Rahsool Diggins | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Rahsool Diggins

Reaction Score
The clowns on this board who will pump up Diggins after that game and put down gaffney at the same time are just clueless. Diggings is good - for a freshman. No, he would not have solved our problems in the Bahamas. No, he’s not better than Gaffney right now. Move beyond the backup qb syndrome and hyping potential over results, good God
But isn't every backup better than a struggling starter?

Reaction Score
Gaffney is the new Taliek of the Boneyard. Can’t wait until he’s a major piece to help us bring home #5 so all of you idiots can eat crow. He’s better than most think and hasn’t hit his stride yet. Remember who the only one to show up in the NCAA Tournament was last year? It was Gaffney…you guys have serious short term memory. Gaff is gonna average about 10 points per game coming off the bench and will be one of the top 3 on our team in 3 pt. FG %.

Reaction Score
You may have just missed
Wow so much praise for Diggins. Who was our opponent again?

Well they all looked better last year playing high school competition. I loved the kid's game yesterday, but I realize who they played.

I forget how much we extrapolate from one game against a cupcake. Just saying against those types of teams all of our players should look like All Stars.

You do realize Sool didn’t get any playing time against the quality opponents UConn has played so far?

The fairly simple notion that Sool appears ready for more playing time has triggered some folks, as they perceive it as a threat to Gaffney.

Reaction Score
You may have just missed

You do realize Sool didn’t get any playing time against the quality opponents UConn has played so far?

The fairly simple notion that Sool appears ready for more playing time has triggered some folks, as they perceive it as a threat to Gaffney.
Which play yesterday showed he deserves more playing time? Don’t think people perceive it as a threat to Gaffney, just think some people realize he just really isn’t ready.

Reaction Score
Which play yesterday showed he deserves more playing time? Don’t think people perceive it as a threat to Gaffney, just think some people realize he just really isn’t ready.

1) The pass to Samson which led to a dunk, in which he was directing Samson to make a cut to the rim as he was passing;
2) the great bounce pass to Akok who was underneath the hoop & should have had an easy dunk but bobbled the pass;
3) the deep 3;
4) not taking any bad shots; and
5) not committing any turnovers

Which play makes you realize “he just really isn’t ready”?

Reaction Score
I like Sool getting more playing time as it means Gaffney will be more at the 2 and we can put Hawkins at the 3 were his lack to tight dribble will be covered up a little. Basically by playing Sool at the 1 we are covering for Martin at the 3. Gaffney plays more 2 and Hawkins more 3 while Sool backs up Cole at 1. Gaffney comes in fo Hawkins or makes Hawkins slide to the 3. I like it.

Reaction Score
He had 3 points 1 assist and 1 block. Can we stop acting like he had a breakout game. We need to see a lot more of him.
Well like it not he is going to get a lot more burn in big games so he had to start somewhere. Let's see what he can produce against better competition before knocking or praising the kid too much. He had a decent game but really couldn't tell much from that game.

Reaction Score
1) The pass to Samson which led to a dunk, in which he was directing Samson to make a cut to the rim as he was passing;
2) the great bounce pass to Akok who was underneath the hoop & should have had an easy dunk but bobbled the pass;
3) the deep 3;
4) not taking any bad shots; and
5) not committing any turnovers

Which play makes you realize “he just really isn’t ready”?
So what you’re saying is he makes 2 good passes and a 3 and he ready. He played 12 minutes. Most of time on offense he sat in the corner. Also he really didn’t have the ball in his hands enough to create a turnover. Did he show anywhere yesterday he can create his own shot. Did he show he can take his man off the dribble. He showed he can make a 3 but so did Andrew Hurley last year. Maybe we should play him some more I mean he doesn’t really turn it over and can pass it decently. His handle is also pretty good when he’s dribbling out the clock.

Reaction Score
Well like it not he is going to get a lot more burn in big games so he had to start somewhere. Let's see what he can produce against better competition before knocking or praising the kid too much. He had a decent game but really couldn't tell much from that game.
Exactly what i’m saying. He was i guess “steady” against a poor team. Let’s not start calling for 15 mpg.

Reaction Score
As long as Hurley doesn't play Cole and Diggins together, he's not going to see the floor often. And here's the thing, it's hard to see a situation where Cole and Diggins should play together.

I just hope Diggins' lack of PT doesn't deter him from sticking around. Whenever Cole leaves, Diggins will be poised to take over the lead PG spot and I have no problem with Hurley taking the slow route in acclimating him to that spot.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
As long as Hurley doesn't play Cole and Diggins together, he's not going to see the floor often. And here's the thing, it's hard to see a situation where Cole and Diggins should play together.
Was it hard to see a situation where Bazz and Boat played together?

I'm not comparing Diggins to either at this point. Just questioning the idea that two PGs shouldn't be on the court at the same time.

Reaction Score
Well they all looked better last year playing high school competition. I loved the kid's game yesterday, but I realize who they played.

I forget how much we extrapolate from one game against a cupcake. Just saying against those types of teams all of our players should look like All Stars.
I don’t think reasonable ppl are saying he needs to play 25 min a game, but he should be getting burn. It benefits the team to develop another ball handler and, in my watching, he hasn’t shown himself to be someone who doesn’t deserve ~10 min a game. It will only make the team better later in the season.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You can see the swagger and confidence in Sool, something that is necessary in a pure PG
As some have said before, Gaff maybe a combo guard but he has been billed by DH as a PG since he came to UConn. Im sorry but Gaff is not a PG. I don't have confidence in Gaff due to the fact that he has had far more questionable play than brilliance. Yes Gaff has shown he can play. I wish DH had utilized Sool much this season to date. There will be times when the team needs a pure PG to spell Cole - that isn't Gaff. Gaff is more like Cole when he first got to UConn a SG trying to be a PG. Cole worked hard at being a PG and he has shown he can handle some aspects. A PG needs to set pace and direction - I see it in Sool and saw it in his pre UConn days. I don't see that all in Gaff,
Sool has, in my opinion, a greater upside as a PG than Gaff
It doesn't matter who is "better" now - it's who will be the best when placed in that position.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The kid makes 1 three, handled the ball limitedly and sat in the corner and pretty much looked lost on offense. All of sudden he’s the second coming of Jesus. 90% of you are insane.
He stood in the corner because DH called that formation and Gaff ignored him when he was open as he ignored other opportunities, Gaff dribbled the ball east and west eating clock in the half court offense - I am not insane and neither are 90% who sit behind the bench and heard DH yell at Sool to stay over there - he was using Gaff as the PG and Sool as the SG. Once Sool was placed in the PG is when you could see the potential
Sool is not the second coming of Jesus but he is a PG - the only real one UConn has right now

Reaction Score
He stood in the corner because DH called that formation and Gaff ignored him when he was open as he ignored other opportunities, Gaff dribbled the ball east and west eating clock in the half court offense - I am not insane and neither are 90% who sit behind the bench and heard DH yell at Sool to stay over there - he was using Gaff as the PG and Sool as the SG. Once Sool was placed in the PG is when you could see the potential
Sool is not the second coming of Jesus but he is a PG - the only real one UConn has right now
Basically what you’re saying is, off the limited touches he had at point guard that he is the best point guard we have? That’s a really hot take!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Basically what you’re saying is, off the limited touches he had at point guard that he is the best point guard we have? That’s a really hot take!
It's more likely that you don't read very well.

Then again, this comment was less extreme than your earlier claiming that people think he's the second coming of Jesus, and that 90% of the posters here are insane, so maybe you're a young new talent who's developing and needs some more time and a larger sample size before sweeping claims can be intelligently made.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Liked what I saw out of Diggins yesterday. He’s more old timey point guardy than Cole or Gaffney who are more aggressive scorers.

Would like to see him get more minutes going forward - depth is depth.

Reaction Score
Liked what I saw out of Diggins yesterday. He’s more old timey point guardy than Cole or Gaffney who are more aggressive scorers.

Would like to see him get more minutes going forward - depth is depth.
I think this is all anyone means. We need a traditional, pure pg in the program again. Diggins will be a good one.

Reaction Score
If you’re talking about me needing a larger sample size before making the claim that I did, I don’t. Most of the people on here go from one extreme to another every game. If you’re talking about we need a larger sample size of diggins before anointing him the best point guard on the team or the fact that he’s ready to play at a high level, yes I agree.
It's more likely that you don't read very well.

Then again, this comment was less extreme than your earlier claiming that people think he's the second coming of Jesus, and that 90% of the posters here are insane, so maybe you're a young new talent who's developing and needs some more time and a larger sample size before sweeping claims can be intelligently made.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom