OT: Products you believe in | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Products you believe in

Status
Not open for further replies.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Technivorm Moccamaster. If you must brew your coffee by the pot, temperature stability at 200-203F and a well designed showerhead are necessities for a good extraction. Few electric drip units get you there. They're spendy at $300-ish, but they'll last for years and have a simple design where all the power goes to the heating unit and not to bells and whistles.

If you prefer to brew a cup at a time by hand, the Aeropress is extremely versatile for espresso-ish drinks/Americanos or for a short cup of drip. Otherwise, Clever dripper is an easy to use set and forget one cup brewer.

And for grinders, the Capresso Infinity works as good as the more expensive Baratzas if you're doing anything coarser than espresso. But you do need a burr grinder, seriously.

Reaction Score
Strava for biking or running. Records time, distance & pace very well add power or heart rate monitor if you want. Has nice competitive 'segments' stretches of a run or ride where you compete against your previous times or others for the psycho overly competitive types.
www.strava.com

Most people have heard of Waze, but its easily saved me 50 hours of driving over the past 2 years and that's with mostly commuting by public transport.
Its an app for smartphone.
At this point most people are using Google maps so they get the same Waze algorithm. If you're using Apple maps though.... Well there's just no hope for you.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
At this point most people are using Google maps so they get the same Waze algorithm. If you're using Apple maps though.... Well there's just no hope for you.
Google doesn't identify speed traps. It is true that Waze users may miss the occasional road hazard, but Google doesn't ID any other than traffic.

Reaction Score
Redline for automotive oils. It is a bit too expensive for motor oil unless you are one of those 10,000 mile people. But for tranny and diff fluid, it is the best. For motor oil I go with Mobil1 High Mileage. The High Mileage additives are a bigger deal than most people realize. I use it even in cars that don't have high mileage.

On the car topic, I am a HUGE proponent of Blizzak tires. For those of us that live in colder areas where packed snow and ice linger on the roads, it is a big deal. I buy an extra set of rims and just swap entire wheels at the beggining and end of winter which, for us, can last for 5 months. Yes, all season tires on an AWD car can get you going but the problem is more with cornering and stopping. And you don't really pay that much more for tires as each set wears about half as fast. The biggest inconvenience is having to store a set of wheels. But I love my Blizzaks.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Google doesn't identify speed traps. It is true that Waze users may miss the occasional road hazard, but Google doesn't ID any other than traffic.
I agree with that. I've honestly moved away from Waze just because the interface isnt as nice as Google. That and I've got enough electronics that I can find the speed traps without it lol

Reaction Score
Rubbing alocohol post shave

SEBO vaccum - you'll choke on the cost but man are they great and durable.

Reaction Score
Dude, do yourself a favor and this coming black Friday, when they are on sale, buy yourself a cordless Dyson. We have two very sheddy black labs and this thing is a godsend.

Just make sure you clean them every now and then. I've ruined two Dysons because I didn't clean the filters often enough.

Reaction Score
Just make sure you clean them every now and then. I've ruined two Dysons because I didn't clean the filters often enough.

And the beater brush needs to be replaced every few years to keep it working properly. They get worn and don't grab fur as well.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Mint is the best budget software currently in existence for commercial users.

Reaction Score
And the beater brush needs to be replaced every few years to keep it working properly. They get worn and don't grab fur as well.

The good news is that the parts are easy to get and pretty easy to change out. Just have to pay attention to it.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
I like to grow peppers and cherry tomatoes on my deck. The Grow Box from Garden Patch is hydroponic magic. Check out: The Garden Patch

I've used various types of smokers over the years and am elated with my Brinkmann gourmet electric domed smoker (can't get the link to work). I added an inverted 15" grill on top of the burner that allows wood chunks (I use hickory and apple) to burn beautifully. Have had to replace the water pan and heat unit and it's still going strong after 10+ years. Great addition to the deck. It's a no-brainer, fun to use, and it's safe.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The good news is that the parts are easy to get and pretty easy to change out. Just have to pay attention to it.

I hear you. Time just flies by and you don't realize it. Vacs should come with a maintenence minder like cars have now.

Replacing the brush was a bit of a PITA.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

The only time I ever got a speeding ticket was the one time I went on a road trip with a radar detector.

Reaction Score
That's the Baquacil system. I had it for 6 years it is A-W-F-U-L, awful. It's expensive and eventually fails.

Go here and save $1,000s going forward.

www.troublefreepool.com
Thanks for the heads-up; A lot of warnings that H2O2 pool deteriorates over time. I was planning to convert to an ozone generator like the one used in my Samadhi tank.

For a smaller pool: Del Ozone Total Eclipse 2 Ozonator 110v up to 25,000 gallons - ECT-2-16 - INYOPools.com

I can't stand chlorine.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
When walking long distances, this is a truly brilliant product. Also better for foreplay than applying sunscreen.

monkey-butt-powder-3.jpg

Can't believe it but I'm going to second the Monkey Butt. Excellent for surf rash and assorted maladies.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
In a similar way, mix of isopropyl alcohol an water in a spray bottle. Spray on iced windshields, wait 5 minutes, and ice comes right off.

Alternatively, idle the car for five minutes for the same result. heh heh

intlzncster

Reaction Score
2) Shave Secret Shave Oil - I hate shaving and I've tried it all. This stuff comes in a container about the size of a Visine bottle. 5-6 drops is all you need and it gives me the best shave I've ever had. Plus, if you travel a lot, it's easy to pack away and get through TSA.

Not quite to Deep's specs, but if you aren't into oils, this stuff is also amazing to shave with: King of Shaves

Any of the gels, per your needs. They have the slightest, thinnest of lathers, and the razor just slides over no problem. Soft and supple afterwards.

Plus they have a shave oil there too which I haven't tried.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
When I don't have that handy my backup is 4 ibuprofen and a can of monster, while rocking some polarized sunglasses

If you don't have Excedrin, you create your own by taking aspirin, Tylenol and then getting as much caffeine into your system as you can. If there is a good thing about migraines is that you generally can tell when they're rolling in, so you have some time to assemble your defenses.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Apple maps are ok. Google maps are ok. If you think there's a difference at this point, come visit me in New York where Google still can't figure out the exits off the Cross Westchester.

Waze is a different animal entirely at this point. The crowd-sourcing of information is a major difference and still has not been imported into Google maps. Yes, it's a battery killer and yes, it's sucking up a lot of data and info that it has no business with, but if you need to travel through this part of the world and do not like traffic, it's peerless.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
smells bad, reddens eyes, is a known carcinogen, is absorbed into skin, causes skin and hair to dry out, causes wrinkles.
The smell comes from combined chloromines (Free chlorine attaching to organic matter). Stop peeing in the water. The red eyes is commonly due to improperly balanced pH and combined chloromines. Keep pH between 7.3 and 7.7 and stop peeing in the pool.

Liquid Chlorine is the exact same compound as household bleach (sodium hypochlorite), just more concentrated (10-12.5% vs. 3-8.25%) and once it hits the pool water, it gets diluted by 2,000 times. So I can't comment on it being a carcinogen, but the WHO recently identified deli meat a carcinogen so I will take that with a gigantic side of salt, no pun intented.

For the record, if you are judging chlorine based on commercial pool, they schkieve me out too. My personal residential pool has no smell, no red eyes and the water is crystal clear.

Mind you, I'm not looking to convert you to Chlorine. Just clearing up some mistakes conceptions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog