RE2.0 Just won a press conference | Page 3 | The Boneyard

RE2.0 Just won a press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Awesome press conference! Is there any doubt that he is all in to right this ship? He put himself out there, very humbled. Now the hard begins to get UConn back to its winning ways. Welcome back, coach!!!
If he was all-in he would have remembered the AD's name.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I expect this to be the loudest, confusing to the outsider, cheer when we play Holy Cross.

"Beals returns the punt for 6 yards and the crowd erupts...?"

hilarious

Reaction Score
Caught the press conference (props to local news for actually covering it on TV - had no internet this AM). Thought Edsall hit a home run. I didn't expect him to apologize but he did right out of the gate, and got emotional talking about his former players & Jazz's #6 statue. Hope all that helped to finally mend fences and move forward. Best part was hearing him say UConn is the only place he'd want to coach if he ever went back to coaching again. Maybe his Maryland experience made him appreciate what he had here. Glad he got a rousing ovation after he spoke.

Welcome back, Coach!

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Davis is from LI. Awesome to see him make the trip down.

Wonder if he gets moved back to QB. saw he liked a tweet about being properly utilized now. newsome likef a tweet from someone saying that at least RE will know how to get him the damn ball lol

Reaction Score
It was a huge crowd at the press conference and everyone seems inspired. The dark ages are finally coming to an end.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Its nice to see a guy return a punt. Even if its just for 6 yards.

Anyone else see the irony in this:

EAST HARTFORD, Conn. -- UConn's Deshon Foxx returned a punt 72 yards for a touchdown and the Huskies held off Stony Brook 19-16 on Saturday to give Bob Diaco his first victory as a collegiate head coach.​

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I totally haven't forgot about that, and all the blocked FG attempts and the blocked extra points and..

Even still that's better than what we ever had.

At least if they were blocked they were legitimate FG attempts, not fake, fake FG attempts.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Nope. I'll be 50 this year and I regularly get stymied with names when the pressure is on. He's got 9 years on me. I give him a bye on this one. He didn't just forget the last name...he gave us Athletic Director Dave for life.

It's hard to remember someone's name when you just met them for the first time earlier this week. ;)

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
It's hard to remember someone's name when you just met them for the first time earlier this week. ;)
Yeah, for sure. Not such a bad thing. At least he got the first name right.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Or that he goes to different places....How can you mess up a shaved head??
Not a shaved head....closely cropped.
david+benedict+uconn+athletic+director.jpg

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Couple of comments as UCONNBILL and I sat together:

Randy is much wiser and felt the time off last year let him reflect on what the accomplishments were at UCONN, seeing Sio, Darius, Jordan, Byron, etc validated the work they all did.

Unlike Soon to be FHCBD, he said one word instead of 2 minutes to get to the same point.

Randy said everyone needs to help, it isn't just him.

Word is he is going to be more open offensively, so that would be much appreciated.

He didn't come in and promise the world, he hasn't seen any tape (which I would shutoff after 10 minutes and let the players show him in the spring) so he couldn't speak about the team as currently consituted.

In the beginning, Randy sounded a little like Lou Holtz with a more pronounced lisp than I remember. Either I got used to it quickly or maybe he had cotton mouth.

Finally, he showed more emotion than any time outside of the Jazz situation. I think he will connect with today's players better than last time around and that should help in recruiting.

I was excited when I heard he was back, now I feel even better about it. In Randy We Trust!!

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
I went today.
Took my 10 year old son who only knows what I told him of the great times.
He's only seen the failure of the past 6 years.

We both heard and felt the genuineness in the room.
Things are going to be okay again because it's his baby that he needs to make right.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Couple of comments as UCONNBILL and I sat together:

Randy is much wiser and felt the time off last year let him reflect on what the accomplishments were at UCONN, seeing Sio, Darius, Jordan, Byron, etc validated the work they all did.

Unlike Soon to be FHCBD, he said one word instead of 2 minutes to get to the same point.

Randy said everyone needs to help, it isn't just him.

Word is he is going to be more open offensively, so that would be much appreciated.

He didn't come in and promise the world, he hasn't seen any tape (which I would shutoff after 10 minutes and let the players show him in the spring) so he couldn't speak about the team as currently consituted.

In the beginning, Randy sounded a little like Lou Holtz with a more pronounced lisp than I remember. Either I got used to it quickly or maybe he had cotton mouth.

Finally, he showed more emotion than any time outside of the Jazz situation. I think he will connect with today's players better than last time around and that should help in recruiting.

I was excited when I heard he was back, now I feel even better about it. In Randy We Trust!!
I was also happy that he refrained from calling this his dream job, a dream come true or anything with the word 'dream' in it.

Reaction Score
i think everyone deserves a second chance, I feel confident with him at the helm, actually excited to see what he can do next season. He's certainly better than those last two idiotic coaches

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Just imagine if Edsall got up there and said this... "Thanks AD Dave, President Susan, and old man McHugh. Listen folks, I'm not gonna stand up here and tell you about cooking fishcakes, or equate our defense to Batman, or say latin BS, or how Energy Vampires are going to bring down our program. I'm here to fix this place and get us winning again. Period... Any questions? Oh, and by the way- THIS is my dream job!"

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Just imagine if Edsall got up there and said this... "Thanks AD Dave, President Susan, and old man McHugh. Listen folks, I'm not gonna stand up here and tell you about cooking fishcakes, or equate our defense to Batman, or say latin BS, or how Energy Vampires are going to bring down our program. I'm here to fix this place and get us winning again. Period... Any questions? Oh, and by the way- THIS is my dream job!"
Is that who the old guy was? What is his role with UCONN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom