Paige.. AP All American First Team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige.. AP All American First Team

Reaction Score
Where is the poster that claimed that because of Hailey Van Lith and Clark, Paige will never be AA :)

Post aged well, don't you think?

Bored Season 3 GIF by The Office

Reaction Score
You are correct @eebmg , BUT, the article does say... she "received 28 first-place votes from the national panel of 30 media members that vote each week in the AP Top 25 poll." This means no one not named "Paige" got more than 2 "first place" votes from the 30 media members. This makes Paige's selection that much more impressive...bodes well for NPOY selection as well.

Well Done!!!

That's not what it means. Each voter has 5 first place votes to cast.

Reaction Score
That's not what it means. Each voter has 5 first place votes to cast.
Gotcha...Please see post #21 in this thread.
The ESPN news article on this AP All American Team says "first place"... and so do all the others I found on the Web... but one, the Idaho Statesmen, lists the players "First Place" votes (likely meant to be FIRST TEAM), and total points they received. Paige got the MOST First TEAM Votes and the highest POINT Total.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Gotcha...Please see post #21 in this thread.
The ESPN news article on this AP All American Team says "first place"... and so do all the others I found on the Web... but one, the Idaho Statesmen, lists the players "First Place" votes (likely meant to be FIRST TEAM), and total points they received. Paige got the MOST First TEAM Votes and the highest POINT Total.
Since we are all lazy old farts, it would be great if someone posted a link to the Idaho Statesmen article.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
I would have maybe found a place for Rennia Davis, perhaps instead of Dungee, but that is nitpicking.

I am relieved they picked the correct Stanford player for recognition.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Too bad her incredible BE tournament performance was not considered in the voting
You don't think that they didn't have her performance in the BE tournament in the back of their minds when they were voting?

Reaction Score
I am happy that Kianna Williams will get the opportunity to demonstrate her AA skills in the upcoming tournament. In my mind, she is a top 5 AA. She just happens to play on a team so deep in talent, that her skills are not always on display each and every game. Like PB, this kid is money.

Reaction Score
The other first teamers, not Paige
The Idaho one had it at one point, but I can’t see it now. Dana had 25, Howard and Smith had 16 and Boston was somewhere in between.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
AP All American does not qualify Paige for the Husky Wall of Honor. Only the WBCA All American Team qualifies a player for the Wall of Honor. I suspect Paige will get the WBCA Award sometime this week.

Matches M. Moore as quickest ever to qualify for the Wall. She really is a Bucket.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom