Rahsool Diggins | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Rahsool Diggins

Reaction Score
You guys know that multiple things can be true at the same time, rigth?

It can be true that Diggins played a pretty solid floor game, and that he could be a really important piece for this team given our massive gap at playmaking, and that we just don't know yet that he's ready. Those can all live together comfortably.

Diggins looks composed, has probably the best or 2nd best pure handles on the team, and certainly seems to have that vision & passing ability we desperately need. The entire play when Akok bailed the bunny was pretty savvy - as was the way he moved the defender with his eyes on Samsons dunk before leading him perfectly to the rim. Those are savvy/feel point guard plays and you love to see it.

On the other hand, Hurley has been running with the vets almost exclusively - so hard to tell if there is a reason or just classic Hurley making kids earn(over-earn?) their time on the court.

Hope he gets his chance - It would mean a lot for this team to have someone who can just get people shots and break down defenses.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Gaffney is the new Taliek of the Boneyard
He’s kind of the anti-Taliek. Taliek’s whole issue was he would get the ball and head to the hoop like a heat seeking missile. I think most people would say Gaffney‘s problem isn’t being too aggressive.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
If you’re talking about me needing a larger sample size before making the claim that I did, I don’t. Most of the people on here go from one extreme to another every game. If you’re talking about we need a larger sample size of diggins before anointing him the best point guard on the team or the fact that he’s ready to play at a high level, yes I agree.
Just now you've dialed back from 90% are insane to "Most of the people on here go from one extreme to another every game," and dropped Jesus from the discussion together
Keep going.

Reaction Score
Just now you've dialed back from 90% are insane to "Most of the people on here go from one extreme to another every game," and dropped Jesus from the discussion together
Keep going.
Going from one extreme to the other can be defined as irrational or foolish, which is also the definition of insanity. Like I said 90% of the people on here fall into that category, especially the ones who think diggins is ready for valuable minutes because of his 12 minutes of mediocre at best basketball.

Reaction Score
Diggins is going to be a great point guard. He will work his way into the rotation.
With the new transfer rules everyone is a bit edgy about getting young highly rated freshmen their time on the floor in games.
20 years ago it was understood that you put your time in and got your turn Soph, JR and SR year.
Now everyone wants it now and they have options. It’s the Elephant in the room on every team with young talent sitting behind upperclassmen.

Reaction Score
Gaffney is the new Taliek of the Boneyard. Can’t wait until he’s a major piece to help us bring home #5 so all of you idiots can eat crow. He’s better than most think and hasn’t hit his stride yet. Remember who the only one to show up in the NCAA Tournament was last year? It was Gaffney…you guys have serious short term memory. Gaff is gonna average about 10 points per game coming off the bench and will be one of the top 3 on our team in 3 pt. FG %.

Wow please let me know when he even approaches Talieks defensive abilities. I mean no one gets beat more consistently off the dribble than Gaff, nobody. He played ok Saturday made a couple 3s, nice driving lay in and is much better off the ball on offense. Threw some good passes and some head scratchers. He’s an ok back up but no one will ever eat crow because that’s what he is. Would love to eat crow but I’m confident I won’t because 3 years in he can’t run the team like Taliek and it’s not close defensively.

That Maryland game carries a lot of weight for people. One of the 3-4 good ones for him last year.

Reaction Score
Gaffney has the highest assist rate on the team. They boneyard stays missing
Its not his skill set or his court vision. It’s the constant probing that he does where he doesn’t really go anywhere and just eats up the shot clock. When he is decisive he’s good. Too often (against good teams) he does the probing crap.

Reaction Score
Diggins is going to be a great point guard. He will work his way into the rotation.
With the new transfer rules everyone is a bit edgy about getting young highly rated freshmen their time on the floor in games.
20 years ago it was understood that you put your time in and got your turn Soph, JR and SR year.
Now everyone wants it now and they have options. It’s the Elephant in the room on every team with young talent sitting behind upperclassmen.
Let me guess…you were one of the people who said Jackso would become a great 3-point shooter over the summer…

Reaction Score
Going from one extreme to the other can be defined as irrational or foolish, which is also the definition of insanity. Like I said 90% of the people on here fall into that category, especially the ones who think diggins is ready for valuable minutes because of his 12 minutes of mediocre at best basketball.
You just went from one extreme to the other. To call the Grambling game 12 minutes of mediocre basketball for Sool is just not right and fair. Sool was inserted in his 1st meaningful minutes of a game and was steady for us in that time. Hurley imo should have played him in the earlier cupcake games and for some god sake reason he didn't. We just need to see more of him to see where he stands on this team. WVU is going to be a test for him and the team. He has to start somewhere and Grambling was it. Sool has very good bb IQ, though not the fastest and most athletic player we have but he is crafty and also he should be a steady influence (PT guard) for us going forward. Give him a chance please.

Reaction Score
You just went from one extreme to the other. To call the Grambling game 12 minutes of mediocre basketball for Sool is just not right and fair. Sool was inserted in his 1st meaningful minutes of a game and was steady for us in that time. Hurley imo should have played him in the earlier cupcake games and for some god sake reason he didn't. We just need to see more of him to see where he stands on this team. WVU is going to be a test for him and the team. He has to start somewhere and Grambling was it. Sool has very good bb IQ, though not the fastest and most athletic player we have but he is crafty and also he should be a steady influence (PT guard) for us going forward. Give him a chance please.

It’s funny the Gaff lovers are saying look who ‘Sool did it against lol.

Hey I’m in the Gaff is still clearly our back up and I hope he gets more consistent. But it’s year 3 so when will it happen? I mean Sool did some nice things and I think deserves to grab a couple minutes in each half but for now it’s still Gaff with most of those as a back up.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Ok, you're back to 90%. And now something that "can" be a definition of "irrational or foolish" is being claimed as "also the definition of insanity."
I think you need another partner for this dance.

Reaction Score
I saw a little bit of AJ Price in Diggins last game. I have a good feeling about this kid.

Reaction Score
Ultimately this comes down to what the team needs, which is a backup PG that can run the offense and dribble confidently against pressure. Gaffney doesn't really have that true PG skillset and he probes the defense and ultimately goes nowhere too many times. I think Sool has that PG DNA but just hasn't had the opportunity.

I think Gaffney is better served at SG where he has shown he can shoot spot up 3s pretty well (as opposed to off the dribble where he gets messy). In fact I would like to see DH run some of the same plays that are run for Polley for Gaff as well.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
Agree, back to reality from Casual Fan Happy Hour.
Stop, with your casual fan it's demeaning, do you get a trophy for being a super fan?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom