OT - Temple's goal: 35,000-seat, $100 million stadium | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT - Temple's goal: 35,000-seat, $100 million stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My view ...

Philadelphia is a city with tons of opportunity in the infill areas. Temple looks awful. But in the 3-4 years I've been watching, there's a lot of good things happening within blocks of Broad Street. I'm encouraged by the Stadium idea. But the main thrust is community that is coming from new residential.

Unlike ... NYC for instance ... You can still find a Dollar store a block away from the Ritz Carlton in Center City.

Reaction Score
College football a tough sell in large urban cities. Not just in football , but also have to compete against pro baseball, basketball, and hockey. Nothing is cheap anymore. A person sports / entertainment budget goes only so far. If your not a winning program, it's twice as tough to sell. It will be interesting to see what effect putting 2 NFL teams in L.A. will do to USC + UCLA fan base.

Reaction Score
College football a tough sell in large urban cities. Not just in football , but also have to compete against pro baseball, basketball, and hockey. Nothing is cheap anymore. A person sports / entertainment budget goes only so far. If your not a winning program, it's twice as tough to sell. It will be interesting to see what effect putting 2 NFL teams in L.A. will do to USC + UCLA fan base.
Those 2 fan bases didn't have a problem when the Rams were there before...and they won't have a problem now.

Reaction Score
UCLA degree holder

The Rams, or any other Pro team, will have little effect on UCLA or USC attendance or attraction. If those Programs have winning football ... They do great. USC - after the Pete Carroll rise - may have a solid core non alum level unknown previously.

When I went to the Rans games in Anaheim, it wasn't a good experience. The NEW NFL entrant will be light years beyond.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
My view ...

Philadelphia is a city with tons of opportunity in the infill areas. Temple looks awful. But in the 3-4 years I've been watching, there's a lot of good things happening within blocks of Broad Street. I'm encouraged by the Stadium idea. But the main thrust is community that is coming from new residential.

Unlike ... NYC for instance ... You can still find a Dollar store a block away from the Ritz Carlton in Center City.
Unfortunately there are a lot of bad things still happening around Temple.

Mob attacks Temple students, police, horse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01