. Our stadium is similar to Oregon's in the sense that it's not gigantic, but it's really loud. The Rutgers game this year was loud, despite our record.

Reaction Score
This will likely help is in season ticket sales. And maybe help get an invite to the B1G. :D

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

Love it! I have to admit that I love the "Three yards and a cloud of dust" philosophy that UConn perfected. I miss that patented Donald Brown stiffarm...beautiful!!

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
edsall

Or Pasqualoni (I don't think the percentage of pass plays changed a whole lot, perhaps more due to circumstances). I just like the big 320lb linemen smashing around the 230lb linebackers until they ask for mercy in the fourth quarter and your running back has gone for a buck twenty...

Reaction Score
The Rent is like Gampel and like the Civic Center.

The crowd is wild and into the game when the circumstances dictate the fans have a reason to be wild and into the game.

It's a little easier at the Rent with the tailgating, but generally, our fans react when the teams give us a reason to.

Reaction Score
I believe we also got props from the NASA pilot who was tailgating the country as well. He said uconn tailgating was as good and friendly as anywhere.
Personally my first visit to the rent I was impressed with the third down noise. I have been to Florida state game and saw uconn at Raymond James and we blew them away.

Reaction Score
Or Pasqualoni (I don't think the percentage of pass plays changed a whole lot, perhaps more due to circumstances). I just like the big 320lb linemen smashing around the 230lb linebackers until they ask for mercy in the fourth quarter and your running back has gone for a buck twenty...

haha i meant nothing by that, this thread had just gone on too long without the name drop

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
haha i meant nothing by that, this thread had just gone on too long without the name drop

Oh, I wasn't offended. I'm one of the "apologistas" that actually thinks Edsall did a good job here. I'm hoping Coach P can do a better job, but time will tell...

Reaction Score
Oh, I wasn't offended. I'm one of the "apologistas" that actually thinks Edsall did a good job here. I'm hoping Coach P can do a better job, but time will tell...

"good job"? admit it, you worship that duck!n idiot.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
"good job"? admit it, you worship that duck!n idiot.

If by "worship", you mean that I think he did a good job, then yes, I worship him.

Reaction Score
One of our recruits said they are going to put UConn on the map. Looks like we already are on the map.

As for all this Edsall talk...hey, we are 2-0 against him. The QB of our home squad in the Baylor game does have a Super Bowl ring with the Saints now. Life is surreal. Signature win.

I say appreciate Edsall's effort and move on.

Reaction Score
Wow, his quote is the best advertising we could get. Of all the great venues he could point to he picks one from his FRESHMAN year. Must have made quite an impression!
I have been vocal about how bush league our fanbase is at times due to being more interested in tailgating than cheering for their team, BUT I think this confirms something that we already seemed to have evidence of -- when the fans get loud in this stadium it really does make it very difficult on the visiting team. This is certainly an area we can build on since for the most part we only make consistent noise on third down. If we ever start turning it up on every defensive down we could really make this a chamber of horrors for opponents. Let's do it!! Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Wow, his quote is the best advertising we could get. Of all the great venues he could point to he picks one from his FRESHMAN year. Must have made quite an impression!

Susan Herbst is aware of it and is moving to use it in some fashion in our advertising. She called it "fabulous!"

Reaction Score
If Griffin becomes successful in the NFL, those two wins against Griffin will serve as a mythical championship.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Baylor beat writer at the time said the student section easily ranked with the best in the Big 12.

Reaction Score
We are uptrending, big-time. Bump. Might as well tack this thread at the top.

Reaction Score
I love what RGIII said, but let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet. We still need to get more fannies in our seats by kickoff. And, psst, have you heard our marching band Pre-Game?

Reaction Score
UConn has great crowds? Who are you going to believe, a Heisman Trophy winner who played there or a bunch of guys who watch games at home and bitch about the crowds ad nauseum?

Yeah... What he said!

Reaction Score
I don't recall RGIII saying that. I do recall the Texas press saying something like "look at the size of their offensive and defensive lines and then tell me that UConn is a basketball school."

The Baylor fans could not stop talking about how our lines handled theirs at the game in Waco. We ran into several groups of people after the game that couldn't believe how much we controlled the line of scrimmage.

Reaction Score
I love what RGIII said, but let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet. We still need to get more fannies in our seats by kickoff. And, psst, have you heard our marching band Pre-Game?

If we want to get ahead ourselves we will. Just try and stop us.

I heard they're going to have the Husky skip & walk for the spring game. They figure most people skip the walk anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom