Paige.. AP All American First Team | The Boneyard

Paige.. AP All American First Team

Reaction Score
AP All American First Team.. Well deserved.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210317-121804_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210317-121804_Instagram.jpg
    971.6 KB · Views: 396

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Page leads the team with 28 of 30 first place votes.

She was joined by Dana Evans of Louisville, Aliyah Boston of South Carolina, Rhyne Howard of Kentucky and NaLyssa Smith of Baylor.

Reaction Score
Article does not say how many of the first team votes, the others received? Weird omission I think.
You are correct @eebmg , BUT, the article does say... she "received 28 first-place votes from the national panel of 30 media members that vote each week in the AP Top 25 poll." This means no one not named "Paige" got more than 2 "first place" votes from the 30 media members. This makes Paige's selection that much more impressive...bodes well for NPOY selection as well.

Well Done!!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
HOH here she comes. There is a strong momentum building behind Paige for multiple AA teams and I believe multiple NPOY’s as well.

These are exciting times for fans of UConn WBB.
Will THIS "Associated Press" selection get her on the wall, or does UConn require a player to be voted an AA by the United States Basketball Writers Association (USBWA)? Biff's post suggests that it does.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Will THIS "Associated Press" selection get her on the wall, or does UConn require a player to be voted an AA by the United States Basketball Writers Association (USBWA)?
I thought it was either or. But since the WBCA AA team consists of 10 players, it is unimaginable that Paige would not also be included on that AA team as well.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I
You are correct @eebmg , BUT, the article does say... she "received 28 first-place votes from the national panel of 30 media members that vote each week in the AP Top 25 poll." This means no one not named "Paige" got more than 2 "first place" votes from the 30 media members. This makes Paige's selection that much more impressive...bodes well for NPOY selection as well.

Well Done!!!
I dont think that is how it works. Each voter puts their 5 picks for first team. That means only 2 voters felt she did not make 1st team. So still no clue on how.many 1st team ballots the others were on

Reaction Score
I
I dont think that is how it works. Each voter puts their 5 picks for first team. That means only 2 voters felt she did not make 1st team. So still no clue on how.many 1st team ballots the others were on
Maybe... but if we go by what's written... it says "first place"...

Found this on another news website from the Idaho Statesman... https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/nation-world/article250004744.html
It includes how many "first place" votes each person received...but it clearly looks more like "First TEAM" votes, vice "First PLACE".
AND...it includes Olivia and Christyn as "Honorable Mention".

Last edited:

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
1st team:
Bueckers, Evans, Boston, Howard, Smith

2nd team:
N.C. State's Elissa Cunane, Michigan's Naz Hillmon, Arizona's Aari McDonald, Iowa's Caitlin Clark, Texas' Charli Collier of Texas

3rd team:
Oklahoma State's Natasha Mack, Maryland's Ashley Owusu, UCLA's Michaela Onyenwere, Stanford's Kiana Williams and Arkansas' Chelsea Dungee

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom