OT - Rose Bowl | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT - Rose Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, this guy Mixon is pretty amazing to watch. Just goes to show you how much a difference one guy can make. Can you imagine what our Fiesta bowl would have been like if Aaron Hernandez hadn't de-committed? I mean, we could have made a game of it with a single addition like him. Not saying he didn't do the right thing, but what could have been . . .

Reaction Score
Well, this guy Mixon is pretty amazing to watch. Just goes to show you how much a difference one guy can make. Can you imagine what our Fiesta bowl would have been like if Aaron Hernandez hadn't de-committed? I mean, we could have made a game of it with a single addition like him. Not saying he didn't do the right thing, but what could have been . . .
Glad we didn't have to deal with the murders though. Mixon is legit.

Reaction Score
That's my point. In what world is 49 points not sufficient to win? That's 7 touchdowns worth of points! That means your defense didn't take care of business. Period. I don't want to hear about one possession where they ran the ball, especially since they lost the game on a possession where they should not have thrown the ball.

But I know that doesn't fit your m.o., and I know you don't talk about defense...

USC is pretty happy with the outcome, lousy defense or not. That game had no defense on either sideline, but USC's defense stopped Penn State when a couple of first downs (or another score) could have put the game away. So I'm guessing the USC coaches feel that their D took care of business, even if it was just once.

Reaction Score
I know. He's bad karma. I'm just sayin that with a talent like him on the field we could have even won that game. Playmakers make a difference.

Reaction Score
Being with his brother and Edsall might have kept him off that path.

Or at least I like to think that.
I'll never understand how he went so wrong. Such an unbelievable waste of talent, he ruined so many lives. His mom seems to attract trouble.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'll never understand how he went so wrong. Such an unbelievable waste of talent, he ruined so many lives. His mom seems to attract trouble.

In an alternate universe his father doesn't die and he's in Canton.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I reffed a bunch of Aaron Hernandez's high school games.

I had one at Muzzy - where I was the LJ so I got stuck chasing him all night.

He had like 5 sacks, 9 TFL, 9 catches for 200 yards and 4 TDs.

It was ridiculous.

Reaction Score

It was ridiculous.
Unbelievable athlete. Kind of crazy from a state the size of CT. Florida got two tight ends the caliber of Hernandez and Reed.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Unbelievable athlete. Kind of crazy from a state the size of CT. Florida got two tight ends the caliber of Hernandez and Reed.

Jordan Reed? Isn't he fron CT as well

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Recruiting in eastern Pennsylvania. We've done well there in the past. Can't afford to lose even one possible recruit if we can help it. But right now, our two teams are playing in different galaxies so it probably didn't matter today...

Rutgers is actually as much/bigger competition in eastern PA.

Over the 4 years Franklin has recruited, of the 87 players PSU signed, only 23 were from PA and half of those from the Pittsburgh metro. In that same timeframe, Rutty signed 11 out of PA.

There was an interesting article awhile back on 3*-5* recruits per state vs # of FBS programs in that state to establish a "density" (assuming all recruits stayed in state). It came to the conclusion that Delaware/Maryland/Virginia/DC are underrecruited. So maybe, if there's anyone in MD who actually liked HCRE, he can pull in a handful of guys.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I pretty much did games for all the D-1 and NFL guys from that era around here. Byron Jones, Tebucky Jones Jr., the Golic kids (I laughed at the gym yesterday when I saw Mike Jr. on a bowl call), Max, Boyle, Tyler Murphy, Knighton, Lawrence, Spivey, Pinnock...

Aaron Hernandez was on another level - but I think I'd say the second best player I saw at the high schools level was DeLorenzo.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Now this is the way college football is played. What defenses? They have given up 35 & 42 points. They hardly showed up. All PSU or USC will need from them will be a stop or two at the end of the game. Otherwise, they are barely speed bumps. Note to UConn and Randy: The game today is all about OFFENSE.

WHAT? Another score, anothet TD pass.

Then why are the 2 teams playing for the title the most stout defensive lines in the country? Offense is great fun, but defense always uas and always will win championships.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Darnold is incredible, hard to believe he's a freshman. Why can't we ever have a QB who is half as good as him?

Six long years of PasquaDiaco.

Reaction Score

It was ridiculous.
Can you imagine what it would have been like if Big DJ didn't die? Aaron stays at Uconn, plays for Randy. I mean, he wouldn't have lost any draft status. He would have been close to home, big DJ would have kept him in check. We'd be in a P5 league right now. Little quirks of fate . . . .

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score

We talking about Mixon from Oklahoma? The guy who, on video, punchued a woman square in the face and broke her nose and jaw? I'll pass.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
Yep. Did you know Rutger's played the first game?

1869...Rutgers vs. Princeton. I think the final score was 6-4 Rutgers. None of us would now recognize it as American football. It was more like rugby.

Reaction Score
We talking about Mixon from Oklahoma? The guy who, on video, punchued a woman square in the face and broke her nose and jaw? I'll pass.
You have to give people a second chance. If he's made his amends, then he should get a second chance. I'd want that. You'd want that. Let's not be too quick.

Reaction Score
Then why are the 2 teams playing for the title the most stout defensive lines in the country? Offense is great fun, but defense always uas and always will win championships.

So neither Bama nor Clemson have good offenses? Never said defense couldn't be useful, but UConn will never position itself where it wants to be playing a boring. Ground and pound offense.

Reaction Score
He sat out a year, I don't think his life and career should he over at 20 years old. Everyone deserves a second chance.

Reaction Score
He sat out a year, I don't think his life and career should he over at 20 years old. Everyone deserves a second chance.
That punch made Ray Rice say "damnnnn".

UConnNick

Reaction Score
Nobody was contacted. There was no search. It is what it is.

There was no search because Bobby Burton said if you want 3.4 million clams you're hiring Edsall. Take it or leave it. We took it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom