Providence Is A Good Team | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Providence Is A Good Team

Reaction Score
Providence is gum on the bottom of our shoe.

I love the watching the friardude who just thinks they won the Super Bowl come over here to crow. Enjoy the rest of your season. And remember no matter what Peecee does, it just doesn't matter.

Reaction Score
Obtuse if you don't understand the meaning of obtuse. My post could not have been clearer or more to the point.

In the world of college basketball, Peecee doesn't matter

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I mean we didn’t have Sanogo……

Thats not whining
Exactly. I'd argue that this poster is out whining us about our whining.

Not mentioned so far is the value of playing in packed arenas. Nor mentioning having a bulls eye on your back. UConn is going to get everyone's best shot this year. I expect that will happen with Providence as well because they probably will be ranked next week.

@auror summed up one aspect of the victory when he reviewed play by play of the game and stated Providence made some contested threes and UConn missed many open threes. Although we didn't shoot lights out in the Creighton game in making threes Creighton was abysmal.

The best teams need to win every home court game and whoever does better in the away games will be the champions of the regular season.

Biggest factor for me in the Providence game was the foul trouble Andre was in all game. In a tough environment defense is one aspect of the game that is most predictable and not having Andre available to cover Hopkins was clearly an advantage that was in Providence's favor.

Reaction Score

I speak the truth I’m not whining at all. We didn’t deserve to win no matter the Friars were better. But I’m not wrong in any of what I said. If you think that game was called well then you’re whacked. If you don’t like it here move on then please.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
PC will always be that team to me where if you beat them, who cares, you were supposed to. But if you lose it really sucks because you're not supposed to lose to teams like PC. No upside and big downside. :p

Reaction Score
No, I watch UConn on defense, too... you know when Providence had the ball. And I'm checking for openness of shooters as one of many things I look at, so I'm assessing opponent defense, too. But don't take my word for it, take the ShotQuality company's stat. It's not a perfect metric, but it was built to describe exactly what we're talking about, and a 20+ point net difference in the game from shot variance is not an amount to just handwave away.

And note I'm not saying Providence is bad. Check my posts from before the game where I said they were incredibly underrated and that the crowd/arena was going to have a big impact. And it did. That's a big part of the shooting variance.

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
auror already addressed your comment to me. I’ll add that his primary focus for this forum in that thread is to provide in depth accounting of UConn’s players and how they played in each game as opposed to @Hey Adrien! who prior to each game does an in depth and fair evaluation of opponents.

auror is absolutely the wrong poster to support your case. More than his in depth analysis I appreciate his non emotional approach here. For instance he pointed out using his evaluation process that the best UConn play in the Providence game came from Donovan.

So I questioned who Donovan played against. He indicated he does not include defensive players in his evaluation which of course would be valuable information. Playing against Moore vs. Crosswell would make a difference in assessment of Donovan’s game play.

But as long as we know his process, which is incredibly extensive and time consuming, we can fill in the gaps if we want.

Hoopcrazee

Hoopcrazee
Reaction Score
Friar J...I enjoy reading most of your posts...Do you not spend much time on reading your own message board...hilarious the week before the UConn game how much I saw the whining about how could they dare schedule the UConn game when the students were on vacation... not to mention how bad UConn return to the BE was...

You guys should note that this should be THE best rivalry in the BE..The conference needs legit rivalries!!!

Reaction Score
I agree, he lowered his shoulder and bowled over Karaban many times (which should be an offensive foul).

Not if his feet aren’t set and he’s not changing direction to force the contact.

Reaction Score
If we have a coach worth his salt, we will tear PC apart next meet up. There is no comparison in overall team talent and depth.

Reaction Score
If we have a coach worth his salt, we will tear PC apart next meet up. There is no comparison in overall team talent and depth.
That’s the question isn’t it, and btw, they have a lot of talent too, and it’s getting better. I’d be happy to just win. Tear apart? Maybe, not likely.

Reaction Score
Friar J...I enjoy reading most of your posts...Do you not spend much time on reading your own message board...hilarious the week before the UConn game how much I saw the whining about how could they dare schedule the UConn game when the students were on vacation... not to mention how bad UConn return to the BE was...

You guys should note that this should be THE best rivalry in the BE..The conference needs legit rivalries!!!
Not sure I agree with this. The best rivalry should be UConn (4 championships) and Villanova (3 championships).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom