Pro Day today | The Boneyard

Pro Day today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Will Dez or anyone else be giving us an update?

Good luck to all the guys!

Reaction Score
I know that Chip from the new haven register will be covering uconn's pro day. so check his tweets or blog for updates later today

Reaction Score
Here's some inside info for the Boneyard:

Teams represented so far are Eagles, Giants, Steelers, Packers, Seahawks, Titans, Pats, Bucs, Niners, Cards, Saints, Ravens, Rams, Falcons, Jags, Panthers, Lions and Texans. This list was assembled as of yesterday afternoon. There may have been other arrivals or sign-ups since.

Rock

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
dez starting to put stuff on twitter

#uconnproday

so far today:
Desmond Conner@desmondconner
Big Mike Ryan racks 225 on the bench 32 times! #UConnFootball #UConnproday

3m Desmond Conner@desmondconner
Moe Petrus 19 reps of 225 on bench #UConnproday

1h Bobby Puyol@BobbyPuyol

#UConnFootball RT @MarcusEasley: Big day out in Storrs...Best of luck to all my former teammates chasing their dream #UConnProDay

1h Marcus Easley@MarcusEasley
Big day out in Storrs...Best of luck to all my former teammates chasing their dream #UConnProDay

Reaction Score
How is that terrible news for Petrus?

Peter Konz, who is considered the top C in the draft only did 18. Centers don't usually put up the weight of a DT, or even other olinemen. i think palatine's being a little dramatic...which is shocking

Reaction Score
If Petrus wanted to open eyes that an event he needed. It a poor number for an offensive lineman.

There was only one 19 at the combine by a center. And it was the lowest number of the true centers, the best was 41. The rest of the centers were from 22-29.

Reaction Score
Are Des's videos on twitter working for anyone? I'm having no luck.

Reaction Score
If Petrus wanted to open eyes that an event he needed. It a poor number for an offensive lineman.

There was only one 19 at the combine by a center. And it was the lowest number of the true centers, the best was 41. The rest of the centers were from 22-29.

Bench max has much less significance for a center than the other OLine poisitons. Bench max is supposed to show "punch" power and upper body explosion which is key to G and T, but Centers rarely get a chance to punch the DLine because they are already in the defensive position having to first snap the ball. If he did 12 reps that would be an issue, but 19 is good enough. He is more apt to make an impression with his smarts since center is the OLine QB and footwork skill.

Reaction Score
FYI, Kash did 19 at 180 lbs.

Thats a great number for a guy his size.

Looks like mike Ryan hurt his left knee according to dez. None of his pictures or videos are working for me either.

Reaction Score

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=83386&draftyear=2012&genpos=C

are you just in fact denial? i agree if he wanted to really open eyes he could have used 25-30, but the highest rated C prospect did 18. it can't be questioned, not that i expect you to say you're wrong

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=83386&draftyear=2012&genpos=C

are you just in fact denial? i agree if he wanted to really open eyes he could have used 25-30, but the highest rated C prospect did 18. it can't be questioned, not that i expect you to say you're wrong
I think the true answer is somewhere in the middle of you two. Obviously NFL evaluators don't think that highly of Petrus, which is why he wasn't invited to the combine. The 19 reps isn't so low that it's going to scare anyone away, but Petrus needed to open up eyes and that number didn't do it either. Hopefully he opened some eyes in positional drills, which are certainly more important.

Reaction Score
Here is a quote from NFL.com regarding the Bench Press

"Bench press repetitions of 225 are the standard. This is more than just an exercise for the biggest and strongest linemen. Most all players need upper body strength to excel. Even those at the "finesse" positions, such as wide receiver, use their arms and shoulders to release from, or shield, their opponents. Scouts don't get overly concerned with bench press numbers for a receiver or a quarterback, but the test is critical for offensive and defensive lineman. A lineman benching fewer than 20 times raises red flags."

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Also off the NFL.com website-

Bench pressThe bench press is a test of strength -- 225 pounds, as many reps as the athlete can get. What the NFL scouts are also looking for is endurance. Anybody can do a max one time, but what the bench press tells the pro scouts is how often the athlete frequented his college weight room for the last 3-5 years.

I've seen this quote in a few different versions several times. In order to bench 225 lbs 20+ times, it takes time, energy and effort over an extended period of time in the weight room.

Another knock on Moe is that he is in his mid-20's already. He's a finished product compared to most of the prospects. What you see is what you get.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The headline in the Courant said, "Wilburn Stands Out During UConn Football Pro Day." That has to mean something and I'm not so sure it's that good.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The headline in the Courant said, "Wilburn Stands Out During UConn Football Pro Day." That has to mean something and I'm not so sure it's that good.

It means he underachieved on football field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom