• We got no choice

Votes: 305 46.9%
  • Stay in the Big East

Votes: 251 38.6%
  • Are we there yet?

Votes: 94 14.5%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Time will tell. Why did the ACC culturally "dislike" us?
A couple years of poor football after a Fiesta Bowl and BC blocking were convenient factors that obscured the fact that, in my opinion, the South doesn’t like the Northeast, and we are behind the 8 ball with anything involving joining Southern conferences. In my opinion, we would have had to be a consistent 9-win team for them to consider overlooking the fact that we are a Northern school.

Reaction Score
This is just further evidence of what I said last week, you're in the club or not in the club. Same with Tramel's comments. It solidifies the crystal clear reality that if you do get a chance to "join the club", you have to take it.
Not UConn fans. B1G or bust baby.

Reaction Score
and the UConn gilgamesh, Jeff Hathaway
Well. He dodges the bullet cause Herbst canned him and put an interim AD in place that in hindsight came off looking like he couldn't distinguish his left shoe from his right when the emails were leaked.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Not UConn fans. B1G or bust baby.
Jumping from the BE, with football as an independent, to the B1G is quite a step. This will be compounded by the fact that unless our football program can somehow develop a sufficient enough following to land a TV contract that would at least cut into the difference between what a true major all sports conference earns and what we will get from the BE, there may not be much left to our athletic department by the time the B1G opens their doors.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This is just further evidence of what I said last week, you're in the club or not in the club. Same with Tramel's comments. It solidifies the crystal clear reality that if you do get a chance to "join the club", you have to take it.

These University Presidents would push each other in front of a high speed train in a heartbeat so let's not pretend there is any loyalty between any of them.

Reaction Score
A couple years of poor football after a Fiesta Bowl and BC blocking were convenient factors that obscured the fact that, in my opinion, the South doesn’t like the Northeast, and we are behind the 8 ball with anything involving joining Southern conferences. In my opinion, we would have had to be a consistent 9-win team for them to consider overlooking the fact that we are a Northern school.
BC is not in the south. Nor Syracuse has really seemed to advocate for us. The only good thing to come out of these snubs is that through it all they've continued to kick ass in BB. And BC despite a decade plus advantage of being P5 vs us G5, basically trotted out a mirroe image FB program out there last year.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
These University Presidents would push each other in front of a high speed train in a heartbeat so let's not pretend there is any loyalty between any of them.
I doubt that anyone is pretending that. In fact the only comments that make it sound as if any of this is not business decisions and only business decisions are the narrow minded saps whi believe that playing PC is more important than remaining at a high level as an athletic program.

Reaction Score
Jumping from the BE, with football as an independent, to the B1G is quite a step. This will be compounded by the fact that unless our football program can somehow develop a sufficient enough following to land a TV contract that would at least cut into the difference between what a true major all sports conference earns and what we will get from the BE, there may not be much left to our athletic department by the time the B1G opens their doors.
B1G is a pipe dream to all but some BB fans.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
BC is not in the south. Nor Syracuse has really seemed to advocate for us. The only good thing to come out of these snubs is that through it all they've continued to kick ass in BB. And BC despite a decade plus advantage of being P5 vs us G5, basically trotted out a mirroe image FB program out there last year.
BC, Syracuse and Rutgers all flailing away despite the advantages they have been given probably makes us a harder sell than if they were thriving.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Chelsea Peretti No GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I’m afraid that unanimous approval from Big 12 basketball coaches means diddly squat. It feels like the football people are wondering what the he11 Yormark is doing with this UConn talk.

I think those of us in and around the program feel like Mora is more than capable of making UConn competitive in the Big 12. But I don’t think anyone outside the state of Connecticut will see things that way. I think the fact that a guy like Mora took this job in the state the program was in says a lot about the potential of UConn football.

Reaction Score
Lol, what does that even mean?

What we're seeing in the Trammell article is that an off-campus stadium is considered a detriment to our conference realignment chances.
I’m not so sure the article is saying that. It seems to imply the issue is that the stadium is state-owned and that we get a subsidy from the state The location of the stadium is just kind of mentioned. A lower state subsidy would be less of a big deal if we get a giant payout from a new conference.

Reaction Score
The question at this point is whether anyone not in the Big Ten or SEC is part of that club. I know it's an interesting off-season topic, but I really think anything that happens now that doesn't involve those two conferences will be rendered moot in ten years time.

Reaction Score
BC, Syracuse and Rutgers all flailing away despite the advantages they have been given probably makes us a harder sell than if they were thriving.
Easy counter argument is, "you see them flailing away in BB also? Couldn't be us!"

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
A positive conference realignment tweet from Brett McMurphy about UConn? Never thought I'd see it.
Yeah and that’s probably the least positive way he could spin what he was told. This could be real confirmation things are in motion.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Well got the text from my dad today that a connected WVU alum at the country club says the all sports B12 invite is coming. Must be true!!!!!! Texts from dad have never let me down. :D
I really hope country club isn't the new car wash.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom