Roberson and Marion likely out for season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Roberson and Marion likely out for season

Reaction Score
He doesn't have the extra gear Tyler Phommachanh has. Of course it is fair to wonder if Tyler Phommachanh still has the extra gear coming off the ACL.
If you read news articles it wasn’t just an ACL. It was also an LCL tear etc. Much bigger recovery than just an ACL.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Good thing they brought in 800 WRs. Ross and Marion really good players.

As far as QB, I don’t have an appetite for true frosh growing pains, but what you gonna do? Would like to see them work Millen in a bit.

Best performing guy should play and if that's not working out, like it was today. Rotate the next guy in. Sooner or later one of them has to figure out that if they limit mistakes they will stay on the field. I didn't see anything today that would earn Zion any extra consideration.

Reaction Score
Zion was falling all over the place every time he ran. He is not in Puma's league as a runner.

ZT was 12-31 passing today with a TD and two INTs. He might get better. But will he actually get good? At this point Puma has shown more.
He has a lot more arm strength than Puma. A lot of guys were slipping tonight, let's give him a couple games to get his bearings

Reaction Score
Zion was falling all over the place every time he ran. He is not in Puma's league as a runner.

ZT was 12-31 passing today with a TD and two INTs. He might get better. But will he actually get good? At this point Puma has shown more.

I agree, I like what I saw from Zion today but although he is mobile he is not a true dual threat QB like Tyler Phommachanh was last year.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
He has a lot more arm strength than Puma. A lot of guys were slipping tonight, let's give him a couple games to get his bearings
Again, I didn't see this. What I saw was a guy who made a lot of bad throws, wobbly on his feet and short on poise in the pocket. Circumstances what they were, it's not surprising but that was a long way from a starting QB performance. Objectively, it was awful.

Reaction Score

He was running like a baby deer on skates. He needs to find his footing figuratively and literally.

Reaction Score
BTW did Victor Rosa play today?

Now that we are officially thin at QB they probably should start giving him a wildcat package as a QB at least in practice.

Reaction Score
BTW did Victor Rosa play today?

Now that we are officially thin at QB they probably should start giving him a wildcat package as a QB at least in practice.
Didn't notice him. Millen worked as a wildcat QB for a handful of plays in the first quarter.

Reaction Score
It’s a lost season. You have to invest in your most talented QB, which is Turner. All in on 2023 from here on out.

How is it a lost season? and its highly debatable between Zion and a healthy Tyler Phommachanh as far as who has the most talent. Way too early to make a call there. Both are young and talented.

It's a shame what happened to TR. Can't catch a break. I'm sure he's heartbroken.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It’s a lost season. You have to invest in your most talented QB, which is Turner. All in on 2023 from here on out.
A lost season, after the first game where they had a chance to win if the refs didn't screw them on a third down pass interference against a team on the road who was favored by 27 points. Give me a break.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Shoulder injuries can be awful in that they take forever to heal. I have a torn rotator cuff and while it's so much better than it was it's 9 months later and I still can't bench press.
And building back the strength after takes time too.

This is a very tough break for those kids and the program. A big damper on an otherwise positive day.

Reaction Score
And building back the strength after takes time too.

This is a very tough break for those kids and the program. A big damper on an otherwise positive day.
Next man up, Mora will have way more guys ready to step up than the.previous coaches did.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
He was running like a baby deer on skates. He needs to find his footing figuratively and literally.
And getting cleats stuck in the artificial Turf. I presume our field this does not happen.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
This makes me so sad…. The potential of this season was so high for these two.
Bright spot, Ruelas. Tell me Exit4, this kid on scholly?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
A lost season, after the first game where they had a chance to win if the refs didn't screw them on a third down pass interference against a team on the road who was favored by 27 points. Give me a break.
We can be competitive if Turner is better than realistic expectations would dictate. I’m not saying the players should lay down, but we’ll be better off if we invest in the underclassmen now. We can still win 2-4 games.

But can we be real for a minute? We’re down our DC, starting QB, and best 2 receiving options, among other players. We’re in year 1 with a new HC. Can you really blame anyone if this ends up being a lost season with all that context?

Reaction Score
Wondering if Brewton could be moved to WR. Isn't he the fastest guy on the team? Could be a threat to take the top off the D if he can catch.

Reaction Score
I disagree: you play best player in go u think can win the game.

All these guys had 3 or more years left.

I can give turner some slack, tough spot, but he was 11-32 with 2 bad interceptions. They had a RB go for 190 yards rushing. This wasn’t on offensive line, which I thought was good.

I don’t know if Millen is a player, but ya gotta believe someone who was recruited to Oregon can throw the ball.

I know nothing and am trusting Mora and Charlton on this. But, he has to dramatically improve agaisnt ccsu. I am sure he won the No. 2 job straight up. So. He should get nod. But I don’t like the fact the next two guys weren’t here this spring. .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom