Reminder: Team USA game - 5:30 p.m. EDT on ESPN2 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Reminder: Team USA game - 5:30 p.m. EDT on ESPN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Whelan playing a lot of minutes in Sue's absence.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Yeah it's mostly timing for Nneka - she is good enough to be on the team and playing well enough this summer

Reaction Score
The problem for Nneka is the team is so incredibly deep and she is in her first NBA season. I think if it was next summer she might have made it.

disagree.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Oh, Angel..,. Lol

Looks like CP3 needs to get in there and try one! I bet she would make it....

Reaction Score
Yeah it's mostly timing for Nneka - she is good enough to be on the team and playing well enough this summer

She can play with the 4's that are on the court now. And I still think she is more versatile and athletic than Griner, so if Griner was asked and turned it down, Nneka should have been asked to try-out.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Plenty to work on. Plenty good for a first exhibition game. No problem with any of that.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Lin Dunn tweeted that but wouldn't say who she would take off the team to add Nneka. Don't forget Griner was supposed to be on the team which would have meant Ashja Jones wouldn't have made the team and neither would have Nneka. Not sure who I would have added, but I would prefer another guard on the team instead of either Swin, Ashja or Nneka. Team USA had depth in the front court and could use a lock down defender at guard as well as more quickness at that position.

Nneka would bring energy and emotion! Many wondering (and tweeting) why she isn't on the team.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
She can play with the 4's that are on the court now. And I still think she is more versatile and athletic than Griner, so if Griner was asked and turned it down, Nneka should have been asked to try-out.
Disagree

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

I don't agree with that logic as it pertains to assembling the team at the time it was being assembled

Reaction Score
With what? that with another year and experience that she probably would have made it?

disagree with waiting another yr, she is good enough to be on he team now.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I agree, but the depth and her lack of international experience worked against her.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
No she is not.. Her defense is still a question mark, and she has not even played a full WNBA season yet, so people have no idea how she could compete against the best players in the world.. The players on this roster have much more of a track record.

She should be part of the pool for the 2016 team and should have every opportunity to make the team.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
well, I'm not alone, by far. Many wondering why Nneka is not on the team.

I agree that with how she has played this summer, it's clear she is good enough to be on it. so is KL. So are a few others. But given what the committee had to work with when they were picking, it's not a "mistake" that she was left off. No one was talking about this year being the Nneka lottery but many were already talking about next year being the Griner lottery. She brings a few unique elements to the table that no one else does.

Reaction Score
I agree, but the depth and her lack of international experience worked against her.

hmm.

USA Basketball: Earned gold medal with USA Basketball World University Games Team in 2011 ... ranked second on the team in scoring (13.2 ppg), rebounding (5.7 rpg) and shooting percentage (65.3)... invited to USA Select Team camp in April 2010 ... won her second gold medal with USA Basketball as co-captain of the FIBA U19 World Championship Team in July, 2008 ... part of the USA Women's U18 National Team, which captured gold and MVP with a perfect 5-0 performance at the FIBA Americas Championship in Buenos Aires, Argentina, in July, 2008.

bottom line, she can PLAY.

Reaction Score
No she is not.. Her defense is still a question mark, and she has not even played a full WNBA season yet, so people have no idea how she could compete against the best players in the world.. The players on this roster have much more of a track record.

She should be part of the pool for the 2016 team and should have every opportunity to make the team.

the best in the word play in WNBA and she'll be ROY.
http://www.hoopfeed.com/content/201...ikes-impressive-trajectory-and-rookie-splash/

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
hmm.

USA Basketball: Earned gold medal with USA Basketball World University Games Team in 2011 ... ranked second on the team in scoring (13.2 ppg), rebounding (5.7 rpg) and shooting percentage (65.3)... invited to USA Select Team camp in April 2010 ... won her second gold medal with USA Basketball as co-captain of the FIBA U19 World Championship Team in July, 2008 ... part of the USA Women's U18 National Team, which captured gold and MVP with a perfect 5-0 performance at the FIBA Americas Championship in Buenos Aires, Argentina, in July, 2008.

bottom line, she can PLAY.
What all that proves is she is a good player against players her own age. Jury is out as to how good she is against the best in the world. Half of one WNBA season is not enough to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom