Prognosticator's Predictions Game 2 vs Texas | The Boneyard

Prognosticator's Predictions Game 2 vs Texas

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Well that was fun watching the season opener, now on with the tough ones. First up is #3 Texas at Gampel Pavilion, who is playing their first game today at home against the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns, when I was stationed at Fort Polk they were known as Louisiana-Lafayette, but the Ragin Cajuns stayed. Texas should have very little problems with the Ragin Cajuns who only have 3 player over 6 feet, while the Longhorns have 9 players. I will be watching today's game on the Longhorn Network to see how they play against the Ragin Cajuns and what challenges they may bring to Gampel and against UConn. With all that being said, I will predict, for now, a win by the Huskies. UConn 88 - Texas 75. All predictions must be in by 6:25 P.M. Eastern, must have the name of the winner posted in the prognostication, i.e. UConn or Texas. Any changes to a prediction must state that it replaces the original prognostication and must also state the winning team. Attached is the Prognosticator's Predictions Rules and Scoring System. Good Luck to all you Prognosticator's out there, have fun.

Attachments

• Prognosticators Predictions Rules and Scoring System.pdf
    112.9 KB · Views: 97
Reaction Score
To me, this game is a "pick 'em" at this point. I haven't seen Texas play and while the Huskies have looked impressive, the quality of their opponents so far has been suspect.

With Vic's teams having a reputation for playing tough defense, I don't think you will be seeing UConn scoring in the 90's. I think the high 70's is more realistic. Will the Huskies defensive intensity be effective against the Longhorns who have some significant talent and quickness at the guard position?

Can UConn continue to shoot 80+ percent from the charity stripe and can they improve on their 3 point shooting from last night to hit threes in the upper 30 to low 40 percentage? Can they win the battle of the boards? If they can do these three things, they should be in pretty good shape (yes that is all pretty obvious - I don't claim to be a basketball savant).

Will Texas be a cohesive group with their transfers playing together effectively this early in the season (didn't work out so well for Tennessee)?

So many questions that won't be answered until Monday Night.

It's early in the season and I can envision a scenario where they might fall short on one or more of the keys to the game. With all of that said, I see the Huskies winning a nail biter 78 to 72.

If UConn wins the foul/free throw aspect of the game, that MOV could expand to 10 to 12 points if Texas is behind in the second half of the fourth quarter and they foul to get the ball back..

Reaction Score
When Azzi has a cold shooting night (from outside), then Lou is the only real outside threat now. Nika can make shots and Dorka too, but they just make a few if they make any. But when Caroline hopefully plays against Texas, then she can help tremendously with scoring. I'm hoping Caroline hits 3-4 threes and scores 15+ even with this being her first game this season. I predict UConn 78-68.

Reaction Score
Uconn 80-----Texas 68. Our first big test and Uconn will deliver a victory. I would like to stick it to Vic, because I still haven't got over the loss to Mississippi State in the semi finals in 2017. GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
Only two of the above have Texas scoring more than 70 points- 71 and 76.

I do not think that any team will be able to hold UConn with Azzi, Lou and Aubry, scoring less than that. If they are double-teamed, they are too adept at passing to an open big.

UConn 86, Texas 68.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
UConn 76
Texas 64

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads