PHOTOS: Houston may be getting new chrome helmets | The Boneyard

PHOTOS: Houston may be getting new chrome helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Its amazing that these schools go through all the trouble of creating new uniform combinations when it has no impact on the recruitment of young teenagers who are typically materialistic and want the best of whats available.

Go Huskies! Keep that classic look alive. Protect our history!

Reaction Score
Its amazing that these schools go through all the trouble of creating new uniform combinations when it has no impact on the recruitment of young teenagers who are typically materialistic and want the best of whats available.

How do you know what every single recruit likes?? If it had no impact in recruiting I don't think these schools would go through all the trouble think about that.

Reaction Score
How do you know what every single recruit likes?? If it had no impact in recruiting I don't think these schools would go through all the trouble think about that.

Working with adolescents I can say that many are intrigued by new and exciting things. Not all, but many.

The comment was also being sarcastic. While we sit and monitor the situation, other schools are doing things to make their program more exciting and talked about. If you cannot see that happening then there may not be hope for you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Change generates conversation. Bad changes drive less than desirable conversation. For example, our conference situation. Good change drives desirable conversation like when Oregon was changing their uniforms after what seemed like every quarter. It makes people talk, brings focus to the program. Makes someone who likes in Arkansas say "damn, you see those chrome helmets Rutgers wore last night, those were nice.". It changes national perception.

Its like those who talk about expanding the Rent. Show the media plans, your vision. It doesn't mean you have to do it today, but it gets people talking and interested in the program.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I thinkl this was would look good as an alternative helmet with the chrome replacing the grey.
UConn-Nike-Pro-Combat-Helmet.png

Reaction Score
I thinkl this was would look good as an alternative helmet with the chrome replacing the grey.

If only the powers that be up in Storrs would agree

Reaction Score
It'll be like Rutgers never left.
Ha! True.

As a High School teacher, I frequently see the "OMG, the cool kids are wearing _____ now, so I have to, too!" mentality as kids muddle their way into finding their social comfort zones. I am truthfully shocked Jersey Shore U. got the Big 10 invite and I hope we follow them in a year or two, but I AM glad to have them gone.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Thank God to be rid of a flagship state university that was competitive in football. That's the last thing we need in this conference.

Reaction Score
Thank God to be rid of a flagship state university that was competitive in football. That's the last thing we need in this conference.
You are 100% correct here. My disdain for RU isn't logical. I hate them despite the fact it would be better for UCONN if they were still around.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You are 100% correct here. My disdain for RU isn't logical. I hate them despite the fact it would be better for UCONN if they were still around.

I hate them too. That is why it's enjoyable to you know... play them.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Chrome helmet,blue dog,and outlined in white pinstripe,lightem up new head coach new helmet.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure the new technology could improve the depth of the Blue background even if we choose to keep the block C as the main bonnet. We should add something new but I don't want to completely abandon the block C.

Reaction Score
Our current helmet design is one of the best in the country. The dog one above is a cartoon.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

You know how I love that helmet! I've always said that if you take that helmet and darken the blue to our true "national flag" blue, it would look friggin' fantastic!!!:)

EDIT: Picture our line getting into their crouch, all with that helmet on. The ears would appear as if there are four spikes pointed straight at the opposing line! I love it...

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Yeah....and maybe we can have a red puppy tongue glued to their face masks.

I really don't like that helmet mockup. I think it would be cool try different helmet color combos...how about white with blue C....or black helmet with blue C. But I really don't like the dog on the helmet...at least the current incarnation of the dog,

Reaction Score
A dog, especially one that looks cartoonish needs to stay off helmets. Might as well have them skip on the field toting their Marmaduke lunch boxes before each game.

Reaction Score
The current block "C" helmet is actually quite good...has a "Classic" look. That said, the only change I'd make is replacing the "Big East" logo (which is probably going anyway) on the front of the helmet with "UConn"

This would be a simple improvement and go with the "Huskies" that's written on the back of the helmet. In addition, conference affilation is already on the jersey...having it on both the jersey and helmet is redundant.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Yes the current block C helmet is "traditional." Of course it isn't our tradition since we've never used it before the FUHCRE era. The whole point of an alternative helmet is change... to be non-traditional...to create buzz. The current block C has become associated with the university, so I'm not proposing that we drop it. The chrome alternative helmet would be a limited use change. I think it would be welcomed by the players. It was something to discuss during off season in any event.

Reaction Score

Yeah, UConn keeps proving on the field: 5-7, 5-7. Does everything (PP) about the program have to be tired and boring?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure the C is old and Edsall brought it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom