OT - Rose Bowl | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT - Rose Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Penn State has had a great game playing aggressive, wide open football. They were successful throwing but down the stretch they run, run, run trying to bleed the clock instead of moving the chains and scoring. Who was upstairs Randy or Bobby?

And TD for USC. That is why that was a flawed strategy to run, run , run. Today's college football is about scoring. And PSU reverted back to the sixties.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Still got time to go down the field but wow....

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I know TDH is blowing his wad over this game, but this type of game absolutely drives me nuts! Penn State had this game wrapped up and yet are doing their best to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. A little defense please...

Reaction Score
Nobody was contacted. There was no search. It is what it is.
I believe what's been suggested that the people who bought out Diaco wanted RE. It is indeed what it is. Randy is better than Diaco, and without the buyout people, we still have Diaco. So, let's just don't worry, be happy.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I know TDH is blowing his wad over this game, but this type of game absolutely drives me nuts! Penn State had this game wrapped up and yet are doing their best to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. A little defense please...

I usually hate these high scoring Big 12 games but there is no defense for that throw on the tie. This kid is ridiculous.

Reaction Score

PSU was being too conservative on that 3rd and 4, you got a mobile qb roll around if there is nothing take the sack, USC was gonna have time, sometimes your defense has to be your offense, wrap it up, and of course horrible decision making there.

Reaction Score
Darnold is incredible, hard to believe he's a freshman. Why can't we ever have a QB who is half as good as him?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I usually hate these high scoring Big 12 games but there is no defense for that throw on the tie. This kid is ridiculous.

Granted, but I'm talking about the entire 4th quarter.

Oh, and for TDH, that last play is what happens sometimes when you just want to chuck the pigskin in the air all day...

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Granted, but I'm talking about the entire 4th quarter.

Oh, and for TDH, that last play is what happens sometimes when you just want to chuck the pigskin in the air all day...
What if one of these teams played defense? Consistently through the game, I mean.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Once they dropped the first INT I would have run it and played for OT if I were PSU.

Yup. And now they're going to lose a game that they controlled for the entire second half...

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I can't believe PSU gave this away. They got too conservative. Also, terrible play calling on their last possession.

Reaction Score
Penn State lost this game on their second to last possession when they "turtled". On that possession, USC had to defend both the run and the pass. On the last possession, they just had to defend the pass and play centerfield.

PSU deserved to lose for their complete lack of courage in reverting to conservative play calling when they should have kept the pressure on USC.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Penn State lost this game on their second to last possession when they "turtled". On that possession, USC had to defend both the run and the pass. On the last possession, they just had to defend the pass and play centerfield.

PSU deserved to lose for their complete lack of courage in reverting to conservative play calling when they should have kept the pressure on USC.

Smart turtling by USC on that last drive

Reaction Score

Yep, no guts no glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32