PHOTOS: Houston may be getting new chrome helmets | Page 3 | The Boneyard

PHOTOS: Houston may be getting new chrome helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
lol -You are reaching now Butch, but I appreciate that you now concede that this particular history goes back 10 years, an instant in college football.
Apart from the first half of the 20th century, it's obvious we've never had a consistent logo besides the "cartoon" husky logo. I don't know the history of logos used in the first half of the 20th century, other than using a "C". Otherwise, this block "C" we have now is probably the longest lasting logo for the football team we've ever had, at least post-1965. And it obviously can be linked to our early years. Except it didn't have a post-modern touch to it back then.

I personally like the "cartoon" husky logo and do not wish to change it. It is a classic logo. It can be used for another 100 years.

Reaction Score
I don't mind them jazzing up the football unis, but I kinda wish they'd keep the current Husky dog logo. So what if it's cartoonish? Lots of collegiate logos are. And it's become synonymous with the UConn brand and our 20+ year basketball tradition of success.

But...change can be a good thing, so whatever they're coming up with for a new design, let's hope it looks good.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know when the new logo will be unveiled?

Reaction Score
Does anyone know when the new logo will be unveiled?
Friends on the dance and golf team both said that the apparel for spring season sports would have the new logo on it. So hopefully soon.

Reaction Score
Friends on the dance and golf team both said that the apparel for spring season sports would have the new logo on it. So hopefully soon.
Thank you.

Reaction Score
20 minutes from when you read this.
I am not completely tuned in with the culture of this message board but can someone please tell me what the "20 minutes" refers to? I know I've seen it mentioned countless times but never asked. And I wish I'd get to see it in 20 minutes. :p I wish they never changed the damn logo. We had a timeless classic. Like the Whalers.

Reaction Score
I am not completely tuned in with the culture of this message board but can someone please tell me what the "20 minutes" refers to? I know I've seen it mentioned countless times but never asked. And I wish I'd get to see it in 20 minutes. :p I wish they never changed the damn logo. We had a timeless classic. Like the Whalers.

4700 posts and you are not tuned into the "20 minutes"? Rookie.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom