ProspectNation Top 100 for 2017 | The Boneyard

ProspectNation Top 100 for 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
That #26 ranking for Espinosa-Hunter is a 21 spot increase from her previous ranking of #47.

They shuffled Husky target Mikayla Coombs down a bit too.

Reaction Score
That #26 ranking for Espinosa-Hunter is a 21 spot increase from her previous ranking of #47.

They shuffled Husky target Mikayla Coombs down a bit too.

Espinosa Hunter upward spiral ranking was mostly due to her making the USA 16U team. Wasn't impressed with her play the entire HS and AAU season. I watched her the entire summer. That moving up in the rankings in my opinion was sparked by her making the USA team and that's it.

Reaction Score
Espinosa Hunter upward spiral ranking was mostly due to her making the USA 16U team. Wasn't impressed with her play the entire HS and AAU season. I watched her the entire summer. That moving up in the rankings in my opinion was sparked by her making the USA team and that's it.

You are exactly right on with this. The same goes for Miller and jade Williams. This Chris Hansen guy stands around and talks during the games and never watch.

Westbrook was on the team nike nationals and was not really a factor, but she lives near Chris Hansen. She is always supporting his camps and everything he does.

He also talks about Miller moving up despite her ACL tear but treated Boykin the total opposite for having a ACL tear.

I can go on because i watched the whole summer but i will stop now........but before i go. Yes Boothe was the BEST kid at USA trials and it wasn't close and Richards was the second best there.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Have to think Espinoza-Hunter's improvement in the rankings was also impacted by her verbal to UConn.

Reaction Score
Not saying you guys are wrong, but the original/previous rankings were released after the USA Trials and selections. But perhaps they arranged them beforehand and just didn't release until after the trials and selections happened.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
Right now, Boothe is Maryland's to lose.

Brenda has been on her very hard.

Reaction Score
Rella Boothe should be the #1 ranked players in my opinion. I have her rated over Megan Walker.

Reaction Score
Right now, Boothe is Maryland's to lose.

Brenda has been on her very hard.

Lets just say the Maryland fanbase would be extremely upset if Boothe went to Tennessee or Auburn. Boothe did say last year that Maryland was her favorite school. As far as #1 player, probably Meagan Walker is still #1. It might be the same scenario as KLS and Asia Durr or Joyner Holmes and Lauren Cox. They could be co-#1s. But the distance between Walker and Boothe might be larger than the other two at this time.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You are exactly right on with this. The same goes for Miller and jade Williams. This Chris Hansen guy stands around and talks during the games and never watch.

Westbrook was on the team nike nationals and was not really a factor, but she lives near Chris Hansen. She is always supporting his camps and everything he does.

He also talks about Miller moving up despite her ACL tear but treated Boykin the total opposite for having a ACL tear.

I can go on because i watched the whole summer but i will stop now...but before i go. Yes Boothe was the BEST kid at USA trials and it wasn't close and Richards was the second best there.

Interesting. Do you remember what Boykin was ranked in the previous rankings?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Interesting. Do you remember what Boykin was ranked in the previous rankings?
She was top 10 by several services - as high as #6 I believe by one of them.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score

I can go on because i watched the whole summer but i will stop now...but before i go. Yes Boothe was the BEST kid at USA trials and it wasn't close and Richards was the second best there.
Westbrook's high rankings in Prospects Nation is not anomalous, which one would expect if her high ranking was due to her being a favorite of Chris Hansen. Blue Star has Evina ranked tied for 8th while Hoopgurlz has her 7th. She seems like a consensus top 10 pick to me.

Everyone recognized that Boothe shined at the trials, but obviously there was an aspect to her game/personality that raised a red flag. (I don't think it was just to piss off Kallina LINK.) 'Team' comes before 'me' on Team USA. And of course Megan Walker was too old to try out for that team.

Didi Richards is clearly a wonderfully gifted athlete, but perhaps her effort level was deemed problematic by Team USA U16 selection committee. In their scouting report, Prospects Nation notes that Didi needs to play more aggressively, and they dropped her from the 5th ranked prospect to the 10th. Of course that issue with Didi did not deter a lot of excellent teams from recruiting her (LINK).

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
She was top 10 by several services - as high as #6 I believe by one of them.

I see she slipped to #4 in the hoopgurlz.... I think she was either 2 or 3 in last years rankings. As the poster mentioned.... she tore her ACL (last summer) ... so hopefully she will return to form ... but she has plenty of time... 2 more years of high school before she heads to Durham

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I see she slipped to #4 in the hoopgurlz.... I think she was either 2 or 3 in last years rankings. As the poster mentioned.... she tore her ACL (last summer) ... so hopefully she will return to form ... but she has plenty of time... 2 more years of high school before she heads to Durham
I was talking about Boykin...

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
Lets just say the Maryland fanbase would be extremely upset if Boothe went to Tennessee or Auburn. Boothe did say last year that Maryland was her favorite school. As far as #1 player, probably Meagan Walker is still #1. It might be the same scenario as KLS and Asia Durr or Joyner Holmes and Lauren Cox. They could be co-#1s. But the distance between Walker and Boothe might be larger than the other two at this time.

I know Boothe likes Tennessee, and is planning on visiting unofficially this season at some point. I believe Tennessee has a school/home visit with her too this month.

KK is Tennessee's to lose at this point, and I don't know if both would go to same school.

Reaction Score
I have said in many of my post on other threads that Boothe is number 1 so @Hoopdreams is not the only one who says this. She is the Joyner Holmes of this class and it shouldn't be up for discussion.

Westbrook is a great talent but not a number 3 talent...again it helps to be near the scouting services home. I got a chance to watch her all summer and never thought she was a top 5 talent.

Boykin was ranked in the top 10 and played on the nike circuit for the last two years but they dropped her down to near 20. Miller never played on the nike circuit but was raised in to the top 10....while both didn't play in July.

Richards was second on her team in scoring behind Holmes and second and rebounding to Holmes. This was on a team that made it to the final four at nike nationals. When i watched her at usa it looked to me like she was worried about messing up.....now i could be wrong.

Jade Williams, Miller, and Andy were all helped out by making the USA team. Now i Will say this......if they are this good why would are they the first team to lose a game at U16? That alone should disqualify them from making the top 10 unless the world has caught up this much.

This leads me to my next argument.....jade Williams(#7 2017) and Collier (#4 2018) were on a team that had the #24 and #22 kids on it, but they didnt qualify for nike nationals. I have watched these girls play all over the country and do not be fooled by the politics of these services.

Joyner by far is the number 1 kid in the 2016 class and all we ask from these services is to be consistent with your reasoning.

Here is someone with bluestar agreeing with my thoughts with joyner......also notice he has Boothe on his first team and walker on his second team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom