Pasqualoni Beginning to Disappoint | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Pasqualoni Beginning to Disappoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
The only thing more astonishing than the early prognostications about P's tenure here is the length of this thread. Let me channel my inner Bizlaw and say that we have no reason to assume P will fail- his past record is quite to the contrary, discounting the downturn in his last years at Syracuse. But even good coaches and programs have downturns. All we have to go on is P's coaching history, which overall is pretty impressive. I dunno if we'll win a national championship under PP, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us winn the conference a couple of times, and maybe snag a a big bowl win or 2 as well.

And trust me, I'm not a crazy optimist.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The only thing more astonishing than the early prognostications about P's tenure here is the length of this thread. Let me channel my inner Bizlaw and say that we have no reason to assume P will fail- his past record is quite to the contrary, discounting the downturn in his last years at Syracuse. But even good coaches and programs have downturns. All we have to go on is P's coaching history, which overall is pretty impressive. I dunno if we'll win a national championship under PP, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us winn the conference a couple of times, and maybe snag a a big bowl win or 2 as well.

And trust me, I'm not a crazy optimist.

I'll carry this idea a little further. The man had only 1 losing season in 14 seasons at Syracuse and went to bowls 9 of the 14. He is the winningest coach in Big East Conference history. Two separate professional teams (Miami, Dallas) thought enough of the man's skills to place him as defensive coordinator for their organizations. He knows many of the high schools and high school coaches in the northeast where the bulk of our talent typically comes from, and his time in the Florida and Texas areas may prove to be instrumental in landing a couple of big-time Florida and Texas recruits (Lagow being an example of hopefully many more to come).

And all this is being typed by a person who actually thought highly of Randy Edsall, so I suppose you can now classify me as an Apologista-Pasqualista. I'm here to tell you that both the title and premise of this thread are ridiculous. This team is going to be better in short order. The amount of "three-star" athletes in our recruiting classes is increasing, and I look for us to be the team to beat in the Big East in a couple of years. How's that for "beginning to disappoint"? :cool:

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
This team is going to be better in short order. The amount of "three-star" athletes in our recruiting classes is increasing, and I look for us to be the team to beat in the Big East in a couple of years. How's that for "beginning to disappoint"? :cool:

By not losing them all?

I was not high on HCPP. A little irked by the whole "approved by the CT HS Coaches" thing, I will admit. But he's the coach and no coach should have les than 4 years.

and after I get off my soapbox, I will also say I am happy with how he handles the team, the media and the games.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
By not losing them all?

??? Really?? I'll temper my response since you tempered yours, and I'll just say that if someone goes 5-7 after having none of his own guys in place and trying to implement a different playing style on both offensive and defensive sides of the ball and a walk-on starting QB and freshman running back, it's not the end of the world. Also, as you've said, he is much better with the media and seems to be better with handling the team (I think it was Sio Moore that said P treats them like men instead of like boys). Recruiting has been as good if not better than past years if you put stock into the ratings services.

At this point in time, there is really nothing....I repeat...NOTHING....to be disappointed about.

Reaction Score
The only thing more astonishing than the early prognostications about P's tenure here is the length of this thread.
\

I agree the length of this thread is astonishing especially when you consider what an epic fail the original post was. Getting on P because Lagow might be getting interest from TCU, and Nebrich decided to move on is absurd. At least when Nebrich moved on it was due to P recruiting someone who was better then him, I still can't figure out why Cundiff left. Cundiff ended up becoming a pro prospect. Maybe he left for the same reason O'Brien left Maryland.

Reaction Score
I like turtles

And scotch.......

Then you my friend should head to Hoboken..

Turtle-Club-Scotch-Tasting.jpg

Reaction Score
I agree the length of this thread is astonishing especially when you consider what an epic fail the original post was. Getting on P because Lagow might be getting interest from TCU, and Nebrich decided to move on is absurd. At least when Nebrich moved on it was due to P recruiting someone who was better then him, I still can't figure out why Cundiff left. Cundiff ended up becoming a pro prospect. Maybe he left for the same reason O'Brien left Maryland.

Or not. Cundiff was recruited by FHCRE, O'Brien was not. Fridge and Edsall are two completely different coaches, with different coaching styles. Safe to assume that O'Brien, and others, didn't like Coach Edsall's style.

How do we know Coach P was recruiting someone better than Nebrich? Especially since we haven't seen the recruit play yet?

Reaction Score
Or not. Cundiff was recruited by FHCRE, O'Brien was not. Fridge and Edsall are two completely different coaches, with different coaching styles. Safe to assume that O'Brien, and others, didn't like Coach Edsall's style.

How do we know Coach P was recruiting someone better than Nebrich? Especially since we haven't seen the recruit play yet?

We did see Whitmer play and he was much better then Nebrich and it doesn't matter that it was a spring game. Whitmer clearly has better passing skills then Nebrich, not to mention pocket presence and the ability to make quick reads and get the ball out.

It's safe to assume that Cundiff and O'Brien each left because both had issues with Edsall. I'm not really going out on a limb there. I'm just pointing that out to defend P not to bash Edsall. The point is that QB's move all the time, its not unique to a Paul Pasqualoni coached team.

Reaction Score
We did see Whitmer play and he was much better then Nebrich and it doesn't matter that it was a spring game. Whitmer clearly has better passing skills then Nebrich, not to mention pocket presence and the ability to make quick reads and get the ball out.

It's safe to assume that Cundiff and O'Brien each left because both had issues with Edsall. I'm not really going out on a limb there. I'm just pointing that out to defend P not to bash Edsall. The point is that QB's move all the time, its not unique to a Paul Pasqualoni coached team.

Misread your post. Thought you were referring to Cochran.

Definitely safe to assume O'Brien left because of conflicts with Edsall. No evidence that that is the reason Cundiff left.

Reaction Score
??? Really?? I'll temper my response since you tempered yours, and I'll just say that if someone goes 5-7 after having none of his own guys in place and trying to implement a different playing style on both offensive and defensive sides of the ball and a walk-on starting QB and freshman running back, it's not the end of the world. Also, as you've said, he is much better with the media and seems to be better with handling the team (I think it was Sio Moore that said P treats them like men instead of like boys). Recruiting has been as good if not better than past years if you put stock into the ratings services.

At this point in time, there is really nothing....I repeat...NOTHING....to be disappointed about.

Well, as of yet he has not done any goofy dances for us to mock...

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score

I needed sarcasm font to point out my thought, I read these threads and they sure do spiral. I was not mocking the coach, rather those who would see him go 0-12 so they could justify getting rid of him.

I like what HCPP has done with the place. I see his plan. It is a good plan.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I needed sarcasm font to point out my thought, I read these threads and they sure do spiral. I was not mocking the coach, rather those who would see him go 0-12 so they could justify getting rid of him.

I like what HCPP has done with the place. I see his plan. It is a good plan.

By the time I reach page #14 of a thread like this, the spirals are mostly in my head. :confused: I should have picked up on the sarcasm!

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Who are you kidding? This thread, or one exactly like it will likely be up after the first half of the UMass game.

Reaction Score
Mother of God! 15 pages? Vince Lombardi isn't worth 15 pages, never mind PP

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Mother of God! 15 pages? Vince Lombardi isn't worth 15 pages, never mind PP

Welcome to the Boneyard. For more on that, check out the "ACC" thread in the realignment tab. I'm quite positive the ACC doesn't deserve the amount of pages they got out of us either!! :eek:

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
without that 100+ page thread about the acc on the CR board, there media contract with espn would have been 1 mil less per team. they should be thankful.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Never understood the request to "lock" a thread. Why? What's the damage? Why would some care that much?

Reaction Score
He took the "re" off. That makes it OK in his mind.
I've seen it a few times lately, not just from Jarhead. It is an offensive term and one that really has no place in a discussion board like this any more than any other slur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom