Providence Is A Good Team | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Providence Is A Good Team

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Can we stop with the ___ is a good team bulls^t, please? Someone did it after the Xavier ass kicking too. Lets not make this a thing. We got taken to the woodshed twice in a week. Even in the win before that we had our prized big man leave with less teeth than he checked in with. It's about time we have someone step up and claim a few chiclets of our own.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

One thing you didn't mention was the free throw discrepancy. If we drove the ball about 75-80% of how often your team did, shouldn't the free throws attempted be close to the same? Instead you shot almost double the free throws we did.

It's not the end of the world, we all know Hurley is psychotic and too hard on the refs and this is their way of letting him know they're not going to take it anymore, Jeff Goodman said as much last week. Honestly I doubt we would have won anyway even if the whistle was closer, we missed a ton of jump shots and didn't have an answer for Hopkins. I also expect the home team to get a handful of calls most of the time, and we looked a little rattled by the crowd at times in the 2nd half. I'm looking forward to making some adjustments and seeing how the return game goes next month.

Reaction Score
Hay FriarJ - Good team, good game, good Coach. You seem intelligent and I have enjoyed your (some) posts. Posting at 1:45 AM days after a game demonstrates your deep insecurities about our program. You are now acting like a house guest that has stayed far too long. Time for you to go. We have other business to deal with.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
now, that's data. useful and sentient, with no deep doodoo analysis of arm angles and such. bingo, bango.
and,
Newton really tried,
yeppers. obvious.
one point tho, You don’t have a single player as talented as Hopkins to boot. mebbe, mebbe not. hop is oh, so sweet. danny said 'we watched the tape and he scared us.' of course, another dopey danny comment.
not cool. i am of the opinion that donno may be the one. if the draft were today, he is the only one that could go higher than hop. ur guard opinion is also spot on with our move to replace jalen and corey with mr oldman can't shot and mr. can't brake. hey gang! where are all those lazerlike gushings on these two from yestermonth. it's now January, halfway thru, and i've seen absolutely zero, squattola, from both. not interested in doing the 'bbut, bbut tomorrow!' thing again. in the real world, there is a yuge diff between 'speculation' and 'investment.' all i got is hanging the label "Sir Stop Touching Me' on typo years ago, joshy is wonderful, jmoney leading his squad to unprecedented heights, and corey now just beginning his career in a big way by dropping a death bomb 3 on danny. and us.
kudos mr 'getaway place in Alaska.'
now, that's gettin away. prolly a great help in thinking clearly.

Reaction Score
Hopkins not as great today but Providence had 34 FTs.

caw

Reaction Score
Rewatched PC game and their game today I’m not sure that style of play will travel well, meaning in tournament. Reminds me of Leprechauns teams at Cincy. PC needs calls going their way to win, which they can get in the BE.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Talented could mean a number of things, but it seems ridiculous to suggest we have nobody that talented on our roster.

He’s averaging less points and a lower TS% than Sanogo. Rebounding numbers are almost even per 40 minutes. Adama splitting time with Clingan is hurting his normal averages.

And I know you’ll say it’s because Hopkins will play in the NBA while Sanogo probably won’t. But that’s not because of skill/talent at the college level. Hopkins is just built for the NBA game better.

Meanwhile Hawkins is almost assuredly going to be picked higher in the draft than Hopkins, if that’s the route you’re going to argue.

Clingan might have the best size adjusted athleticism in college basketball. Scouts have called him a possible 1 and done.

Andre might be the best athlete in college basketball, which is an aspect of “talent.”

But if none of this addresses what you meant by “talent,” let me know.

caw

Reaction Score
Talented could mean a number of things, but it seems ridiculous to suggest we have nobody that talented on our roster.

He’s averaging less points and a lower TS% than Sanogo. Rebounding numbers are almost even per 40 minutes. Adama splitting time with Clingan is hurting his normal averages.

And I know you’ll say it’s because Hopkins will play in the NBA while Sanogo probably won’t. But that’s not because of skill/talent at the college level. Hopkins is just built for the NBA game better.

Meanwhile Hawkins is almost assuredly going to be picked higher in the draft than Hopkins, if that’s the route you’re going to argue.

Clingan might have the best size adjusted athleticism in college basketball. Scouts have called him a possible 1 and done.

Andre might be the best athlete in college basketball, which is an aspect of “talent.”

But if none of this addresses what you meant by “talent,” let me know.

Hopkins was a very highly rated high school player, who seems to be coming into his own. He may be the most talented of any of the players btw UConn and PC.

It is hard to 100% agree but it’s an argument that can be made.

I wouldn’t take him on UConn ahead of Jackson, but I wouldn’t mind him at the four, and I love Karabans potential (and production).

As for the rest of his drivel, he’s off his meds.

Reaction Score
You were doing so well.

You’re reading a lot into that one game. But thank you, I believe you guys made us a better team. We’ll see you soon.

Go back to wherever PC fans go

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Providence has had a soft schedule to open their season. UCONN has had a tough schedule to open their season with the final stretch this Wednesday @Marquette. Providence just pulled one out at home against a very bad St. John’s team (we did the same with GTOWN but won by 11, not 3.) Providence has 7 days to get ready for @Creighton and then it’s on to @Marquette, DePaul at home, Butler at home, @NOVA, and @ Xavier. Two “easy” get right games sandwiched at home in between 4 tough road games. It’ll be interesting to see how Providence does in the toughest part of their schedule.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Can we stop with the ___ is a good team bulls^t, please? Someone did it after the Xavier ass kicking too. Lets not make this a thing. We got taken to the woodshed twice in a week. Even in the win before that we had our prized big man leave with less teeth than he checked in with. It's about time we have someone step up and claim a few chiclets of our own.
Make up your mind. Posters get crap for criticizing UCONN’s play, and they also get crap for complimenting an opposing team.

Reaction Score

You were doing so well until this post. Your backcourt played very well Carter plays hard but gets away with murder. Holds everyone coming off picks basically all game. Your PG is make or break he’s not very good. Locke played out of his butt hasn’t looked all that good until this game but that’s good timing. Hopkins is a real nice player I would take him over most anyone we have. Croswell had an unofficial triple double they just didn’t call all of his fouls, another clutcher pushed and grabber.

But hey you guys are good tough. Reality will set in I have no doubt. But enjoy the ride.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
You seem confused every time the board doesn’t give you a tongue bath. This place allows a forum for visiting fans to interact and even criticize the host team, which is far more than the circle jerk Coren runs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom