Pasqualoni Beginning to Disappoint | The Boneyard

Pasqualoni Beginning to Disappoint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He speaks alot but shares less information than Belichick. We finally are developing a football fan base and seem to say little to nothing. Losing Nebrich just plain hurts. He should have started last year but coach indecision played the trickster despite the results. We really should have won at least three more games than we did. Now the kid from Texas is getting the attention he deserves and I'm thinking he will play his college football in Texas. He may very well be a nice man but we are still boring offensively, and despite all his folksy sayings and platitudes I think he was a bad hire. I don't envision him taking this program up. We may not fall far but he does not strike me as a leader, more of a PR guy with local connections. Now let the arrows fly.

Reaction Score
Didn't you think it was cool he discovered the kid from Texas first. What about how early he found ogundecko. He kept last years class intact, his football camp got great reviews. The man is the big east winningest coach with thirty something years college experience. He has us scoring touchdowns on offense Look. We r lucky he took the job.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
You know, I see thread titles like this, and fill with rage at the sheer lunacy of some of our fan base. And I click on it, just waiting to read the misinformed rationale, and how I'm going to pick it apart point by point.

And then I take a deep breath, and it's just. not. worth. it.

Come back when you've learned as much football as P has forgotten, mmkay?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
You know, I see thread titles like this, and fill with rage at the sheer lunacy of some of our fan base. And I click on it, just waiting to read the misinformed rationale, and how I'm going to pick it apart point by point.

And then I take a deep breath, and it's just. not. worth. it.

Come back when you've learned as much football as P has forgotten, mmkay?

Yeah, but you have to admit, Pasqualoni offered that kid from Texas, and then the kid said that he accepted. And we all know that other people are going to be like, hey, that kid is good. And like, Pasqualoni should have known that!! DON'T OFFER REALLY GOOD PLAYERS, PASQUALONI, YOU IDIOT!!! Now we only have like a 95% chance to keep the kid! Way to go, dummy!! :eek:

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
More weird!

My bro works in Seoul... I told him that if I'm not partying with this guy the next time I visit, I'll be HUGELY disappointed...

Reaction Score
I didn't realize that Fortebleedsblue had two Boneyard accounts.

pj

Reaction Score
I assume you're trying to be funny. It didn't work.

He speaks alot but shares less information than Belichick. We finally are developing a football fan base and seem to say little to nothing.

He shares more than Belichik, and he's honest. There are worse things than a laconic coach.

Losing Nebrich just plain hurts. He should have started last year but coach indecision played the trickster despite the results.

I wish Michael the best, but he wasn't the best QB here. And he wasn't ready to play last year.

We really should have won at least three more games than we did.

Every fan base in college football believes that.

Now the kid from Texas is getting the attention he deserves and I'm thinking he will play his college football in Texas.

Remains to be seen. We have strengths TCU doesn't -- facilities, Shane Day. TCU has taken 4 QBs in the last 2 years, including a highly rated 4* who will be a true frosh this fall. They don't need him. I don't think he necessarily values being close to home above every other consideration.

He may very well be a nice man but we are still boring offensively, and despite all his folksy sayings and platitudes I think he was a bad hire. I don't envision him taking this program up. We may not fall far but he does not strike me as a leader, more of a PR guy with local connections. Now let the arrows fly.

Crazy talk, and extraordinarily insulting. We're committed to the passing game, see Shane Day hiring, recruitment of TEs and WRs and pass-catching RBs and FBs and big pass-blocking OL. PP is by far the winningest coach in the Big East and a 70% winning percentage career, an NFL coordinator. He is already taking this program up, we're poised to have our best year. He's a football guy through and through.

With fans like this, who needs trolls?

Reaction Score
Wow, just wow! First of all, last year was a learning experience. P. gets hired @ a month before signing day & STILL signs players recruited by FHCRE. Then he & the staff begin to install their own Offensive & defensive schemes. A more diversified attack on offense & an attacking defense are shown (both philosophies which I agree with, by the way). There are growing pains as players learn their assignments on the fly, but progress is shown toward the end of the season. Now a player recruited for the offense of the old guard decides to leave, a high school recruit is purportedly exploring where he wants to attend college, & hysteria is beginning to set in?
Sometimes this board is comic relief early in the morning!
Three weeks until UMass. What else will we be talking about in Bizarro World?

Reaction Score
He speaks alot but shares less information than Belichick. We finally are developing a football fan base and seem to say little to nothing. Losing Nebrich just plain hurts. He should have started last year but coach indecision played the trickster despite the results. We really should have won at least three more games than we did. Now the kid from Texas is getting the attention he deserves and I'm thinking he will play his college football in Texas. He may very well be a nice man but we are still boring offensively, and despite all his folksy sayings and platitudes I think he was a bad hire. I don't envision him taking this program up. We may not fall far but he does not strike me as a leader, more of a PR guy with local connections. Now let the arrows fly.

None of them say anything. Should be allowed to at least develop a trend, say 3 years. That would define it. Not surprising a dark cloud attracts Waylon. You Chummed the waters, congrats.

Reaction Score
Can somebody post a picture Eeyore? Under a rain cloud?

A lot of people will write anything to get a reaction - it's tough sometimes to make a call if somebody is being serious or not.

Nebrich had a lot of potential at UConn. You don't win games with potential, and Nebrich didn't win any games for us.

Pasqualoni on the other hand? He's a coach with potential, a guy that has coached teams to a 112-66- 1 record in division 1-A college football.

We'll see what season two brings, but season one got us 5 wins. I expect significantly more than 5 this year.

As for recruiting, all you need to do, is get on the same field with the entire roster this year, and compare what you see, to what was on the field, 3 years ago.

We look like a 1-A team now.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Ugggh! well while were at it we may as well bring up you know who's name. (RE) really send some people over the edge. Repeat after me THE SEASON HASN'T EVEN STARTED YET!

Reaction Score
As for recruiting, all you need to do, is get on the same field with the entire roster this year, and compare what you see, to what was on the field, 3 years ago.

We look like a 1-A team now.

Not meant as a flame but I've seen this comment before and I really don't know what it means. PP has had 1 year of recruiting and now we "look" like a 1-A team? We've had some pretty good teams with good OL, RB, ST, etc. in the past. Why does this team finally "look" like a 1-A team? Like I said, I'm not trying to flame but most experts pick us 6 or 7th out of an eight team conference.

What are you seeing that is so revolutionary?

Reaction Score
i don't know how we didn't look like a 1A team manhandling South Carolina up and down the field in Birmingham. we've looked like a 1A team for a while now, so i really don't understand this comment either. we have some positions that look better than 3 years ago but we also start some players that don't look as good as 3 years ago. i like where the team is heading but i don't understand the slight against our previous teams. I'd take Donald Brown, Robert Vaughn and Lawrence Wilson on this year's team in a heartbeat

Reaction Score
Not meant as a flame but I've seen this comment before and I really don't know what it means. PP has had 1 year of recruiting and now we "look" like a 1-A team? We've had some pretty good teams with good OL, RB, ST, etc. in the past. Why does this team finally "look" like a 1-A team? Like I said, I'm not trying to flame but most experts pick us 6 or 7th out of an eight team conference.

What are you seeing that is so revolutionary?

I think the premise is PP is getting bigger, faster more physically developed players.

Reaction Score
Its like two sides of extremism. On one side pasqauloni is a bum, a.k.a. The mummy, he"s outdated, he"s completely failed as a coach, his players dont believe in him, and he"s a lost cause. Then you have the other extreme, where pasqauloni, has built this second tier program up, he"s completely transformed the talent on the team with his world class recruiting efforts. He"s given the team instant credibility with his know how, guidance and knowlege. And even though the team went 5-7, he"s brought real football to ct, cause after all the program wasnt much before him, he"s reinvented football, and dominated the northeast.

Reaction Score
Since the premise here, or at least the most important one, seems to be that losing Nebrich is a serious blow, I'd just like to read the reasons that is the case. He was the backup quarterback last year. he remains the backup quarterback this year. Unless you are certain that Whitmer won't cut it, how do you make the case that losing him is so serious? What does he bring that we won't have?

Reaction Score
We had all americam heavier rb's. , Bigger faster than Lutrus, Lloyd, Wilson? An OLine 30lbs heavier/man?, 3-6' 4" Qbs?, Larger FB.

Reaction Score
There was no reason for the initial post or the thread. We know how season 1 went and have said everything about it already. Nothing that has happened in camp to date should have any effect on how anyone views P, because nothing has happened that isn't part of college football.

Let's win some football games. There will be plenty of time for recrimination if and when we are losing football games. But we haven't lost any since the first weekend of December in '11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom