Prognosticators Game 16 (DePaul) Predictions | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 16 (DePaul) Predictions

Reaction Score
Has anyone scored more points in the country than DePaul? They have hit over 100 probably 75% of their games so far. If they are on target on their 3's, and rest assured they will launch probably 50 at least, then UConn could have a hard time. UConn is still poor at guarding the perimeter. Really poor.

I think UConn pulls this out, but if DePaul is hitting them, could be a long night.

UConn 74 - 65

Reaction Score
With DePaul likely shooting many 3 pointers, there will be a number of long rebounds. We need a quick guard or two to sweep up these rebounds. Our guards should also quickly turn and block out the shooter to prevent her from getting said rebounds.
Uconn wins 77 - 63

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Uconn will focus on keeping Morrow off the boards and outside forceing her to shoot treys. The game will be slowed down and I expect to see UConn play alot of zone to keep themselves out of foul trouble. We should be able to get the fast break going as we should out rebound them by alot which will be the difference in the game.

Reaction Score
UConn 86 - 72
UConn plays man to man. Why would you play a lot of zone against a team that likes to shoot 3 pointers ?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
With DePaul likely shooting many 3 pointers, there will be a number of long rebounds. We need a quick guard or two to sweep up these rebounds. Our guards should also quickly turn and block out the shooter to prevent her from getting said rebounds.
Uconn wins 77 - 63
As per the rules unless stated your original prediction, (post #50) will be used unless specifically stated that this one replaces it.

Reaction Score
Tricky game. Our 3 point shooting is simply NOT good. It's adequate, but not good. The key will be stopping all of DePaul's outside threats, which usually is all 5 of the players they have on the floor. I know we have an advantage with our bigs, but they literally average over 25 3-point attempts per game. AND they have 4 players who average over 35% from deep.

They lost close games to Arizona, Notre Dame and aTm. They also lost an OT game to Marquette. But they AVERAGE over 92 PPG. Our defense has been good lately, and improving as well, but we may need to score over 80 to beat them. They usually like to play uptempo so it could be an exciting high-scoring game if our offense is clicking. Bur I think our lack of 3-point accuracy prevents us from scoring over 90. We will see!

UCONN 83
DePaul 72
Tricky is exactly right. This game might qualify as a trap game.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I was ready to predict a UConn loss against DePaul until Christyn is able to play. Don't know how many minutes she'll play but I will predict a close UConn win. UConn 77 DePaul 71. However it wouldn't surprise me to see DePaul win by double digits if their guards are able to score their averages.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
A number of people are concerned about Morris, Morrow, and Held and rightfully so. However, don't forget about Rogers. She gave UConn a lot of trouble last season.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I was ready to predict a UConn loss against DePaul until Christyn is able to play. Don't know how many minutes she'll play but I will predict a close UConn win. UConn 77 DePaul 71. However it wouldn't surprise me to see DePaul win by double digits if their guards are able to score their averages.
Whatever happens, I think our Defense is good enough to at least affect their team and hold most of their players below their averages

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
ONO and Edwards MUST stay out of foul trouble guarding their leading scorer (20.3) and rebounder (12.5), freshman Aneesah Morrow. If either of them has to sit, DeBerry will have to play. Morrow WILL show up. She has for every game against a ranked opponent. Morrow will have a double double Wednesday. I'd like for ONO to have one also. UConn must contain her or it's going to be a long night. UConn MUST limit their turnovers because DePaul will convert a good number of them into points. All 5 starters are averaging double figures. DePaul is averaging 92 ppg. DePaul women's BB team stats.

UCONN 81 - DePaul 79
looks like your'e gonna get some points, congrads.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom