Providence Is A Good Team | The Boneyard

Providence Is A Good Team

Reaction Score
Providence played with as much intensity at both ends of the court as any team I’ve seen all year. They defend. They rebound. They attack the basket. They too it to us and it paid off fir them. Their ability to get to the line and make their free throws was the story of the game. They were 29 of 35 from the line.

Oh, yeah. Hurley was once again cursing out everyone in sight. He was lucky he didn’t get T’d. What an embarrassment. It’s hard to imagine that he can keep his head in the game.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Providence played with as much intensity at both ends of the court as any team I’ve seen all year. They defend. They rebound. They attack the basket. They too it to us and it paid off fir them. Their ability to get to the line and make their free throws was the story of the game. They were 29 of 35 from the line.

Oh, yeah. Hurley was once again cursing out everyone in sight. He was lucky he didn’t get T’d. What an embarrassment. It’s hard to imagine that he can keep his head in the game.
Please share this insight with Deepster. He rejects it from me.

Reaction Score
They are good but we definitely beat ourselves by getting them in the bonus early in the first and second half. If uconn isn't hitting 3s they are just another average team.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Thanks for the update Mrs. Cooley.

Reaction Score
I think this is Hurley's biggest downfall....He is so competitive and amped up for every game that he is unable to slow things down in his brain and make the necessary in game adjustments. It doesn't seem like the assistant coaches are providing much input to him in game either.

Reaction Score
I think this is Hurley's biggest downfall....He is so competitive and amped up for every game that he is unable to slow things down in his brain and make the necessary in game adjustments. It doesn't seem like the assistant coaches are providing much input to him in game either.
I mean, this is a massive, massive issue though. You’re talking about a coach who can’t coach when the team is up against the wall….I don’t see any benefit in that.

Reaction Score
I mean, this is a massive, massive issue though. You’re talking about a coach who can’t coach when the team is up against the wall….I don’t see any benefit in that.
I don't have the statistics, but I'm guessing that Hurley's record in games decided by 6 points or less is not great. That would (if true) validate your observation.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score

I can't argue with your first paragraph.

Reaction Score
I don't have the statistics, but I'm guessing that Hurley's record in games decided by 6 points or less is not great. That would (if true) validate your observation.

Contrast that with Cooley who’s Providence teams have gone 30-11 over his last 41 games decided by 5 points or less.

Reaction Score
The BE has quality not reflected in early season national polls and losses. Crapshoot every night, and we got a hint with Georgetown.

Reaction Score
Coach Cooley is my favorite coach in all of NCAA basketball. He teaches through tough love. He is a super coach and a super human being. He gets the most out of his players because they share a mutual respect and a mutual love for one another. Easy guy to cheer for. Our talent level is better because we can recruit with the UConn name and Hurley is an elite recruiter, but their work ethic crushes ours. Hopefully, that will change.

Reaction Score
We had a coach who hardly ever yelled at the officials. Kevin Ollie.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom