Prognosticators Game 16 (DePaul) Predictions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 16 (DePaul) Predictions

Reaction Score
DePaul, according to Massey, has the number 1 rated offense/316 rated defense
75-71 UConn.

Reaction Score
I am so excited for this game! DePaul likes to push the tempo and I believe we can run with them. I read some where, we are 48-1 against DePaul. Wow! With that being said, I am going with:

UConn: 78

DePaul: 60

Let's go, Huskies!!

Reaction Score
UConn 78-63. As far as I know CW is cleared for all COVID restrictions or she would not have been on the bench the last game. if she doesn't play it is because of Geno's rule of 5 practices which seems a bit harsh when she was out the minimum of 5 days and must not have had symptoms. I'm hoping she plays.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Well we have a match-up between DePaul's high octane offense and UConn's depleted team. When described that way one might get the wrong idea...This is not going to be a match-up where DePaul runs all over UConn. UConn has improved its defense a lot since their stars went down. They are bringing the weak side help more often, they are closing out on the three point shooters more effectively, getting into the passing lanes and generally creating more turnovers. While UConn only averages 71 points a game since their stars went down they are also holding their opponents to only 57.6 points a game. DePaul's high octane offense has been cooking at 92.1 points per game however, DePaul allows their opponents to average 75.9 points a game.

This game will come down to UConn playing strong defense while being able to knock down shots. Even though Doug and Geno are gret friends, Doug Bruno's team will come ready to play as Doug would love to get a win against his nemesis UConn.

DePaul has a balanced potent offense with 5 players averaging double figures: DePaul's top seven players have averaged 90.7 points per game and 36.4 rebounds per game

Aneesah Morrow - 20.3 points per game and 12.5 rebounds
Sonya Morris - 18.0 points per game and 4.0 rebounds
Lexi Held - 13.9 points per game and 2.6 rebounds
Deja Church - 13.8 points per game and 4.6 rebounds
Darrione Rogers - 10.5 points per game and 6.7 rebounds
Kiera Collier - 7.8 points per game and 2.1 rebounds
Dee Bekerja - 6.4 points per game and 3.9 rebounds

UConn's offense is a little more complicated in that its players are all being asked to perform at a different level since Paige, Azzi and Christyn aren't playing. I am not sure if Christyn will be playing this Wednesday or not. Obviously, this prognosis would be portrayed differently if Williams plays than if she doesn't. Since UConn's line-up is absent key players its usual high octane offense has been tamped down considerably and now depends on getting points off their defense. Points per game needed to be adjusted as per the last 6 games in order to account for adjustments made by the absence of Paige, Azzi and Christyn: The numbers below in parenthesis are adjusted numbers for the last 6 games. Over the last 6 games UConn's top seven players has averaged 79.9 points a game and 38.8 rebounds.

Caroline Ducharme - 12. 1 (18.6) points per game and 3.5 (4.6) rebounds.
Christyn Williams - 14.6 (17) points per game and 3.5 (5.3) rebounds
Olivia Nelson-Ododa - 8.5 (12.2) points per game and 10.1 (10.1) rebounds
Evina Westbrook - 9.5 (8.6) points per game and 3.9 (2.9) rebounds
Dorka Juhasz - 7.1 (9.3) points per game and 6.2 (6.3) rebounds
Aaliyah Edwards - 6.7 (8.1) points per game and 4.1 (4.8) rebounds
Nika Muhl - 3.1 (6.1) points per game and 3.2 (4.8) rebounds

I believe the important stat here is UConn holds teams to 57.6 points per game while DePaul's defense is less potent and allows its opponents to score 75.9 points per game. Also because Williams may be a no-show for Wednesday the prognosis must be scaled down and the margin of error for UConn is extremely small.

I am going to go with UConn: 71 DePaul: 67

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’m very conflicted about this game.
With the same number of players available as in the past two games I’m not sure that UCONN has either the stamina or the composure to close out a close game.
I could see a small lead evaporating in the 4th due to fatigue and lack of composure.
Close near the end-DePaul presses hard and ekes out a close win.
The alternative is that UCONN plays
within themselves, runs when its there, and pulls it out when its not and works for a good shot.
Uses its size advantage to get inside shots as well as second shots.
I’ll go with the alternative approach
UCONN—79
DePaul—-66

sun

Reaction Score
UConn Huskies 80 - DePaul Blue Demons 73

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am so excited for this game! DePaul likes to push the tempo and I believe we can run with them. I read some where, we are 48-1 against DePaul. Wow! With that being said, I am going with:

UConn: 78

DePaul: 60

Let's go, Huskies!!
Geno had mentioned after the St John game that he wanted to slow the pace because of our lack if bench

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
ONO and Edwards MUST stay out of foul trouble guarding their leading scorer (20.3) and rebounder (12.5), freshman Aneesah Morrow. If either of them has to sit, DeBerry will have to play. Morrow WILL show up. She has for every game against a ranked opponent. Morrow will have a double double Wednesday. I'd like for ONO to have one also. UConn must contain her or it's going to be a long night. UConn MUST limit their turnovers because DePaul will convert a good number of them into points. All 5 starters are averaging double figures. DePaul is averaging 92 ppg. DePaul women's BB team stats.

UCONN 81 - DePaul 79

Last edited:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Some thoughts:
So far, 2 pages of predictions...all UConn...no DePaul takers?

I checked the DePaul roster and playing time...5 players play most of the game
2 subs (together) play the equivilant of one starter.
2 more play a quarter of a game each.
Not a big advantage for DePaul

We have height and enough rest
Should win, perhaps not handily...
I'm not particularly confident in that prediction though
Hard to believe no DePaul takers.

Reaction Score
UCONN 78
DePaul 71

Geno somehow has an edge on his buddy, Doug Bruno!
UCONN comes from behind to win!

Reaction Score
Some thoughts:
So far, 2 pages of predictions...all UConn...no DePaul takers?

I checked the DePaul roster and playing time...5 players play most of the game
2 subs (together) play the equivilant of one starter.
2 more play a quarter of a game each.
Not a big advantage for DePaul

We have height and enough rest
Should win, perhaps not handily...
I'm not particularly confident in that prediction though
Hard to believe no DePaul takers.
I suppose this being a UCONN Board with primarily UCONN fans that the Team must have gained the confidence of their Fans to predict them to win.... But you missed Post #22 as regards "no DePaul takers"

Reaction Score
We control the boards, more fluid on offense and play with a solid determination. This is a serious Big East game in every respect.
Uconn 81 -68

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom