Poll Which #2 Seed do you Want in UConn's Bracket | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Poll Which #2 Seed do you Want in UConn's Bracket

Which #2 Seed Do you want in UConn's Bracket

• Total voters

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This after we beat Lexie and Duke right. :D

Aren't you the same clown who asked me how the Lexie Brown thing was working out.. After she had a bad game vs South Carolina?

First team All-Acc. ACC academic player of the year. First team Academic All-American. Was a member of the 50 40 90 Club up until the last game. So I say the Lexie Brown thing is going just fine. Next time wait til the end of the season to ask that stupid question.

Turtle fans squawking because they won the Big 10. Easily the weakest of the power conferences. You guys should send a bouquet of flowers to Purdue for knocking out Ohio State :rolleyes:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I chose Oregon because I think it would be fun IF they got to us, which I doubt. Stanford, nope. The whole Karlie thing and a game a while back makes me a little edgy. Miss St, been there done that. Maryland, same thing.

Reaction Score
Absolutely Stanford...they are good fundamentally but a bit plodding/slow.....Gabby and Phee have a field day. If Lou and Karlie neutralize each other thats a win for us...although my guess is little sis wins the battle against big sis
Are you serious==Karlie neutralize Lou??? Karlie IS playing better basketball, that's true. But would you put Karlie on Lou--Lou would run her ragged in the first quarter--I doubt Stanford has seen the defense and fast moving Offense Uconn presents to the world..
If you Conn is playing their AAA Plus plus plus game that they played against the most recent Fla team, a very good team, they shall be hard to beat. Kia, Napheesa, Chong, Gabby, Lou all throwing up and making 3's --when that happens you pick your poison stop the three give up lay ups---give up rebounds--fast break point begin--

Reaction Score
I chose Oregon because I think it would be fun IF they got to us, which I doubt. Stanford, nope. The whole Karlie thing and a game a while back makes me a little edgy. Miss St, been there done that. Maryland, same thing.
Am them the ducks?? I don't want to meet US Carolina, MD, Baylor---in a dark alley or Bridgeport--ND is better, Tx is better
If I had my choice--I'd pick Va Tech against UC in the final 4--(far fetched ??)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Am them the ducks?? I don't want to meet US Carolina, MD, Baylor---in a dark alley or Bridgeport--ND is better, Tx is better
If I had my choice--I'd pick Va Tech against UC in the final 4--(far fetched ??)

I am sooo confused!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
All this fuss over #2 seeds.. Who to say that a #3,6 or 7 seed wont make the regional final instead.

Reaction Score
Are you serious==Karlie neutralize Lou??? Karlie IS playing better basketball, that's true. But would you put Karlie on Lou--Lou would run her ragged in the first quarter--I doubt Stanford has seen the defense and fast moving Offense Uconn presents to the world..
If you Conn is playing their AAA Plus plus plus game that they played against the most recent Fla team, a very good team, they shall be hard to beat. Kia, Napheesa, Chong, Gabby, Lou all throwing up and making 3's --when that happens you pick your poison stop the three give up lay ups---give up rebounds--fast break point begin--
Broadway...maybe i wasn't clear but what i was trying to say is that worst case, even if Lou and Karlie cancel each other out( although i suspect Lou will have a much better game statistically), then Gabby and Phee will reign. I wasn't trying to imply that Karlie and Lou are of equal skill or will be defending each other. This game will turn on our inside quickness.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
The opportunity for Stanford to book-end the wining streak would probably get some attention; I still say bring on Miss St.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I want Stanford. We still have a few players on the team that were there when we lost to them. There would be a little extra motivation, plus the sibling rivalry, plus the VanDerveer/Lobo drama. Bring on the Trees.

There's no reason for us to be afraid of ANY two seeds in the entire field. They should all be scared of playing us in Bridgeport.

Reaction Score
I want Stanford. We still have a few players on the team that were there when we lost to them. There would be a little extra motivation, plus the sibling rivalry, plus the VanDerveer/Lobo drama. Bring on the Trees.

There's no reason for us to be afraid of ANY two seeds in the entire field. They should all be scared of playing us in Bridgeport.
UConn's already beaten many of the top 10 teams, so there's no reason to fear any of them. VanDerveer spent the entire fall of 2014 drawing up the way to beat UConn in that one game, then Stanford went on to lose a bunch of random WTF games IIRC. Could she do it again? Maybe, but she has a different team now, and would have much less time to prepare. Personally I'd like to see some new blood in the final four (other than us of course). Last year was fun having a bunch of new teams make it with players that I hadn't had the chance to see play.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
UConn's already beaten many of the top 10 teams, so there's no reason to fear any of them. VanDerveer spent the entire fall of 2014 drawing up the way to beat UConn in that one game, then Stanford went on to lose a bunch of random WTF games IIRC. Could she do it again? Maybe, but she has a different team now, and would have much less time to prepare. Personally I'd like to see some new blood in the final four (other than us of course). Last year was fun having a bunch of new teams make it with players that I hadn't had the chance to see play.

UConn had a 10 point lead with 6 minutes to go in the game, and lost their poise and the lead in the last few seconds of regulation; something they very seldom do. But, that game is water under the bridge. We've moved on. Did UConn learn anything from that game? I'd so so. They haven't lost since.

Reaction Score
I was at the Stanford game in 2014. I don't think I'm emotionally capable of handling another streak busting loss to Stanford. And Tara's just clever enough to pull off an upset. Remember, last year, when they played out of their minds and beat N.D. OSU, on a good night, scores in the 60's. I like our chances.

Reaction Score
I'd be really surprised if Stanford is not the 2 seed in Stockton. One of the things they need to take into account is attendance and Stanford is right down the road from Stockton. I don't think you can count on either South Carolina, Baylor, or ND to bring the fans there as the 1 seed. And Oregon State while having solid fan support is a pretty good distance away.

If they were smart:

Bridgeport: 1. UConn 2. Oregon State 3. Duke 4. NC State or Miami

UConn alone maximizes attendance here.

Lexington: 1. Notre Dame 2. Mississippi State 3. Florida State 4. Kentucky

Kentucky if they make the Sweet 16 maximizes attendance. ND is within traveling distance. Mississippi State is in SEC country.

Oklahoma City: 1. South Carolina 2. Maryland 3. Washington 4. Louisville (5. Oklahoma)

Tough region for attendance. S Carolina fans seem to travel well and you can always hope Oklahoma upsets Louisville. Committee also needs to take into account getting the best Final Four matchups to avoid last years anti climatic feel after 3 of the top seeds went down. If S Carolina chokes again you'd have high powered offense of Maryland and Kelsey Plum to take advantage.

Stockton: 1. Baylor 2. Stanford 3. Texas 4. UCLA

Having Stanford here maximizes attendance. UCLA stays in state too. And you double the chance for one of the Texas schools to get a home state team to the Final Four in Dallas which seeing a couple Final Fours haven't even sold out recently should be on the minds of the committee.

Last edited:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
If they were smart:

Bridgeport: 1. UConn 2. Oregon State 3. Duke 4. NC State or Miami

Yikes! I hope not. I'll gladly cede the 4 spot in the Bridgeport regional to Miami.

Reaction Score
Aren't you the same clown who asked me how the Lexie Brown thing was working out.. After she had a bad game vs South Carolina?

First team All-Acc. ACC academic player of the year. First team Academic All-American. Was a member of the 50 40 90 Club up until the last game. So I say the Lexie Brown thing is going just fine. Next time wait til the end of the season to ask that stupid question.

Turtle fans squawking because they won the Big 10. Easily the weakest of the power conferences. You guys should send a bouquet of flowers to Purdue for knocking out Ohio State :rolleyes:

...and if I may add, lower than that cupcake non-power conference called the AAC! ;)

Reaction Score
Broadway...maybe i wasn't clear but what i was trying to say is that worst case, even if Lou and Karlie cancel each other out( although i suspect Lou will have a much better game statistically), then Gabby and Phee will reign. I wasn't trying to imply that Karlie and Lou are of equal skill or will be defending each other. This game will turn on our inside quickness.

Forgive my nitpicking---I did what I detest--picked one word out of the group and called you on it.
I appreciate the reply and the positive attitude--FYI I liked Everything Samuelsons Bonnie, Karlie, Lou!! They are/were all fun to watch. However, Katie Lou owned a big part of my heart her first day as a UConn Husky--She and Gabby, Napheesa all walk on water as far as I'm concerned.

Reaction Score
Could you imagine what the "junk talk" might sound like between them? I'm sure Karlie knows just the right words to say to her sister to knock her off her rhythm (and by judging the family's character and the way they were brought up from what I know from articles, etc. I couldn't imagine it being very trashy)
I don't believe Geno would allow emotions within a sibling rivalry. There's too many great players on this team heavily invested. If there is any noticable affect of this, Geno would bench Lou in a heartbeat.

Reaction Score
I am sooo confused!
Don't be confused--it's not the British Canadian in me it's the French Canadian in me that confuses you---I want UConn to play all Cup Cakes up to and including the final 4.
At this age --I am not allowed too much excitement--just watching Lou, Precious, Gabby is about all my doctor allows. When Kia shows up---way too much.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Don't be confused--it's not the British Canadian in me it's the French Canadian in me that confuses you---I want UConn to play all Cup Cakes up to and including the final 4.
At this age --I am not allowed too much excitement--just watching Lou, Precious, Gabby is about all my doctor allows. When Kia shows up---way too much.

LMAO.

Reaction Score
I don't beblieve Geno would allow emotions within a sibling rivalry. There's too many great players on this team heavily invested. If there is any noticable affect of this, Geno would bench Lou in a heartbeat.
In the past---Geno's typical response to take the media hype off of one of his players (DT) He makes some stupid inflaming media comment that brought down all kinds of personal attack on him by the opponents (in this case Duke--_). He won't bench a great player---sisters have played sisters before--. Lou will rise to the occasion and play Karlie straight up as she will any top player of any team==count on it and she won't sit--should UConn play Stanford, this is a non issue.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom