Reading Recruiting Tea Leaves | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Reading Recruiting Tea Leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
MAL is also college-eligible, as is Waters.
Neither of them make much sense though with Vital, Adams and Gilbert on board.

Honestly a front court addition makes the most sense, but I can't imagine who he'd be referring to if this is a real possibility.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Honestly a front court addition makes the most sense, but I can't imagine who he'd be referring to if this is a real possibility.

Are we still in on Andrew White?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Agree, though if the opportunity exists to get one or the other now instead of having to wait until next season, I see no downside in adding them.

Reaction Score
Mal is commited to going to Brewster next season he isn't reclassifying. The only guy this makes sense with would be hami as @Ricker noted . But I think Ollies quote might just him crackin a joke with reporters

Reaction Score
Pretty sure KO was making the same comments 2 years ago when they had scholarships open because some potential grad transfer options fell thru cuz of grades/admissions. I wouldn't read too much into it, as @James said, probably just cracking jokes.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Doesn't seem very likely at all, but would be a fun surprise. Hard to see Diallo starting if he did come this year, so maybe UConn would just have to keep him two years!

Reaction Score
If we end up getting Diallo, this class will be considered a success.

He's the guy Uconn is supposed to get, anyone else is gravy

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

this class is a success... diallo is in it

Reaction Score
Agree, though if the opportunity exists to get one or the other now instead of having to wait until next season, I see no downside in adding them.

No need for any early signees in the backcourt. I know the speculation would start on that quote from KO but maybe there's nothing at all, just conversation. Guess we'll see huh.

Reaction Score
Wondering if the Drummond comment was from KO or added by ostrout
From KO.

The Huskies currently have 11 scholarship players, meaning there are still two open slots. While it may seem a bit late in the game to add any new players, anything is possible.

“Anybody remember Andre Drummond, who just signed for $130 million?” Ollie quipped. “He signed (his national letter-of-intent), I think, the day after school started or something. So, it’s never too late. But we’re very concentrated on our team that we’ve got here, and I think that’ll probably stay intact. But you never know. You never know, and that’s as sincerely as I can answer that. But we do have some scholarships open. But it’s got to be the right fit. We’ve got a great team, and you don’t want to mess that culture up, and that bond they’ve already created.”

“But,” Ollie added, “if it’s a 7-footer that can run up and down the court, I’ll be happy to add him to the roster. We’ll work on that.”

Kevin Ollie has emotional experience coaching Team USA

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Sounds to me like nothing is happening and everyone assuming Diallo is coming this year is getting very far ahead of themselves. He's a one and done anyway, I'd rather have him in 2017 when he'll be a little bit better with his handle and shooting.

Reaction Score
At this time I would also like to make a prediction that we will receive a commit from someone at some point

You heard it here first...well second, but the one I'm predicting is a different one than whatever one chief is predicting.

I'll be sure to remind you all constantly that i predicted it when it happens

Reaction Score
At this time - no comment - other than will stand by my previous prediction.
...but I thought UConn couldn't land a recruit without Bunk?!?!

Looks like your fabrications are starting to contradict one another.

Reaction Score

I'm not sure I agree. We don't know if Vital is going to be able to give us anything day one. It's far from a guarantee that Gilbert will be any good as a freshman, plus, he seems to have had recurring shoulder problems that could crop up again. I wouldn't be shocked to see Purvis play the majority of his minutes - his high-leverage minutes, anyway - at the three. If it turns out that three of our best five are guards, you're looking at very little depth at that position.

Reaction Score

Gilbert + Durham + Jackson + Diarra + Vital + (Larrier) means this class is already a big success. We don't have the slam-dunk NBA prospect in there, but that might not be a bad thing if you can put together a core like 'Nova did in 2012/2013 where you have a class that is winning 30 games every year.

Reaction Score
Gilbert + Durham + Jackson + Diarra + Vital + (Larrier) means this class is already a big success. We don't have the slam-dunk NBA prospect in there, but that might not be a bad thing if you can put together a core like 'Nova did in 2012/2013 where you have a class that is winning 30 games every year.

Ahh, I was thinking 2017, my mistake

C

Chief00

...but I thought UConn couldn't land a recruit without Bunk?!?!

Looks like your fabrications are starting to contradict one another.

Not true on many levels. I have consistently said they would land a recruit "soon" in the same posts I talk up Bunk. You don't seem to understand the nuances of recruiting.
For you, probably best to just trust in Chief00 track record and KO now that he is back from Team USA.

Also, hearing Bunk may be taking a road trip soon!

C

Chief00

Shout out to my friend from NY - you are ready for next level - Trust yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom