Poll Will Muffet McGraw be at the Draft Tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Poll Will Muffet McGraw be at the Draft Tonight

Will Muffet McGraw be at the WNBA Draft Tonight

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is pretty much uncharted territory. How did Pat act when Candace left early? Did she attend the draft etc?

If Ivey would attend it would be a nice touch but given the circomstances I don't think any of the coaching staff should be expected to attend.

I give Muffet a pass on this one.

Good question. When Candace Parker told Pat that she was considering opting for the WNBA draft, Pat did not express her opinion regarding Candace's choice. Sometime later Candace asked Pat: "Why didn't you ask me to stay?" Pat's response was: "If I had asked you to stay, you would have. I wanted it to be your decision."

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
if Muffet DOES NOT go....then any respect I have left for her will be GONE......if she doesn't go, then that will speak volumes about how she feels about her players. It will mean its all about HER.
She may not be welcome. Can she just "show up" if Loyd doesn't want her to be there? I voted "no", but think she should ask Loyd.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I would prefer her to back someone even though she doesn't agree with her decision. And I haven't heard when Loyd made her decision to go pro. Maybe she got sick and tired of sitting in the locker room while UONN was on the floor celebrating and saw a way to avoid that next year. This would be a tragic way to end what appeared to be a great relationship between a coach and a player.

If in fact Loyd didn't make this decision until after the game and in response to another loss, then my oh my, that sure would be an impetuous decision. Personally, I think she had her mind up before the game.

I know there are pros and cons about whether she should have told Muffet ahead of time. I wonder if holding it in affected her performance during the tournament, at whatever point in time going forward that she had made up her mind.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that Muffet will be there as long as Loyd does not object. The reason is that Loyd will be probably the number 1 pick. How many of those did ND have in the past? None that I can remember...this can be used in future recruiting by ND...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'll be pleasantly surprised if she goes. If I'm Jewell, I'm not sure I want her there.

Reaction Score
I think she goes. If nothing else, she has to think how it looks to recruits. Take some pride, like the men's coaches. Don't give players the impression you think only of your own interests. Be a trusted counselor.

She got burned by her behavior, or perceived behavior, at a ceremony honoring a player last year. She won't let it happen again.

Nothing but pluses for attending. An image of being supportive of her players even if she doesn't agree.

Nothing but negatives for not attending. Petulant, vindictive, unsupportive.

To an outsider, seems an easy choice. But we don't know what went on behind the scenes.

Yeah, after reading your post (and Jewell's USA Today article) I hope she takes the high road and attends- "is there for her".

We'll see.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Muffet has been outspoken that Jewel did not make a correct decision to enter the draft. Will she be at the Draft Tonight?
Muffett can either go and support her player or have a fit and stay away. How will it look to her current players or future recruits if she doesn't show up?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Muffet will not attend the Draft per ND SID Chris Masters

https://twitter.com/NDsidMasters

Had several inquiries on whether @MuffetMcGraw will attend tonight's @WNBA Draft. Coach had several prior commitments for today, commitments scheduled long ago and made on the expectation that @ndwbb would not have anyone invited to this year's WNBA Draft. The decision by @jloyd32 to enter the draft, and the subsequent announcement she would be invited to attend the draft itself, came too late for Coach to reschedule any of those commitments.

Reaction Score
Muffet will not attend the Draft per ND SID Chris Masters

https://twitter.com/NDsidMasters

Had several inquiries on whether @MuffetMcGraw will attend tonight's @WNBA Draft. Coach had several prior commitments for today, commitments scheduled long ago and made on the expectation that @ndwbb would not have anyone invited to this year's WNBA Draft. The decision by @jloyd32 to enter the draft, and the subsequent announcement she would be invited to attend the draft itself, came too late for Coach to reschedule any of those commitments.
if little Ms. Muffet wanted to be there, she would be there. I strongly doubt there is anything so important she couldn't reschedule to be there for her kid.

JS

Reaction Score
Coach had several prior commitments for today, . . . too late for Coach to reschedule any of those commitments.
Hmmm. In the worlds of politics and international relations, unspecified "prior commitments" has a certain meaning, i.e., "I'm snubbing you, but I won't say so."

It really was short notice. Can't judge the prior commitments. Hopefully not like the prom date turn-down a friend of mine once endured: "I have to go shopping with my mother."

Next question: Do all possible team representatives -- Niele Ivey has been floated here -- also have prior commitments?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Doug Feinberg tweeted all ND Coaches had prior commitments, so none will be in attendance.

I can see that Muffet might not be available, but hard to believe that all ND Coaches had commitments that could not be broken so that one could attend.

Reaction Score
Not only was Muffet not there, Loyd in her interview with Holly thanked her family, friends and teammates, with no mention of her coach.
Everybody can't be BFFs. Helps if you wanna be NC tho.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that Muffet will be there as long as Loyd does not object. The reason is that Loyd will be probably the number 1 pick. How many of those did ND have in the past? None that I can remember...this can be used in future recruiting by ND...

I'll be shocked if Loyd is the number one pick!

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Well Geno isn't there due to other commitments, and he knew years in advance...

Article a few weeks ago said Geno was plaanning trip to Napa before his US team training camp in Las Vegas in May. Methinks he deserves a little time off.

Reaction Score
Article a few weeks ago said Geno was plaanning trip to Napa before his US team training camp in Las Vegas in May. Methinks he deserves a little time off.
No problemo - I'm sure he handled it with his proteges well in advance

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Muffett can either go and support her player or have a fit and stay away. How will it look to her current players or future recruits if she doesn't show up?
doesn't look like anything... as long as they fulfill their commitment

Geno had the greatest 3 point shooter in the history of WCBB getting drafted, whom he has a wonderful relationship with and he wasnt there (prior commitments my foot)... but we expect Muffett to be there smh

Reaction Score
doesn't look like anything... as long as they fulfill their commitment

Geno had the greatest 3 point shooter in the history of WCBB getting drafted, whom he has a wonderful relationship with and he wasnt there (prior commitments my foot)... but we expect Muffett to be there smh
Curious why he wouldn't be there when he was there last year- I didn't follow the years before.

What up wit dat?

And let's all be honest- they wouldn't have won it without KML.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I am assuming Muffet didn't clap, as well, wherever she was. All of the coaches missing does sound something like a freeze out.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Geno will be in Las Vegas with national team in early May. A while back, it was mentioned that he was headed to Napa for some time off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom