Rahsool Diggins | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rahsool Diggins

Reaction Score
I don’t think it’s fair to compare him to Gaff. There’s a distinct difference between a PG & a CG. It’s not a diss to say Sool is a PG & Gaff is a CG. It’s just an acknowledgment of how the game has grown. Ex: Cj in Portland isn’t a natural PG.

Reaction Score
I don’t think it’s fair to compare him to Gaff. There’s a distinct difference between a PG & a CG. It’s not a diss to say Sool is a PG & Gaff is a CG. It’s just an acknowledgment of how the game has grown. Ex: Cj in Portland isn’t a natural PG.
Thank you. Finally some nuance in this inane argument. People can still value Gaff as a combo or 2G while being happy Diggins is being integrated and might help as a backup pure PG in certain situations. We don't have to take sides. We can love both and wish both succeed and help the team. We need both now more than ever.

Reaction Score
Oh, that's such a clever dis of Gaffney who had 4 assists, 10 points and two steals in 18 minutes. Good grief.
Agree, back to reality from Casual Fan Happy Hour.

Reaction Score
Does it matter? Kid looked good and deserves some recognition
Well they all looked better last year playing high school competition. I loved the kid's game yesterday, but I realize who they played.

I forget how much we extrapolate from one game against a cupcake. Just saying against those types of teams all of our players should look like All Stars.

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
Well they all looked better last year playing high school competition. I loved the kid's game yesterday, but I realize who they played.

I forget how much we extrapolate from one game against a cupcake. Just saying against those types of teams all of our players should look like All Stars.
Then just “love the kids game” then and enjoy it. No need to knock everyone else for doing so as well. You want to detract from a fun thread showing love for one of our guys?… then go join the Syracuse board.

Reaction Score
I will say that Diggins has a certain swagger about him, and his confidence is apparent. I kept commenting that he reminds me so much of Bazz freshman year. He simply plays without fear.

Reaction Score
Then just “love the kids game” then and enjoy it. No need to knock everyone else for doing so as well. You want to detract from a fun thread showing love for one of our guys?… then go join the Syracuse board.
Sorry didn't mean for realistic statement to send sensitive people into a frenzy. Ok send me the link.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Oh, that's such a clever dis of Gaffney who had 4 assists, 10 points and two steals in 18 minutes. Good grief.
good point. Against Auburn he had 6 5 3 with three turnovers. MSU he had 3 and 1. VCU he had 8 3 and 2 with 3 turnovers

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Having 3 solid guards is important. We’ve been making do with pseudo-guards Jackson and Martin, but having Cole, Gaffney and Diggins all capable of running the offense will make the squad much more dangerous.

Reaction Score
On offense, they mostly had him sitting in the corner tonight. He had the ball in his hands to make a play like 3 or 4 times, 2 of which were in deep garbage time.
Yup that’s the game I was at too.

Reaction Score
I'm gonna strike a middle ground here.

Gaffney is a good passer but not a good PG. I think he could thrive in a role playing mostly SG and some PG when we need him. Our personnel just doesn't quite allow for that. He is going to hit guys in their spots, and he's generally very low on TOs... but he throws off the whole rhythm of the offense with his timidity.

However... I also don't think Rahsool is ready for big minutes against better teams. We're probably overrating him based on his deep garbage minutes. I do think he deserves a chance vs the Bonnies to show his chops, but I don't think we can count on him yet.

Reaction Score
Having 3 solid guards is important. We’ve been making do with pseudo-guards Jackson and Martin, but having Cole, Gaffney and Diggins all capable of running the offense will make the squad much more dangerous.

Had a wonderful time yesterday as Alabama beat Georgia. Chief will be getting back in the UConn MBB grind, however there’s always valuable lessons to be learned watching an elite program. One thing Chief was very impressed with is how well coached Alabama was and that displayed consistently in their play. In particular, the technique players used to reduce penalty risks such as holding and pass interference. That #19 received on GA was the closest thing to Mark Bavaro I have seen / Wow - tacklers just bounced off of him.

Reaction Score
Typical Boneyard. Guy plays ok in 12 minutes in a blowout win over an awful opponent and suddenly he is the next Khalid, Smith, Kemba and Shabaz all rolled into one. He looked fine. Hope he doesn’t have to play much.

Reaction Score
I think it's just easier to notice the effortless nature of some of Diggins' PG tendencies in comparison to Gaff which make him such an enticing option given our personnel.

WVU is #2 in the nation in turning teams over. I wouldn't mind giving Diggins 8-10 minutes. It could really help Cole out by letting him play off ball.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
However... I also don't think Rahsool is ready for big minutes against better teams. We're probably overrating him based on his deep garbage minutes. I do think he deserves a chance vs the Bonnies to show his chops, but I don't think we can count on him yet.
I don't think anyone is saying "bench Gaffney" and just give the job to Rashool. Rather, it's more, "get Rashool more minutes now so he's more ready for duty when called upon against tougher competition." We saw what pressing teams can do to Cole, and Gaffney wasn't a big help there. There's more of that coming.

Reaction Score
The team is 8-1 and just won a game by nearly 30 points despite missing 2 of our highest scoring starters. After Cole, Diggins is clearly more comfortable as a ball handler than any of our other guards. This should be cause for celebration, not a Diggins versus Gaffney debate. They can both contribute on a successful team, especially with Martin out.

Reaction Score
The kid makes 1 three, handled the ball limitedly and sat in the corner and pretty much looked lost on offense. All of sudden he’s the second coming of Jesus. 90% of you are insane.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom