Will Muffet McGraw be at the WNBA Draft Tonight

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Muffet has been outspoken that Jewel did not make a correct decision to enter the draft. Will she be at the Draft Tonight?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I made a mistake in the title on my thread about the Jordan Classic. The game is Friday. However I'm sure there are practices going on which would allow Muffet and other coaches to see their recruits practice. It would seem that it would be a good bus trip for the players to go to the WNBA Draft. Probably the WNBA didn't even think about it.

probably will be at the Jordan game this afternoon

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Does Muffet have any other players in the draft? If not, her presence may depend on whether or not Loyd invited her.

HGN

Reaction Score
I Voted 'No'..........But I think it would be great if she is there. I honestly hope she does show up. Would be a nice jesture to Jewell that would say..." I support you even if I don't agree with you leaving."

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I voted yes.

Unlike some other coaches and programs we could cite, McGraw has shown a history of being able to walk back from being testy. She and Geno made amends from the frostiness that dominated the 2014 NC. I think that unless her relationship with Loyd was really worse than we realize, and that Jewel made it clear that she didn't want her there, I think McGraw would want to be present, even if she is still angry/hurt/bitter.

In past decade, ND has been the second best team in the country year in and year out. I don't believe that head coaches are likely to produce consistently excellent results if they are jerks and aren't genuinely caring of their players. Yes, they make mistakes and say and do things they regret, but those moments are rare.

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
if Muffet DOES NOT go....then any respect I have left for her will be GONE................if she doesn't go, then that will speak volumes about how she feels about her players. It will mean its all about HER......

Reaction Score
I Voted 'No'.....But I think it would be great if she is there. I honestly hope she does show up. Would be a nice jesture to Jewell that would say..." I support you even if I don't agree with you leaving."
It would say a lot about the type of person she is. If she is not there you would have to think she is a bit vengeful.

Reactions: HGN
Reaction Score
I voted for Pedro.
th

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I honestly hope that she has the courage of her convictions, and doesn't go - if she truly feels that Loyd is making a mistake, and believes that Loyd lied to her, then, I don't think she should go. It's not about revenge, or "all about her" - it's about putting personal integrity before public posture.

Reaction Score
I honestly hope that she has the courage of her convictions, and doesn't go - if she truly feels that Loyd is making a mistake, and believes that Loyd lied to her, then, I don't think she should go. It's not about revenge, or "all about her" - it's about putting personal integrity before public posture.
I'm not sure I think it is about integrity or public opinion. It should be about her girl. She should put whatever differences aside and be there for her athlete who gave her 3 great years. You don't need to agree with everything your player does, but this is too big of a moment in Loyd's life not to share with her. If Loyd wants her there she should go.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Taking a long term view of this, Muffet should at the draft. The impact of not going is far worse for her and the program. As the older adult, just take the high road. Who knows, maybe Jewell at some point will tell her in private why she did what she did, and what she was going through.

Reaction Score
Grumpy McGrumpster will not be there. She will be too busy trying to get over being the runner up four out of the five years and losing a big reason she has been there the last three....

Reaction Score
This should be a joyous night for Jewell. If things are frosty between them, there's no sense in going. Another option is sending a surrogate like Niele Ivey.
Always thought Ivey was a class act. I like this idea.

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
I voted "no" because I felt that ND as a university would not want to encourage "dropping out" or not graduating.

Reaction Score
I voted "no" because I felt that ND as a university would not want to encourage "dropping out" or not graduating.
This is pretty much uncharted territory. How did Pat act when Candace left early? Did she attend the draft etc?

If Ivey would attend it would be a nice touch but given the circomstances I don't think any of the coaching staff should be expected to attend.

I give Muffet a pass on this one.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This should be a joyous night for Jewell. If things are frosty between them, there's no sense in going. Another option is sending a surrogate like Niele Ivey.

I like that option much better :D

Reaction Score
I would prefer her to back someone even though she doesn't agree with her decision. And I haven't heard when Loyd made her decision to go pro. Maybe she got sick and tired of sitting in the locker room while UONN was on the floor celebrating and saw a way to avoid that next year. This would be a tragic way to end what appeared to be a great relationship between a coach and a player.

HGN

Reaction Score
It would say a lot about the type of person she is. If she is not there you would have to think she is a bit vengeful.
I agree.....I too hope she is not vengeful......Though I think she could be.

JS

Reaction Score
I think she goes. If nothing else, she has to think how it looks to recruits. Take some pride, like the men's coaches. Don't give players the impression you think only of your own interests. Be a trusted counselor.

She got burned by her behavior, or perceived behavior, at a ceremony honoring a player last year. She won't let it happen again.

Nothing but pluses for attending. An image of being supportive of her players even if she doesn't agree.

Nothing but negatives for not attending. Petulant, vindictive, unsupportive.

To an outsider, seems an easy choice. But we don't know what went on behind the scenes.

Reaction Score

Name one school that would encourage "dropping out" or not graduating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom