Pasqualoni Beginning to Disappoint | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Pasqualoni Beginning to Disappoint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think better recruiting(depth wise) translates on the field. I still don't think were on the same level as Ville, Rutgers, Cincy yet, and it shows since 2005 Uconn is a combined 7-14 vs. these teams. I agree have been better recently 3-6 in last 3. Let the upward trend continue.

Reaction Score
You can't judge a coach within the first two years, recruiting-wise. Heck, in NCAA Football 12, I brought in a Top 30 class and a Top 10 class in my first two years and my 3rd year was still tough because my recruits were only true sophs or RS sophs. It takes a few years to develop the recruits into legitimate players.

Reaction Score
I did a few linda blair's trying to figure this one out, but then it clicked - #1, you (and I think others too) are interchanging the idea/word talent - with physical differences . I've been talkign about physical differences, mostly vertically in the roster. My fault probably for not making the clear distinction that I'm not saying our incoming players are better than prior incoming players. They are physically different though.

As for the too logical question? As recruiting relates to winning?

Well that all depends on the size of your truth table as compared to mine.

Enough. I very, very much would like to see P improve the program. I personally will refrain from congratulating him for doing so until it's done, but that is obviously just me.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Enough. I very, very much would like to see P improve the program. I personally will refrain from congratulating him for doing so until it's done, but that is obviously just me.

Oh no. It's not just you.

Reaction Score
I'm a fair person, that is a legitimate point. I don't really feel like doing any research tonight, but I still am not sold on the concept that:
Taller & Heavier = Better. The program needs to recruit better players to get over the next hump - I just don't think I'll know if they are better based on what Scout lists as their height and weight in high school. I think I'll know when I see them play better than the players who went to four straight bowl games and won two conference championships.
On the Commander's question why we have not fared well against top 20-25;
Speed, we rarely if ever had top twenty overall team speed. Thats why we have trouble beating the GaTechs, VaTechs, Michigans , Miami's and Oaklahomas. Its why we struggled with WVU, Cinci and Temple. We need to go fast.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I think better recruiting(depth wise) translates on the field. I still don't think were on the same level as Ville, Rutgers, Cincy yet, and it shows since 2005 Uconn is a combined 7-14 vs. these teams. I agree have been better recently 3-6 in last 3. Let the upward trend continue.
If this is sarcasm then I get it, but based on how you wrote it maybe you mean it and just aren't that great at math. Hard to tell on the internets.

Reaction Score
On the Commander's question why we have not fared well against top 20-25;
Speed, we rarely if ever had top twenty overall team speed. Thats why we have trouble beating the GaTechs, VaTechs, Michigans , Miami's and Oaklahomas. Its why we struggled with WVU, Cinci and Temple. We need to go fast.

Sir, are you saying that we were in the past......slow? Nonsense. THERE! East Hartford! The windy plains of the old aircraft test strip. Let me tell you about the day that I single handedly led a charge up the stairs to the Coors wagon. THere was a herd of large, sweaty, and angry beasts in the way in the concourse, as the home team was getting bady beaten that day. I kicked one of the larger beasts in the tail, and then used my shoelace as a lasso, and rode the beast like a steer through the crowd, singing the fight song at the top of my lungs....I'm an accomplished singer you know......a slight tug to the right at the stair, and stunning dismount....and there I was at the counter, ready to purchase my beer.....it was such a stunning display......the vendor simply handed it over. The crowd stood in awe. And since that day, whenever a beer is needed, they simply call my name.

Oh yes, we were small and slow. But that didn't matter.

mets1090

Reaction Score
I assumed Spackler went off the deep end a couple decades ago but I think we all just saw it happen on our computer screens tonight.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Sir, are you saying that we were in the past......slow? Nonsense. THERE! East Hartford! The windy plains of the old aircraft test strip. Let me tell you about the day that I single handedly led a charge up the stairs to the Coors wagon. THere was a herd of large, sweaty, and angry beasts in the way in the concourse, as the home team was getting bady beaten that day. I kicked one of the larger beasts in the tail, and then used my shoelace as a lasso, and rode the beast like a steer through the crowd, singing the fight song at the top of my lungs....I'm an accomplished singer you know......a slight tug to the right at the stair, and stunning dismount....and there I was at the counter, ready to purchase my beer.....it was such a stunning display......the vendor simply handed it over. The crowd stood in awe. And since that day, whenever a beer is needed, they simply call my name.

mets1090

Reaction Score
I'm 21 and my knees are creakier than the doors on my first car. The doors were really creaky.

Reaction Score
this is the first full year of Coach P in my opinion recruiting wise. He came in Jan/feb. Also had a walk-on qb as a starter. These guys are in his system now for a year/and his recruits are coming in. That's why i say time will tell. This year I bet it's better than 5-7.

True now that PP got a full year of his recruits in, this year should be better than 5-7. Good point.

Reaction Score

A+ stuff right here.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Recognize, please, that you cannot logically defend P (which was what this thread was about) simply by hating Edsall.

What you are doing is simply Rovian. Taking your own obsession and trying to project it upon someone else. My post was defended P in full, you're the one that seized on one line and made it about Edsall. You're the one that has to defend Edsall against any little snub perceived or otherwise. You've gone full-upstater for Edsall. It's become parody and you are never going to get better until you face it instead of projecting to others.

Reaction Score
Is it any wonder that the biggest Apologists are also the biggest P critics and/or skeptics? I find this to be really interesting. I imagine that if Edsall gets fired soon, the same people will want him back.

And for the record I couldn't stand Edsall, and I am less than plussed with this current staff.

Reaction Score
Is it any wonder that the biggest Apologists are also the biggest P critics and/or skeptics? I find this to be really interesting. I imagine that if Edsall gets fired soon, the same people will want him back.

And for the record I couldn't stand Edsall, and I am less than plussed with this current staff.

I consider myself one of the biggest Edsall "apologists" on this board, and I have yet to criticize Coach P besides some questionable in game decisions last season (specifically time management)

A new coach, unless he is just glaringly atrocious, should get 4 years. Allows him to implement his system, and allows him to coach his recruits as upperclassmen.

Reaction Score
I have also been supportive. I'm fine that we stepped back installing his system at some cost, I didn't blame him for the players sucking in the conference losses and I think talk about him needing to do well this year is silly. I only blamed him for Vandy, which is just me thinking he made a mistake, and want to see results before I fall over myself praising him. Heck =- I said last year he was due credit for not forcing his ways on a program to the full extent Edsall did.

But to some in the 'Boneyard, anything I ever say about P will to them be about Edsall. I can't help that.

Reaction Score
Randy Edsall has more defections at UMD than Penn State does from a child molestation scandal, recruits AND present players combined. Good riddance.

Reaction Score
I have also been supportive. I'm fine that we stepped back installing his system at some cost, I didn't blame him for the players sucking in the conference losses and I think talk about him needing to do well this year is silly. I only blamed him for Vandy, which is just me thinking he made a mistake, and want to see results before I fall over myself praising him. Heck =- I said last year he was due credit for not forcing his ways on a program to the full extent Edsall did.

But to some in the 'Boneyard, anything I ever say about P will to them be about Edsall. I can't help that.

Although even with Vandy--it wasn't him on D that let that guy run all over the field. Make a couple of tackles and that pick doesn't even matter.

Reaction Score
His time management was truly awful. It was just as bad as Edsall was in some areas (blocked puts).

I am not optimistic about his long term prospects here. But anything can happen.

I consider myself one of the biggest Edsall "apologists" on this board, and I have yet to criticize Coach P besides some questionable in game decisions last season (specifically time management)

A new coach, unless he is just glaringly atrocious, should get 4 years. Allows him to implement his system, and allows him to coach his recruits as upperclassmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom