Randy Edsall: “If you have to convince kids to be here, it ain’t going to work” | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Randy Edsall: “If you have to convince kids to be here, it ain’t going to work”

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Its not uncommon for a team that loses their previous year starting QB to search for their new starting QB at the beginning of a new season. It happens all the time. Practice is very different from the live game.

Sure. But Randy misplayed his hand badly this year. Mostly with his absurd statements.

Reaction Score
Sure. But Randy misplayed his hand badly this year. Mostly with his absurd statements.

I don't think so, saying he misplayed his hand badly suggests we could have won more games with a different starter. I highly doubt it.

Absurd statements? Saying Jack Zergiotis has "it"? What else do you got?

Reaction Score
1. HCRE2.0 in 2019 picked the transfer kid to start;
2. Kid gets hurt and HCRE2.0 skips 2nd string red shirt freshman to play 3rd string real freshman for 2nd game of season, names him QB with "IT" and future starter (so if stays will be 4 year starter minus 1 game);
3. "IT" QB plays like "$$IT" and gets replaced by former (and current) 2nd string red shirt freshman; 2nd string guy plays ok, gets named future starter (seems like kiss of death) and before HCRE2.0 can put down the mike learn that 2nd string kid has been injured and out 6-8 weeks.
4. Back to "IT" with first game starter now back up and later in season red shirt freshman gets a few plays in.
5. HCRE2.0 mentions/implies the NCST transfer may be the "real deal", will have to wait and see as was hurt in 2019.
6. HCRE2.0 mentions/implies new freshman QB may be the "real deal".

Palatine would be more likely to pick the right starting QB than HCRE2.0.

Point of any of this? Would you have been happier if every time injury or decision forced a QB change the head coach didn't voice confidence in the new guy, but instead said "I'm really nervous about this decision. This guy may not be ready and if he does anything wrong I'll have to pull him." Of course not.

We sucked. Therefor, some of you feel the need to criticize words that you're nuts for relying on in the irst place. Coaches say what they want to say for various reason. (See, e.g., Calhoun, Jim, talking about Ajou Ajou Deng.) Simple solution -- don't pay attention to it. They make statements for their own purposes -- not to communicate the truth. Like politicians.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I don't think so, saying he misplayed his hand badly suggests we could have won more games with a different starter. I highly doubt it.

Absurd statements? Saying Jack Zergiotis has "it"? What else do you got?

Anointing Jack Zergiotis the long term starter then watching him be awful and replacing him with Steven Krajewski. Then saying the same about Steven Krajewski only to find he’s injured. He looked like a moron doing that. Like a guy who has no idea what his own players can do. It’s not confidence inspiring for the players or fans.
Nobody played like the long term answer last year.

Reaction Score
Anointing Jack Zergiotis the long term starter then watching him be awful and replacing him with Steven Krajewski. Then saying the same about Steven Krajewski only to find he’s injured. He looked like a moron doing that. Like a guy who has no idea what his own players can do. It’s not confidence inspiring for the players or fans.

Except this board was also effusive in its praise of Jack Zergiotis following the Illinois game. He did look like the starter for the next three years and not for nothing there is a decent chance he will be the starter the next three years. I would not be surprised at all if he is on an NFL roster in 4 years, he has the physical talent.

Reaction Score
You do realize we have a QB coach don't you?

Moyseenko was a QB at Maryland so he might know a thing or two. Jack Zergiotis showed month to month improvement in year one as a true freshman so I think its safe to assume he was successfully "coached up". BTW in case you forgot Randy was a QB at Syracuse.

Yes, but see, Edsall sucks so therefor absolutely every little thing being done by Edsall and the staff must by definition be wrong. Haven't the anti--Edsallistas made that clear?

Reaction Score

Seriously? Which of his absurd statements led to a pick 6? Which of his absurd statements led to Jack Zergiotis taking an absurd sack when he had no one open and all day to throw it away?

Reaction Score

Don't fully agree. Was Jack Zergiotis ready to be the long term answer last year out of the box? No. Did he show the potential that he very well might be the long term answer over his career here? Heck yes.

Reaction Score
Funny how the same people who say Edsall is always blaming the players and saying they aren't good enough then mock him all year for saying something positive about one of them.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Don't fully agree. Was Jack Zergiotis ready to be the long term answer last year out of the box? No. Did he show the potential that he very well might be the long term answer over his career here? Heck yes.

I liked his improvement. But he sure didn’t look that way when Randy said it or shortly after. It was a competition and will be next year and should be every year. I’m not saying he cost us games, just that he sent the wrong message, multiple times. I’m not a Randy basher or defender.

Jack Zergiotis was good vs Illinois -> Randy anoints him
Terrible vs IU and Steven Krajewski finished game
Jack Zergiotis terrible to start vs UCF, Steven Krajewski comes in and plays well -> Randy anoints him but he’s injured
Beaudry starts vs USF showing just how bad Jack Zergiotis was in the prior two games
Beaudry bad vs Tulane and Jack Zergiotis gets job back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc