ProspectNation Top 100 for 2017 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

ProspectNation Top 100 for 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Both actually
It's close but I would tend to disagree on the post players. I don't remember a class with 4 better post than Cox, Joyner, McCoy, and Johnson at the top of a recent class.

Reaction Score
Let's clear something up right quick. Better yet let me say this, just because you play hard does not mean you are skilled. I think Cox plays very hard and she is bigger than everyone so you put those 2 together and it's hard for a high school player to match up with her. Now this is also why i say she will have the hardest time transitioning to college.....that will not get her by in college. I was in Russia watching the games and it showed over there.

There were a couple of coaches and scouts with the USA who begin to question the same thing. I feel that a lot of fans get caught up in the ranking boards and cant come to grips that they can be wrong and that there are other motives when the rankings are released. Read the last article that was put our on Miller and it totally contradicts what happens to Boykin.

Look all i can do is go by what i watch with my on eyes and that's it. At the end of the day everyone is entitle to there opinion and after that we just have to watch and see

There was soooo much I was about to posts to disagree with you on . Here are just four things- 1.) do you realize that Cox hasn't signed yet with UCONN so- many of the people that reply to you have no skin in the debate whether Joyner or Cox is better? So why should anyone be mad about that?

Secondly, now that you've come out and said Cox has no skills, do you have a link for any other recruiting service that agrees with you on that?

Third- I've watched Lauren Cox for about 10 minutes over the past two years. And you said Cox has no skills but in my limited time seeing her- my evaluation is that Cox will be an all-american at least once, be drafted 1st round in the wnba because she'll be able to score in the post, pass from the post, nail her free throws at a decent clip, rebound the ball at least decent and block shots. These things I've mentioned requires skills. We'll see in time whose evaluation is better.

Fourth- and just watching the clips you provided - imo Joyner will never be a pg.

Reaction Score
"Clearly this is personal to you and you have an agenda."

Ya think?? I'm guessing Mr. or Mrs. Joyner at this point. :rolleyes:

"NOT ME, MEYERS, NO WAY."

And while I'd love to see the "no skills, hard playing" Lauren Cox at UConn, I have no doubt that as long as we get a reasonably good big kid in the next two years who's willing to bust it and wants it really bad (i.e. Stef Dolson) then our Henry Higgins will do what he does best and make magic. Watch out for Natalie!!

Last edited:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I watched Prince play a couple of times over the summer on the same AAU team as Nancy Mulkey. I thought Sedona was the much better player despite being 2 years younger than Nancy.
Exactly. I think mtsuraider is letting bias creep in just because Collier visited Tennessee this summer.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Didi Richard tweeted her final 11 schools:

Reaction Score
This same astute observer who writes about wbb for the Sporting News and picks Holmes over Cox and Boothe over Walker has now picked South Carolina over Connecticut as the 2016 champs.
Dementia, or just good for sales?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
11 schools for Richards but it seems like Texas has a way better chance than the other 10 combined to get her.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
11 schools for Richards but it seems like Texas has a way better chance than the other 10 combined to get her.
I will be shocked if her final choice is someone other than Texas, Baylor, or LSU.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
southie said:
I will be shocked if her final choice is someone other than Texas, Baylor, or LSU.

Yea, Texas for sure

Reaction Score
Before her injury, McCoy was well on her way of overtaking Cox for the No. 2 spot. IMO skill wise McCoy is better of the two.

Reaction Score
When I saw U of H lsted my first thought was why the Univ of Hartford. Then I figured she might have meant the U. of Hawaii. Now that would be on my list for an official visit. :)

Reaction Score
When I saw U of H lsted my first thought was why the Univ of Hartford. Then I figured she might have meant the U. of Hawaii. Now that would be on my list for an official visit. :)
University of HOUSTON

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01